Rickler
Dougie
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Coaching Staff Culled? Empty
PostSubject: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Quote :
Gordon Sparks ‏@SparksyOnRadio · 10 mins10 minutes ago
My sources inform me John Harbin, Sean McCarthy & Rhys Wilmot have left #pafc Paul Wotton, with 12 months left on current contract, remains.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
Gordon Sparks ‏@SparksyOnRadio  · 10 mins10 minutes ago  
My sources inform me John Harbin, Sean McCarthy & Rhys Wilmot have left #pafc Paul Wotton, with 12 months left on current contract, remains.

Wish i saw this before i posted a thread about brent not wanting a mass cull now lol

pity about wilmot as he did a good job with McCormick, not so shocked about Harbin as he was always going to go surprised it was McCarthy who went and not Wotton.

Thanks for all the work lads all the best in the future elsewhere. I Look forward to seeing who Del Bhey brings in in their stead who are equal or better.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Wotton will be gone in 12...
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Surprised Wilmot has gone, although to be honest he's probably wasted. I doubt there's much more Luke could learn for this level given his experience, its just about keeping him fit now. I'd certainly like to see us look to bring in a young keeper as an understudy to Luke soon, maybe a Prem/Champ youth team reject that we could bring in for free and raise up for future first team - as we did with Curtis Nelson (although he wasn't really nurtured, but more chucked in out of necessity) and Super Luke himself of course was a young kid released by his academy (Cov?) that we picked up. 

McCarthy too seems an odd one, he's been a quiet member of the coaching staff and I have no idea how good a coach he is, but he has successfully trained our best strike partnership for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:01 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Surprised Wilmot has gone, although to be honest he's probably wasted. I doubt there's much more Luke could learn for this level given his experience, its just about keeping him fit now. I'd certainly like to see us look to bring in a young keeper as an understudy to Luke soon, maybe a Prem/Champ youth team reject that we could bring in for free and raise up for future first team - as we did with Curtis Nelson (although he wasn't really nurtured, but more chucked in out of necessity) and Super Luke himself of course was a young kid released by his academy (Cov?) that we picked up. 

McCarthy too seems an odd one, he's been a quiet member of the coaching staff and I have no idea how good a coach he is, but he has successfully trained our best strike partnership for years.

Cant see them doing that at the moment. If Bittner doesnt sign that contract offered that is if not then why not i guess. Goalkeepers still need coaching so i imagine Wilmott will be replaced no matter what. As for McCarthy i would give some credit for the helping Alessandra and Reid find their goalscoring feet hnere. Shame he was let go but again i am keen to see how good the guys Del Bhey replaces McCarhty, Wilmott, D Sheridan and Harbin with are goig forward.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Paul Wotton has served Argyle wonderfully over the years. However I'm not sure why it should be almost nailed on that he is a manager in waiting.

He certainly dodged a bullet today. Why three of the staff get the chop but the fourth, and probably the most influential, doesn't is a mystery.

It's not as if Adams is aware of their capabilities.

It seem Brent is not the only untouchable at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Probably because it would involve paying off 12 month contract. They might as well pay him to do something rather than nothing, especially if it helps stops the devil finding work for idle hands
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah, looks like the only reason Wotton is still on the books is because he hasn't reached the end of his contract.

Hopefully Adams will be allowed to bring all the people in that he so chooses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Wotton must have signed a new deal on the quiet as he only signed a 12 month deal this time last year.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Argyle are just ripe for an Assistant named Clive...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Angry wrote:
Wotton must have signed a new deal on the quiet as he only signed a 12 month deal this time last year.

And to think that a sizeable chunk on Pasoti wanted him as manager.

I find that in itself quite scary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Maybe Adams will bring in Neale Cooper? was his Asst at Ross County
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Rickler wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Sparksy on Twitter and Paul Hart of the Legends on facebook both announce this before the club has spoken to all those who have apparently lost their jobs. This club just gets worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Rickler wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Sparksy on Twitter and Paul Hart of the Legends on facebook both announce this before the club has spoken to all those who have apparently lost their jobs. This club just gets worse.

After Carl Fletcher having to do a post match interview and then announce he'd been sacked you would have thought people would have learned their lessons.

This place really is a feckin shambles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Absolutely shocking that the club are this unprofessional still.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Could it have come from a leak from one of the sack staff? And was it naughty of sparksy to tweet it, if he want’s to upset the new manager he going in the right direction
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Could it have come from a leak from one of the sack staff?  And  was it naughty of sparksy to tweet  it, if he want’s  to upset the new manager he going in the right direction

better del bhey understands the mickey mouse running of the club now than further down the line.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Rhys Wilmot replied saying it was 'the first he had heard of it'. If true, then it proves what a complete shambles we really are.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Sparsky should know better. shame on him. Someone at argyle needs to take control or we will continue to look worse then a pub team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:49 pm

How feckin amateurish are we when one of the outgoing coaches finds out his fate from a radio presenter.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Paven wrote:
Rhys Wilmot replied saying it was 'the first he had heard of it'. If true, then it proves what a complete shambles we really are.

Did the plug let the cat out of the bag to his friends in the media

Andy Newport –
@AndyNewportPA

Sports reporter for Press Association Scotland. Former striker for @ClydesideAth. All views my own and/or blatantly plagiarised - retweets not an endorsement

5h5
Andy Newport ‏@AndyNewportPA
Hearing Craig Brewster is to join Derek Adams at Plymouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Paven wrote:

Did the plug let the cat out of the bag to his friends in the media

Andy Newport –
@AndyNewportPA

Sports reporter for Press Association Scotland. Former striker for @ClydesideAth. All views my own and/or blatantly plagiarised - retweets not an endorsement

5h5
Andy Newport ‏@AndyNewportPA
Hearing Craig Brewster is to join Derek Adams at Plymouth

Savvy appointment if true. Another Pro Licence coach and knows about this level too.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Muppets the lot of them, lets hope Adams can bring a more positive professional aspect to the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coaching Staff Culled?   Coaching Staff Culled? Empty

Back to top Go down

Coaching Staff Culled?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next