Dane
pepsipete
Jethro
AstiSpumante
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

pre - season friendlies Empty
PostSubject: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:06 pm

just announced Torquay v Argyle July 28 7.45pm
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:25 pm

A golden opportunity for a day on the drunken sunny
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Do we have a full list of friendlys yet ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:05 pm

No Barca or Real away then? Pft, Turkey will have to do then I suppose. I wonder when the annual star studded clash against the mighty Saltash will be announced? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
just announced Torquay v Argyle   July 28  7.45pm

as always, no doubt the usual games against Tiverton, Truro, Weston and Weymouth will be arranged too at some point between the first team and reserve teams.

Would like to see a big team at home but i dont think they will arrange that now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:19 pm

no sign of a Tiverton game from what ive been told
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:21 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
no sign of a Tiverton game from what ive been told

they'll be one at some point more than likely a reserve team going there if anything.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Ross County would be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:01 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Ross County would  be interesting.

wont happen as i cant see brent funding a jolly up to the highlands for a friendly nor can i see ross county coming all this way for one either (unless they are doing pre season in south england)

edited to add

Unless Brent is going to fund a pre season training camp in scotland in which a friendly could happen that way i guess along with a few others.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Playing saltash Utd on 3rd August
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:46 am

A scottish tour would see renewed bucket rattling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:49 am

Elias wrote:
A scottish tour would see renewed bucket rattling.

I would like to see a proper tour, Brazil or the US, or Cypress to gate-crash Tringy's pad. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:26 am

Tring lives in a tree house? FFS!
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:18 pm

I do wonder sometimes how playing non league opposition is a good preparation for a league 2 promotion campaign
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 pm

argyl3 wrote:
I do wonder sometimes how playing non league opposition is a good preparation for a league 2 promotion campaign

Is playing Premier League or Championship sides really any better either though?

If we want realistic preparation games then only League 1 and Conference games are sufficiently appropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:30 pm

argyl3 wrote:

i gurantee that on top of the usual teams the first team and a make shift reserve team play there will be one or two league 1- championship standard teams.

Pre season games are only there to build up match fitness and work on preparations for the season ahead nothing matters but that whether we hammer saltash 26-0 or lose to swansea 26-0 just means more work o certain areas to get ready for the real games.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:03 pm

I imagine Bristol City, Swindon and Cheltenham are all potential games.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Paven wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Is playing Premier League or Championship sides really any better either though?

If we want realistic preparation games then only League 1 and Conference games are sufficiently appropriate.

I agree, and decent L1 sides.

Truro City is always a nailed on pre-season most of the time, as is Torquay United (when they are in a different league).

I would welcome games against decent L1 sides.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Saltash is a defo. 3rd August
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Elburton Villa,  Bideford, Bath City, Torquay United so far

not exactly going to test the team much are they which is the whole point of these games on top of building up team cohesion and fitness
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Angry wrote:

not exactly going to test the team much are they which is the whole point of these games on top of building up team cohesion and fitness

building up team cohesion and fitness is the whole point of pre-season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:

building up team cohesion and fitness is the whole point of pre-season

thats what i said, but you do that better playing some teams that arent going to be walkovers like elburton and bideford will be and torquay too now if they continue to spiral into meltdown. I would rather drop one of them and go play a league 1 side away from home myself see how the team copes. Del Bhey will get far better feedback from that then 11-0 win against captain wankspasm's beloved bideford.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:29 pm

course this all hinges on whether or not we actually have some signings plus a Team to get all coherent with foreshaw.. last time I looked we didnt have much of a team after Sheridan and Brent's post-season freebie giveaway....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 6:08 pm

argyl3 wrote:
course this all hinges on whether or not we actually have some signings plus a Team to get all coherent with foreshaw..  last time I looked we didnt have much of a  team after Sheridan and Brent's post-season freebie giveaway....

the games will happen regardless unless one of the 4 folds like with hereford last season. Trialists, yts players will bump up the numbers whether all the transfers in are done or not like always.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: pre - season friendlies   pre - season friendlies EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:45 am

Bideford AFC Are Proud & delighted to be hosting a Pre season Friendly vs Plymouth Argyle 1st Team

Saturday 18th July 3pm At The Sports Ground Bideford , North Devon

We would like to invite the Green Army To join us

We are currently arranging some special events for The Green Army ( TBC )

Admission prices :

Adults £10
Senior Citzens £7
Under 16s £2
Under 12s FREE

There will be a special Match programme

Come & Join us At Bideford AFC - The Pride Of North Devon

Regards

Paul Richardson
Commercial Manager
Bideford AFC
Back to top Go down