The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reuben has foot surgery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Reuben has foot surgery Empty
PostSubject: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 am

Article in Herald- Reid apparently injured ligaments in his foot in the game against City-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Good that it's been sorted.

However I think the reason he was so good at the start of the season is the work he'd clearly put in over the close season. Whist his foot might've been fixed, being laid up for a few weeks while it does so won't do anything to allow him to maintain his condition during the summer.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:26 pm

He certainly looked fitter at the start of last season than I'd ever seen him previously. He's got a propensity to be somewhat on the tubby side (not that I'm one to talk, as I'm currently lowering yet another slice of microwave pizza into my already gravity-disturbing physique), so let's hope he does get a least a bit of pre-season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Microwave pizza ? Yuk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Wonder how he will get in with DA ?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 12:43 am

I wonder how ALL of them will get on with him TBH.

Don't get me wrong players need a disciplinarian, and from from time to time a right royal (lilac?) kick up the arse. But some also need the 'arm round the shoulder' approach, Reuben I sense being one of 'em. Has Delboy got that in his locker?

Something in one of the masses of clips and articles I've seen over the last week or so (think it's in the thread above actually) made me think of Reuben. (I paraphrase) "if a player has a knock and misses training that's fair enough, but he has to make that run up later in the week". Now I strongly applaud strict fitness regimes but Reid seems to pick up so many knocks in games, he might end up running five marathons on Fridays to 'catch up'.

It's my one and only big concern with the guy TBH, player management and methods. No-one loathes prima donas more than I, and we need them to be super fit and super motivated, great, I get that, 100%. But go too far in besting them, and there's some form there, it'll backfire.

If he can get the fine line spot on and get the squad of players to buy into his ethos we could well be onto something good. But get a reputation in playing circles, near and far, as just a ball breaking whip cracker and the historical retention/recruitment issues we've always struggled with will only get worse.

It'll be a cracking watch to see how it pans out but you're right Punch, Reid doesn't strike me as the sort to be beasted willingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuben has foot surgery   Reuben has foot surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Reuben has foot surgery
Page 1 of 1