Dougie
Czarcasm
Cornish Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Alessandra to Rochdale Empty
PostSubject: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Up a league, and closer to home.

I liked Alessandra a lot, but I'm not convinced he's League 1 quality.

Good luck to him anyway. There was never any doubt that he cared. Definitely one of those players who I'd rather have for us than against us.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 am

Decent player with the right attitude and work ethic. I would have preferred him to stay but what can you do when a footballing giant comes in and makes him an offer??
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 am

Approach play is easily League One standard. No one is irreplaceable but we had to wait a couple of season before he came along to fill the place he occupied with a decent footballer. Hope we do better and quicker this time round.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:06 am

At this rate we won't have a team to build on... it is very possible that any manager offered the job now is likely to decline it now as they can see players leaving underneath them!

What are we going to end up with? 1st choice, 2nd choice 3rd choice or heaven forbid 4th choice!!!

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 am

We'll miss his energy just as much as his ability. He was often the spark that got us going.

Still never mind. Nothing to be done about this one. He was always going to go at the end of the season.

I wonder if we had a cheeky little word with Keith Hill about our open manager's position along the way?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:26 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
We'll miss his energy just as much as his ability. He was often the spark that got us going.

At his best there was something of Norris about him. Just a shame he never had the consistency. I remember in the 5-0 win over Morecambe last year he was just about unplayable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:32 am

Never in doubt he would be off as soon as the season ended no matter who came in or stayed as boss. Good luck to Lewis i liked him as a player and we wi;l miss him thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:51 am

Shame, decent player who did well in his time down here. Always managed to find space which is the sign of a good player.

Never mind, our nationwide scouting network will be on the case scouring council pitches and fire brigades for a suitable replacement.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Still never mind. Nothing to be done about this one. He was always going to go at the end of the season.

I wonder if we had a cheeky little word with Keith Hill about our open manager's position along the way?

Sign of the times when Argyle need to have a "cheeky word" with Rochdale.

Good luck to Lewis, decent player if a bit frustrating at times. Believe he's played quite a bit in League 1 before, so wouldn't have thought the step up would be too much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

At his best there was something of Norris about him. Just a shame he never had the consistency. I remember in the 5-0 win over Morecambe last year he was just about unplayable.

This.

We'll struggle to get that much bang for our buck again but I got the impression he was very much a 'Sheridan man', JS leaving made this inevitable really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Or like he said, he wanted to be closer to his family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:17 pm

I think we'll miss him. Terrific stamina levels, covers several positions, never suspended, injured for about three games in two seasons, and played virtually every game. As committed as they come.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:33 pm

ejh wrote:
I think we'll miss him. Terrific stamina levels, covers several positions, never suspended, injured for about three games in two seasons, and played virtually every game. As committed as they come.

I second that.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Meh, good luck. We wont miss him as much as some make out - as good as he was.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

...and what motivated him to leave the vicinity of his family in the first place?

Lewis worked under Sheridan at Oldham as a youngster, I don't think we can discount JS departing as playing a significant part in his decision making, both to come here and now to depart.

Anyways, makes no odds to the outcome. I wouldn't take Sheridan back just to keep Lewi.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Maybe there was no family 2 years ago?

Maybe he didn't realise how time consuming all the travelling would be?

Maybe herself had indicated that she was going to move south too but changed her mind when her employer made her an offer that she couldn't refuse when she talked about leaving?

Maybe he did come here because of Sheridan but decided to leave because of one or all of the above months ago?

Maybe Sheridan's indecision came about well after Alessandra's decision?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Maybe. Just don't think their two decisions can be ruled out as being totally unconnected is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 pm

X Isle wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

...and what motivated him to leave the vicinity of his family in the first place?

Lewis worked under Sheridan at Oldham as a youngster, I don't think we can discount JS departing as playing a significant part in his decision making, both to come here and now to depart.

Anyways, makes no odds to the outcome. I wouldn't take Sheridan back just to keep Lewi.

Money I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Looked a good player when Roobs was fit, but seemed to struggle towards the end of the season (when Roobs was unfit and Argyle just played hoofball).

Think we'll miss him, he did score (and miss) a few (all open play) and his workrate was excellent. Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Alessandra scored as many from open play as Reuben did. As I say, will be hard to replace.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Up a league - nearer family - probably more dosh - no brainer.
He would have gone whoever was appointed as manager.
Thanks Lewi - good luck.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Plymouth Argyle losing players to Rochdale wtf, after four years under Jumping Jimmy this is what its come to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alessandra to Rochdale   Alessandra to Rochdale Empty

Back to top Go down

Alessandra to Rochdale
Page 1 of 1