Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
steveinspain
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg Empty
PostSubject: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:27 pm

ROOARRRR

No matter where your catching the game tomorrow either at Home Park, watching on the tv or listening to the radio do your bit for the wor effort and remember to thank brent for being a swell guy as its all down to him why we have made it here Rolling Eyes

but seriously

im hoping for two things tomorrow a clean sheet and first blood in terms of the win. Wycombe's keeper could miss the game tomorrow so that could be a big help to us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:51 pm

We need to win the tie tomorrow night, if we draw well be fecked. Crowd need to get behind the team for full ninety if that "here we go again" feeling gets established the players will drop. Confidence of the crowd has been a massive influence this season, personally I feel a lot more confident after the last few games and momentum built.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:41 pm

They will probably come trying not to get beaten. We have to make the first game at home to be in our advantage by putting the game to bed.
3-0 to us.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I would be delighted to go to Wycombe with any sort of lead and wouldn't be devastated if we drew. As others have mentioned the crowd can play its part but they can also have a negative impact.

One word for everyone tomorrow - patience.

No point in going gung-ho and getting frustrated if we're nil nil at 60 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:51 pm

I hope you're right Steve but I fear you're not.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Mixed news on whether Wycombe's keeper will be fit for tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:35 pm

I believe that Argyle can win this game, possibly by 2 or 3 goals, with non conceded.

They now have the chance to shine in front of a packed HP and do the job at hand, beating Wycombe and giving themselves a really good chance of getting to Wembley. The players will no doubt be as anxious as we are, but one would hope they are focussed and ready to go.

If they can do that, then i think next Thursday's second leg will will be in the bag.

However, [and adding a note of caution] we just do not know which Argyle side will turn up on Saturday. They could freeze-up in front of a big crowd and fall apart, thus losing the game and making it harder for themselves in the second leg.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Ladbrokes

Tying to predict the outcome of the Football League play-offs is tricky at the best of times but judging this season’s League Two quartet has thrown up a real stinker.

With question marks surrounding each of the candidates picking a potential winner hasn’t been easy.

For fans of trends: In the last 10 years the team that has finished fourth have won the play-offs three times, fifth-placed teams have gone up twice, likewise those who came sixth and the seventh side three times.

Does that make things any clearer? Probably not. But we had to choose someone and it’s John Sheridan’s Plymouth who get the nod.

Argyle aren’t carrying the same amount of recent play-off baggage as their rivals and look a solid shout to get past an injury-ravaged Wycombe side who were comfortably seen off 2-0 by the Greens back in February.

Added to that, wins over Tranmere and title-chasing Shrewsbury were a positive end to the campaign.

Phil Brown’s Southend outfit were on a stunning seven-game winning streak before falling out of the top three on the final day following defeat to Morecambe. The Shrimpers have a very chequered play-off history and are perhaps best avoided at the prices.

Meanwhile, Stevenage have performed heroics in the past and shown they’re more than capable of mixing it with the best in League Two.

A 2-0 loss to Luton last time out was Boro’s first defeat in eight outings and can be forgiven if you’re looking for an outside bet.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:40 pm

I was at Home Park this morning; the media is there in numbers and sky have some big lorries.

The media teams are,
Sky commentator for the first leg game is Gary Weaver, his co-commentator is former Manchester United and Nottingham Forest striker Garry Birtles.
The studio presenter is Natalie Sawyer.
Sparksy's match summarisers on Radio Devon are Steve Davey and Guy Branston
Radio 5 extra will be broadcasting as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I was at Home Park this morning; the media is there in numbers and  sky have some big lorries.

The media teams are,
Sky commentator for the first leg game is Gary Weaver, his co-commentator is former Manchester United and Nottingham Forest striker Garry Birtles.
The studio presenter is Natalie Sawyer.
Sparksy's match summarisers on Radio Devon are Steve Davey and Guy Branston
Radio 5 extra will be broadcasting as well.

natalie is very tall and nice
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Feckin excitin innit, I can't stop thinking about this time tomorrow, talk about starved of success bounce
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Go for them from the off, early goal and theyll buckle.
Still think we can win it at adams pk so a draw not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 7:54 am

Crowd will turn up but - as usual when we most need the result - the 'team' go completely awol. Our play-off 'dream' ends tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:45 am

Freathy wrote:
Crowd will turn up but - as usual when we most need the result - the 'team' go completely awol.  Our play-off 'dream' ends tonight.

I'm not sure what the point of being you is
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:19 am

He's our little ray of sunshine!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:37 am

just had my Argyle onesie washed for the occasion ....RRROOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:52 am

I'll be wearing full kit, shorts, socks and shin pads with my 2001 signed by Luggy jesters hat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:33 am

Bacon sarnies to start the day, drinking trousers on, ready to meet up with some mates at a few of the better Plymouth hostelries then a few ROARs from me as Chris Webb's James Brent's Shez's Barmy Army march on with a stirring 3-0 victory, foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:27 am

28 years of the play offs and our third time of qualifying. No wonder people are excited.

Geddon.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:27 am

I will be working in Portsmouth Harbour this evening but will have 5 live on plus a sneaky peak at a stream if anybody PMs me a link...............
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:32 am

Think we'll do it.
The main issue for me will be if we're in trouble at 60 mins does JS
try and revert to what worked at Shrewsbury?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:35 am

Homeslice wrote:
Bacon sarnies to start the day, drinking trousers on, ready to meet up with some mates at a few of the better Plymouth hostelries then a few ROARs from me as Chris Webb's James Brent's Shez's Barmy Army march on with a stirring 3-0 victory, foreshore.

Me too, plenty of coffee, carbs, some orange juice for vitamins, out for a walk in mo, into town this arvo to meet eldest son and mates in drinking house, GAWBA!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:36 am

nzgreen wrote:
Think we'll do it.
The main issue for me will be if we're in trouble at 60 mins does JS
try and revert to what worked at Shrewsbury?

The mans a tactical genius, no worries there. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Is it too early to start drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg Empty

Back to top Go down

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next