Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day Empty
PostSubject: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:47 am

As a tribute to our friend, it's been suggested that the Argyle fans who knew Neil dress in his style at the last match of the season, which is the away fixture at Shrewsbury.

This will involve wearing a fedora and an Italian football shirt, or a variation on that theme.
EBay has some inexpensive options for both items.

His widow, Jane, has described the idea as "a wonderful tribute to Neil", which is reason enough to support the idea.

The last match of the season often becomes a fancy dress opportunity. Let's do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 am

Nice one, I'm sure he would approve.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Great Idea.

Hopefully this'un will get played tomorrow too...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Yeah, good on Rickler for uploading it to Youtube
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 pm

As we come closer to the end of the season and the final match away at Shrewsbury, I'd like to remind everyone of this idea to pay tribute to our friend, Tyhee Slim.

Following his funeral last week, attended by a number of Argyle fans, his widow Jane was happy to hear that some of us would be wearing fedoras and Italia football shirts at this fixture. She's looking forward to seeing pictures of the day, when the time comes.

Brown fedoras and retro Italian football shirts can be found on eBay, Amazon and elsewhere at around £8-10 each, if you shop around.

It would be a grand thing if more than a handful of us Argyle fans can fill a photo or two in this way.

But please - no jester hats.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:54 am

If that's not your style...

I know a cravat would go down well too....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:16 pm

The meeting pub for Saturday is The Three Fishes on Fish Street, SY1 1UR.

See you there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:58 am

It was a very special day and I'd like to think that we paid an appropriate tribute to a very special person.

I'd like to tip my hat to Pieface and a few others who may not have known Neil that well, but joined in as well. That meant a lot.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:25 am

His spirit made a difference to the performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day   Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day
Page 1 of 1