Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.

Go down 
+9
All the Presidents Men
Czarcasm
AstiSpumante
Josh Pope
womble
Cornish Chris
Tringreen
swampy
Richard Blight
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Some of you may be members of this Facebook group. It has 3,500 members and is apparently an independent group. Some of you think the mods on other sites are bad, well this site is absolutely unbelievable. It's not a site I've used much but looked at occasionally. A few weeks ago they issued a warning to members that there was too much "moaning" going on after games had been lost. I think they called it "quick to criticise, slow to praise". They said persistent offenders would be banned which I couldn't believe. A friend found he couldn't get into the site and asked whether someone could check for him. It was found he was banned. They admitted they had banned 600 people! Yes, that is 600!!!!. He was reinstated when someone complained for him.

This morning a warning was given to all members that there was to be no more talk about Sheridan. Whether he was good / bad, tactically inept, who might take over etc. etc. They thought it was pointless until the end of the season. Any members continuing to talk about Sheridan would be banned!! Basically everybody has to get behind the team, negative posts will not be tolerated.

A few fans made some comments about this including myself and one or two other well known fans. Comments about freedom of speech, the fact football fans will discuss all things to do with football, including the performance of managers etc. Trying to stop fans from discussing what is perceived to be negative subjects, is North Korean in the extreme. A while after making a second post I found I was blocked / banned. Another poster who had made comments asked why and was promptly banned as well. Another poster then asked to be banned in disgust. Later this afternoon another well known fan asked how many they had now banned. He was also promptly banned. Several other fans have told us they have deleted their memberships in disgust. A couple have asked their Facebook friends to either delete their memberships or get themselves banned.

At no stage did any of the posters in question ( including me) mention anything to do with the club at all. All that was criticised was the draconian way in which this site is run and the fact that they are banning any poster that dares to make even small criticisms of the club, players or management. On behalf of all posters who have been banned and for the sake of freedom of speech, I'm asking that people boycott this site. This site is a disgrace to all forums. You won't find any of the comments criticising their site either, they have all been removed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 pm

I believe Tring knows this group well if its the same one he used in the past to bait bears.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 pm

A new Facebook site has been set up tonight called Plymouth Argyle Free Chat. It will run on Facebook rules, is open to everybody and you are free to discuss all things to do with PAFC without fear of being banned. Unless you break Facebook rules.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 pm

From what I've been hearing tonight, there have been more people banned because they refused to be silenced.

To be fair it has given people a lot of amusement today. A couple of people have had me crying laughing. This group doesn't seem to realise they've made themselves a laughing stock among many fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Wonder who they are?
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Yes I wonder. Just had a quick gander at the other site. That pompous, jumped up, know it all prick Ollieargyle really does my head in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:26 am

do these people really think by blocking and deleting fans opinions on social media sites is going to silence them and make the issues go away?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 am

Angry wrote:
I believe Tring knows this group well if its the same one he used in the past to bait bears.

No bear baiting. I was banned as soon as I joined. Orders from on high I believe...................and directors' box freebie was in the post. laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:44 am

swampy wrote:
Yes I wonder. Just had a quick gander at the other site. That pompous, jumped up, know it all prick Ollieargyle really does my head in.

GreenArmy1984 geezer is up there in the annoying stakes - not sure if he's on there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 am

nope, he's not on there YET
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:28 am

alannotivvy wrote:
nope, he's not on there YET

Cheers Al
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 am

All part of Brent's department of truth and information.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 am

I'm not sure if there is some confusion here but I'm not talking about the Official Argyle Facebook group. This is the Unofficial group. I can't provide a link as I ( along with at least 600 others) can no longer see the page.

The mod who put out the ridiculous and laughable order that fans WILL NOT debate Sheridan in/ out until the end of the season was a Tom Bowden. They did have a membership of 3500 odd but people are leaving. If you are members I suggest you ask why free speech on this site is banned and add yourselves to the "banished".

Apologies to the official site if there has been any confusion.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Some of you may be members of this Facebook group. It has 3,500 members and is apparently an independent group. Some of you think the mods on other sites are bad, well this site is absolutely unbelievable. It's not a site I've used much but looked at occasionally. A few weeks ago they issued a warning to members that there was too much "moaning" going on after games had been lost. I think they called it "quick to criticise, slow to praise". They said persistent offenders would be banned which I couldn't believe. A friend found he couldn't get into the site and asked whether someone could check for him. It was found he was banned. They admitted they had banned 600 people! Yes, that is 600!!!!. He was reinstated when someone complained for him.

This morning a warning was given to all members that there was to be no more talk about Sheridan. Whether he was good / bad, tactically inept, who might take over etc. etc. They thought it was pointless until the end of the season. Any members continuing to talk about Sheridan would be banned!! Basically everybody has to get behind the team, negative posts will not be tolerated.

A few fans made some comments about this including myself and one or two other well known fans. Comments about freedom of speech, the fact football fans will discuss all things to do with football, including the performance of managers etc. Trying to stop fans from discussing what is perceived to be negative subjects, is North Korean in the extreme. A while after making a second post I found I was blocked / banned. Another poster who had made comments asked why and was promptly banned as well. Another poster then asked to be banned in disgust. Later this afternoon another well known fan asked how many they had now banned. He was also promptly banned. Several other fans have told us they have deleted their memberships in disgust. A couple have asked their Facebook friends to either delete their memberships or get themselves banned.  

At no stage did any of the posters in question ( including me) mention anything to do with the club at all. All that was criticised was the draconian way in which this site is run and the fact that they are banning any poster that dares to make even small criticisms of the club, players or management. On behalf of all posters who have been banned and for the sake of freedom of speech, I'm asking that people boycott this site. This site is a disgrace to all forums. You won't find any of the comments criticising their site either, they have all been removed.

Richard, I've been banned was banned from that group too.  I made two comments: the first was that I support Sheridan, but that it seems harsh to forbid anyone from putting the opposite point of view.  The second comment a bit later on was to reply to one of the admins, who said that people were moaning because of "the whole freedom of speech thing". I said that it was "a bit Pasoti" to start banning people for having the wrong point of view, but then added that I was fully behind Sheridan and the lads against Newport, and that I hoped that the floodlights would stay on this time.  And then I was banned.

Ah well...
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 am

It's a shame really - I had some really interesting chats with Andrew Chapman from GoS on that group. I'm sure he's not an admin though, he wouldn't get involved with something as petty as this.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:54 am

Must be run by the pasoti mods! Some people arent fit to be mods.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 am

I asked the mod if I could post regarding an AFT event coming up and they said the AFT are always welcome in their group.

About twenty minutes later that was it, I was out. Confused as anyone.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 am

Your reputation precedes you Josh. alien
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:47 am

I hardly ever read Pasoti any more (honestly; as opposed to people who 'never, ever read ATD') and I'd forgotten how much everyone hates everyone else. Also, I have to admire how well trained Ollie Argyle is, and how proud he is of his mod badge.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:07 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
It's a shame really - I had some really interesting chats with Andrew Chapman from GoS on that group.  I'm sure he's not an admin though, he wouldn't get involved with something as petty as this.
The admins seem to be mainly 40 plus well educated chappies plus a couple of younger ones and a woman.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 am

swampy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
It's a shame really - I had some really interesting chats with Andrew Chapman from GoS on that group.  I'm sure he's not an admin though, he wouldn't get involved with something as petty as this.
The admins seem to be mainly 40 plus well educated chappies plus a couple of younger ones and a woman.

A woman??!! WTF!!??
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:40 am

MRS Speccy?????
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:42 am

Where did it all go wrong ? there was no such thing as women on internet forums when I were a lad, FFS sort it out Sheridan !!!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
swampy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

A woman??!! WTF!!??
I know utterly shocking isn't it. She's based in Holland.
Also one is gay and is one black, for God's sake don't tell Frank Harper.(only joking of course)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:19 pm

swampy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
swampy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

A woman??!! WTF!!??
I know utterly shocking isn't it. She's based in Holland.
Also one is gay and is one black, for God's sake don't tell Frank Harper.(only joking of course)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.   Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group. Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle Unofficial Facebook Group.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next