HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bristol City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Bristol City   Bristol City EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Bristol City's annual accounts are now available online, showing a trading loss of £9.2m on the year ending May 31st 2014.

This was a significant reduction of 20 per cent (£11.5m) compared to the prior year. 

Sales for the year were £3.9m down as a result of relegation from the Sky Bet Championship to League One. 

The main component of this reduction was League distributions, which were down £3m on the prior year. 

Alongside this 38 per cent drop in sales was a reduction in operating costs of 29 per cent, including a salary reduction of £5.5m. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City   Bristol City EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:41 am

A big loss foreshore but nice to see them being so transparent with their finances. Thanks to Brent's endless obfuscation none of us have a scooby of the situation at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City   Bristol City EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:56 am

FY 310 wrote:
A big loss foreshore but nice to see them being so transparent with their finances. Thanks to Brent's endless obfuscation none of us have a scooby of the situation at Argyle.

Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City   Bristol City EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:39 am

I wonder where they'd be without Landsdown's readies.

Have to say that Cotterill has done a cracking job with the Turnips though. I don't think anybody saw that coming. If it wasn't for him they'd be keeping us company in the Grateful League.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City   Bristol City EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:02 am

They've been very lucky to land Lansdowne as an owner. He's pumped many millions - I hate to think how many - into the club over the years.

Outside of Chelsea and Man City there can be very few clubs that have enjoyed such largesse.

He's either a saint or an idiot. Either way it has cost him a lot of money.

Part of me wants to acclaim him for being so generous towards his club but another part of me sees it cheating because they gain an unfair advantage by being able to pretty much ignore any sort of sensible business logic.

Still it's his money and if he wants to squander it in such a fashion then it's up to him, I suppose.

I can't help but feel that fundamentally this approach is not the solution but the problem writ large.

Not that Bristol City fans give a hoot about that right now. They'll just enjoy celebrating the wins as they come just like any other set of fans would.

Maybe a closer parallel to us might be Preston just behind them given their recent administration and association with Ridsdale... How are they managing to afford players like Paul Gallagher and SEB? What has happened to them?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

Bristol City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City   Bristol City Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol City
Page 1 of 1