Czarcasm
VillageGreen
Elias
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Bristol city to spend £6m ! Empty
PostSubject: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 am

Absolute maddness !
Waiving right to % of bolalsies transfer fee too......
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 2:09 pm

It is madness.

Perhaps one day, they will be in severe financial trouble due to so much spending. We have seen it with ourselves, Luton Town, Portsmouth. No club is immune to a cash crash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Zackly, look at Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Luckily for City, if ever a club could be anywhere close to being classed as immune, it is them. Owned by Steve Lansdown who is worth a few hundred million and quite happy to sink many of those millions into the club he truly loves.

Jealous? You bet.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Luckily for City, if ever a club could be anywhere close to being classed as immune, it is them. Owned by Steve Lansdown who is worth a few hundred million and quite happy to sink many of those millions into the club he truly loves.

Jealous? You bet.  

He is worth a few quid, I grant you that.

I thought he was toning down his input into the club, I am sure I read or heard that somewhere, sometime ago.

I hate Bristol City as a club and team, they always seem to do better than Argyle do and that annoys me a great deal. Argyle should be on par with the likes of the Robins, but they are not. Not even close.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 pm

We have been on a par and even above them, league and attendance wise in the not too distant past, longterm though I'd have to agree with you and they're definitely in a purple patch at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:47 am

Given their resources and the fact that they're based in a big city, they should be Premier League for sure.

Does make you wonder what would happen if Lansdown packs his bags though.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:01 am

Bristol City and Bristol Rugby are owned by Bristol Sport Ltd.....it's not just Lansdown anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:32 pm

zyph wrote:
Bristol City and Bristol Rugby are owned by Bristol Sport Ltd.....it's not just Lansdown anymore.

Yes it is, Bristol Sport are 90% owned by Pula Sport which in turn is a shell company registered on Guernsey majority owned by Steve Lansdown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 pm

I remember a Bristol City fan telling me they were in £60m debt and heading for imminent doom, because their chairman wasn't bankrolling it anymore.

Then they went down, a usual sign of doom...then suddenly signed a lot of good players on ridiculous money (Kieran Agard apparently turned down a £18k a week offer from Leeds to sign for BCFC, Aaron Wilbraham signed for them straight after leaving Palace in the Prem) and I don't really know what happened in between.... from panic and being up shit creek etc., to promotion and silverware, and living like high rollers.

Last edited by ejh on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:09 pm

The bottom line with BCFC is that Lansdown will eventually get them to the Prem, and he will never see any harm come to them financially.

Like I said, oh for an owner who loves his club as much as he does.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The bottom line with BCFC is that Lansdown will eventually get them to the Prem, and he will never see any harm come to them financially.

We have one of the biggest guys financially in the Country on our doorsteps but he's never shown any interest in Argyle sadly
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I doubt that Argyle will get an owner who cares and wants success anytime soon. With Brent at the helm, it looks like it is L2 for the foreseeable future, with the odd flirtation among the promotion or PO spots in the division.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:20 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

We have one of the biggest guys financially in the Country on our doorsteps but he's never shown any interest in Argyle sadly

That is a shame, but the guy is sincere in his not wanting anything to do with Argyle.

The best we can ever hope for is foreign investors or someone like 'Harry and co'. Both seem extremely distant and very far off.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That is a shame, but the guy is sincere in his not wanting anything to do with Argyle.

The best we can ever hope for is foreign investors or someone like 'Harry and co'. Both seem extremely distant and very far off.

Foreshore, particularly the foreign ones.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
zyph wrote:

Yes it is, Bristol Sport are 90% owned by Pula Sport which in turn is a shell company registered on Guernsey majority owned by Steve Lansdown.

Oh, so he's a tax-evader financially creative too. Another reason to dislike BCFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:21 pm

If the rich had to pay tax they wouldn't be able to buy football clubs and we'd all be worse off, anyway I'm sure the wealth of BCFC will trickle down to Argyle its the way that business works don't you know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol city to spend £6m !   Bristol city to spend £6m ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol city to spend £6m !
Page 1 of 1