Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Sheridan quote 

I'm trying to bring a couple in to make us stronger for the final month

Sheridan quoted on Twitter, is wanting to bring in a couple of players similar to Drew Talbot
and someone with a bit of pace to disturb opposition
Back to top Go down

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:09 pm

If he brings them in i trust he will have the sense to include no recall clauses and it can be extended for playoffs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Tbf to him, I'm pretty sure if he could have negotiated that last time, he would have. When you're begging for players from other clubs, sadly your bargaining position is piss weak.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Wouldn't get too excited or expect much. The best players available for loans will have been snapped up by now. We got desperate last season and brought in Enoch Showumni... I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Angry wrote:
If he brings them in i trust he will have the sense to include no recall clauses and it can be extended for playoffs

Agree
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:16 pm

One could be Lavery, SW has signed a Southampton player on loan for rest of season, (only dreaming)
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Yeah Lavery was doing well in League 1 so guess he'll be going back there somewhere.

We'll get some old has been reject or a young player who's played pitifully few games - that's all there is left at this stage.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 pm

There must be 1000's of players out there who could do a job in this league, players in other clubs reserves or free agents, it's just getting out there to find them, having a scouting network and good contacts.
I remember Luggys first spell with us, he was always going to midweek games and other clubs reserve games looking for players.
The trouble is we have a part time manager who I don't think spends enough time with the first team let alone hunting for talent.
If he wants to spend time with his family that's fine but he should not have taken a job so far away from home and the board should not have employed him under those circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:44 pm

steveinspain wrote:
There must be 1000's of players out there who could do a job in this league, players in other clubs reserves or free agents, it's just getting out there to find them, having a scouting network and good contacts.
I remember Luggys first spell with us, he was always going to midweek games and other clubs reserve games looking for players.
The trouble is we have a part time manager who I don't think spends enough time with the first team let alone hunting for talent.
If he wants to spend time with his family that's fine but he should not have taken a job so far away from home and the board should not have employed him under those circumstances.  
For all that, most of the good players we signed he already knew from Scotland. Plus Shezza's Yorkshire home is probably within an hour's drive of about 30 clubs, so it's not like being based there is a bad thing from a scouting POV..?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:39 pm

More loan signing

On-loan midfielder Olly Lee would not be able to play for Argyle in the play-offs should they make it that far

Sheridan has until 5pm on Thursday, March 26 – the deadline for emergency loan signings – to complete any deals.

After that point, Football League clubs will not be permitted to make any further additions to their squads.

Sheridan has been given the go-ahead by two clubs to sign players on loan and he is now waiting on word from the individuals concerned

The Pilgrims' boss believes he might not get any answers until next week, so he is set to have an unchanged squad for the visit of League Two play-off rivals Newport County to Home Park on Saturday (3pm).

Argyle lost the services of the versatile Drew Talbot on Monday, when he was recalled from his loan spell by League One outfit Chesterfield.

Talbot played the whole game for the Spireites the following night when they won 3-0 at home to Gillingham.

Sheridan also confirmed midfielder Olly Lee's loan spell at Argyle from Birmingham City would not extend into the play-offs should they make it that far.

So Sheridan wants to make sure the squad is strong enough for the final nine league games, and possibly three more matches after that.

He did not name the two players he was trying to bring to Home Park on loan but revealed what qualities he was looking to add to his squad.

Sheridan said: "I want someone similar to Drew, who can play on the right-side and midfield.

"And I think we need someone with a bit of pace in our team who is going to disturb the opposition. I feel we have been lacking that a little bit.

"Saying that, Jason Banton came on the other night (in the 2-0 defeat away to Dagenham and Redbridge) and looked okay again.

"Attacking wise, we haven't created enough. We need to do a lot better possession-wise and create opportunities to score goals."

He said: "The clubs have agreed and I have agreed, and the decision is down to the two players now.

"I would like to get them both involved for Saturday, but that might be too soon.

"I think it's important I get a couple of players in, just to cover us now for the next two months."

Argyle were challenging for a play-off place this time last season but picked up only six points from their final nine fixtures and ended up in 10th position.

The Pilgrims have a very different team now, compared to then, and Sheridan is confident they will finish the campaign strongly.

He said: "I think we are a lot stronger than last season, and I still think we will get in the play-offs. I really do.

"We have probably got to win five games. We have got a great opportunity of getting in the play-offs and I have told them (the players) not to let it go.

"They should want to, if we can, get to Wembley and want to, if we can, get out of this division, because they might not get a better opportunity.

"That's all I have got to keep telling them – starting on Saturday."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

New Loanee? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Loanee?   New Loanee? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

have said 'No' already but confident of getting another two in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Loanee? Empty