HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ashley Barnes v Matic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ashley Barnes v Matic Empty
PostSubject: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:52 pm

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A319540B741180956264344268800_397af1a8db6.1.5.13092978934050043219.mp4?versionId=Es1Mm.qVAK.nk6Bx8nV4pMOp4hOs0ebM
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Thought he was very restrained, I take it he got sent off?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Matic was; Barnes wasn't even carded.

I'm not sure who got the free kick.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:50 pm

He's lucky, stupid tackle though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Horrid challenge, surprised I was not. Barnes studded Ivanovic in another incident. The nasty toerag will get the reputation he deserves in no time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 pm

ejh wrote:
Horrid challenge, surprised I was not. Barnes studded Ivanovic in another incident. The nasty toerag will get the reputation he deserves in no time.

I still remember when he gave the old 'up yours' to the devonport after he scored and then tried to deny it.

What a wanker
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 pm

It's weird, he's always seemed lovely outside of football.

Put him on the pitch though and he's a right little toerag..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
ejh wrote:

I still remember when he gave the old 'up yours' to the devonport after he scored and then tried to deny it.

What a wanker

A total cvnt he was.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:50 am

Barnes' challenge on Matic was a shocker. But was it any worse than Bentley's two footed lunge against Oxford. Both potential leg breakers.

Barnes is quite clearly an aggressive forward and is a throwback to the seventies. Ability wise Barnes is limited as opposed to Ruebin Reid. And yet one plays in the Premiership and one is happy to coast along in the bottom league.

Funny old game.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:14 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Barnes' challenge on Matic was a shocker. But was it any worse than Bentley's two footed lunge against Oxford. Both potential leg breakers.

Barnes is quite clearly an aggressive forward and is a throwback to the seventies. Ability wise Barnes is limited as opposed to Ruebin Reid. And yet one plays in the Premiership and one is happy to coast along in the bottom league.

Funny old game.

Really good point there Rollo.  I honestly wouldn't say Ashley Barnes is a better player than RR. And he certainly ain't four leagues and about 10 grand a week better!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Unbelievably the FA are not taking any action against Barnes-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31590728
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Not a lot they can do if the incident was seen, if the ref knew what was going on then they wont do anything. Retrospective action is a deterrent for off the ball incidents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Who would have thought when we sold Barnes for £250k, when he was a third rate striker clearly not good enough for Championship football (a deal I personally thought was laughably overpriced!), that a few years on Jose Mourinho would be launching a campaign against his conduct in the media.

I remember seeing a youth team game where a tall blonde striker called Jarrod Stevens scored a hat trick and looked the standout player, whereas Barnes look useless (just checked - the game in question was the fifth round of the youth FA Cup in 2008 versus Birmingham City). That whole season at U18 level, Stevens scored well, Barnes struggled. I can remember being staggered Stevens was released and Barnes was retained.

I think Jarrod Stevens finished playing football after tumbling into the south west standard football - the kind of level where the players pay is £30 per game with unlimited sandwiches and 3 pints of beer. Ashley Barnes is now a starting Premier League striker. Either that shows a) how little I know about football b) how fine the margins really are between a failed apprentice and a potential Premier League star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Or was Stevens released due to this?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Ex-Argyle-star-broke-man-s-jaw/story-12689762-detail/story.html

I can't remember. But he was better than Barnes aged 18, that much was apparent to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:15 pm

ejh wrote:
Who would have thought when we sold Barnes for £250k, when he was a third rate striker clearly not good enough for Championship football (a deal I personally thought was laughably overpriced!), that a few years on Jose Mourinho would be launching a campaign against his conduct in the media.

I remember seeing a youth team game where a tall blonde striker called Jarrod Stevens scored a hat trick and looked the standout player, whereas Barnes look useless (just checked - the game in question was the fifth round of the youth FA Cup in 2008 versus Birmingham City). That whole season at U18 level, Stevens scored well, Barnes struggled. I can remember being staggered Stevens was released and Barnes was retained.

I think Jarrod Stevens finished playing football after tumbling into the south west standard football - the kind of level where the players pay is £30 per game with unlimited sandwiches and 3 pints of beer. Ashley Barnes is now a starting Premier League striker. Either that shows a) how little I know about football b) how fine the margins really are between a failed apprentice and a potential Premier League star.

Deffo a) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes v Matic   Ashley Barnes v Matic Empty

Back to top Go down

Ashley Barnes v Matic
Page 1 of 1