Ashley Barnes sell on fee

Go down 
+2
Elias
GreenSam
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Ashley Barnes sell on fee Empty
PostSubject: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:50 pm

This article quotes the fees being bid by Burnley and Leeds as being in excess of £750k. So probably, more like a £1m deal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When we sold Barnes, we were Championship and Brighton were League One. It is almost certain a sell on clause would have been inserted, as the done thing with young players moving on.

I think there is a good chance £100k or more will be coming to Argyle as a result of this transfer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

I don’t think we will get anything – we were desperate for cash upfront at the time of the sale, so I doubt we have a sell on clause.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Womble wrote:
I don’t think we will get anything – we were desperate for cash upfront at the time of the sale, so I doubt we have a sell on clause.
Unlike the sales of Noone/BWP/Mason etc this sale was made long before the worst of the financial crisis began to hit. It certainly wasn't in the public domain how bad things were at that time and we were still signing players and buying pitches in the Summer of 2010 when Barnes left us. It wasn't a mad dash for cash like it was a year later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 pm

I believe there was a percentage in the deal but how much i dont know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Womble wrote:

We got £250k up front for a kid with no experience but a handful of less important cup run outs.

I can remember spitting coffee out when I read the news - Where did they get that estimation of him from?

I don't think we needed to sell him at the time. £250k was a nice sum of money, but it is standard to insert a sell on clause for young departees. It is the least you expect after developing and nurturing a player, and paying his wages for three years (with not much in return).

Even that shower of shite Exeter had the sense to put a clause in on Mackie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Would the fact that Argyle is now a different company than when we sold him have a bearing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Iggy wrote:
Would the fact that Argyle is now a different company than when we sold him have a bearing?

Bloody hell. Good point.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:08 am

we'll be lucky to see 35k from the sell on clause
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 am

Elias wrote:
we'll be lucky to see 35k from the sell on clause
better then nothing
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 am

I wonder if during admin Brighton negotiated any clauses out of that arrangement.

"ere Ridsdale, here's £2k towards your consultancy fees. "
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Signing confirmed with Burnley for an undisclosed fee-

I thought he was older than 24!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Read into this what you will:

"Barnes cost us £125k "

"£750k + addons."

"Barnes was on 5k a week. Brighton offered a new contract with a pay rise of £500 (so would put him on 5.5k). Barnes was expecting/hoping nearer 10k. Club and player couldn't come to any kind of arrangement at all, and Brighton did not want to lose him for nothing in the summer, so said if a decent offer came in they'd let Barnes talk. Obviously Burnley have offered a contract nearer the 10k mark!"

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 am

Rumoured in our local paper that Bournemouth were preparing a bid of £2 million for Joe Mason  Shocked 

Mason to Bournemouth or Bolton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Rumoured in our local paper that Bournemouth were preparing a bid of £2 million for Joe Mason  Shocked 

Mason to Bournemouth or Bolton

Ill save everyone the time in asking

No we wont get a penny for him thanks to Risdale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashley Barnes sell on fee   Ashley Barnes sell on fee Empty

Back to top Go down

Ashley Barnes sell on fee
Page 1 of 1