Greenskin
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:23 am

Embarassed Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 am

England are atrocious at this form of the game and will need to improve by about 300% if a similar dicking is not to be received against New Zealand. Can't see anyone outside of Australia or NZ winning this tournament.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:34 am

Don't write off MY boys Very Happy (glory hunter) just yet Skinny, after Zim took the big boys (Amla, De Villiers and Du Plessis) cheaply this morning both Miller and Duminy came along with unbeaten tons.
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:54 am

Greenskin wrote:
England are atrocious at this form of the game and will need to improve by about 300% if a similar dicking is not to be received against New Zealand. Can't see anyone outside of Australia or NZ winning this tournament.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:19 pm

West Indies hammered by Ireland. It's happened before...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...apparently the Windies were severely pissed after a night on the Guinness before this one though.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Since cricket moved from ball by ball coverage of Test Match Special on BBC2.....and become less available to the ordinary viewer (without paying for the privilege)....it is slowly dropping off the radar.

Whilst doing my National Service in Aden I was very involved with league and zonal representative cricket and was short listed for a tour of East Africa.....but these days I very rarely see any cricket on the telly.....and my interest is waning.....what about those who had less involvement than I used to have ?.......out of sight....out of interest.....that is why we are becoming the laughing stock of world cricket.......that's another reason I'm anti-Sky and would never have it.

I expect we'll lose the Six-Nations to them one day and then that will be good-bye Rugby.
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:26 pm

zyph wrote:
Since cricket moved from ball by ball coverage of Test Match Special on BBC2.....and become less available to the ordinary viewer (without paying for the privilege)....it is slowly dropping off the radar.

Whilst doing my National Service in Aden I was very involved with league and zonal representative cricket and was short listed for a tour of East Africa.....but these days I very rarely see any cricket on the telly.....and my interest is waning.....what about those who had less involvement than I used to have ?.......out of sight....out of interest.....that is why we are becoming the laughing stock of world cricket.......that's another reason I'm anti-Sky and would never have it.

I expect we'll lose the Six-Nations to them one day and then that will be good-bye Rugby.

i believe 6 nations along with Wimbledon, boat race and i believe the uk open of golf and world championship of snooker are landlocked and cant be bought by sky/bt sports or anyother. Only bbc/itv/channel 4 and five can show them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

i believe 6 nations along with Wimbledon, boat race and i believe the uk open of golf and world championship of snooker are landlocked and cant be bought by sky/bt sports or anyother. Only bbc/itv/channel 4 and five can show them.

The Open has just been hived off to Sky from 2017 onwards, BBC has only a two hour highlights programme from then. It's certainly a very arguable point about whether or not the selling of coverage to subscription TV has caused interest in the sports to dwindle and subsequently hit participation levels-both sports have declined in player numbers in the past few years, alarmingly so in the case of cricket. Lee Westwood doesn't think much of it anyway;

Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
zyph wrote:

The Open has just been hived off to Sky from 2017 onwards, BBC has only a two hour highlights programme from then. It's certainly a very arguable point about whether or not the selling of coverage to subscription TV has caused interest in the sports to dwindle and subsequently hit participation levels-both sports have declined in player numbers in the past few years, alarmingly so in the case of cricket. Lee Westwood doesn't think much of it anyway;

i care not for Golf but it kind of shits on my earlier commennt about the protected sporting events if the rules can be broken to sell the golf coverage. I guess Zyph bt sports will nick the 6 nations before too long.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

zyph wrote:

1000000% zyph. 9m watched the Ashes in 2005; 1.2m watched in 2013. Why would kids get into the sport? Out of sight, out of mind. Compare that to the Big Bash and Australian Tests being shown on free to air TV over there, selling out 50k seats for domestic semi finals. If they can do it, why can't we? Even football retains some free to air matches, be it the FA Cup, England games, whatever.

Although I don't know if the reason our best 11 cricketers are pretty shite can be attributed to solely that, to be fair. I think the chronic mismanagement of cricket in the UK is worse than any other sport I can think of, and they've got more cash than ever before (cash which makes the ECB the MAIN objector to cricket returning to it's 'crown jewel' status), but they just squander all the advantages we have in a cacophony of utter bullshit. Name one advantage Sri Lanka have over England, for example. We've beaten them just ONCE in the last SIX series across all formats that we've played!

Still, could be worse - we could be the West Indies. Usually I'm all over an upset like this, especially when it comes in the face of the ICC shrinking of the World Cup in 2019 to just 10 teams (pull up the drawbridge, boys, the treasure is ours). However it is just plain sad to see the West Indies looking so...feckin feeble.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
zyph

zyph

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Big money will win eventually.......football is only available because there is so much of it.....we live on Premiership highlights.......you have a better chance of watching top sporting events if you live outside the UK.
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:14 pm

When will the ICC give in and start issuing test statuses to some new nations? Ireland in particular should be imo they couldnt be any worse than Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Whoever wants to play Tests, should. There should be Test matches, not Test playing nations.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Whoever wants to play Tests, should. There should be Test matches, not Test playing nations.

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:45 am

Only problem with that is far too often you'd get matches with no play on days 5 and even probably 4, due to the landslide nature of victory for summat like Australia v The Netherlands.
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Only problem with that is far too often you'd get matches with no play on days 5 and even probably 4, due to the landslide nature of victory for summat like Australia v The Netherlands.

No different from playing Bangladesh really.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:56 am

Well I hope none of you good folk missed out on any sleep to watch that embarrassing humiliation. Just laughable to watch.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:11 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Well I hope none of you good folk missed out on any sleep to watch that embarrassing humiliation. Just laughable to watch.

In a nutshell Charlie.NZ are a very good side with a captain who leads completely from the front and you can't look outside of them and the Aussies for the tournament winners. England are shambolic, KP must be pissing up his proverbial kilt.
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

In a nutshell Charlie.NZ are a very good side with a captain who leads completely from the front and you can't look outside of them and the Aussies for the tournament winners. England are shambolic, KP must be pissing up his proverbial kilt.

Didnt the ecb have the Ashes series cycle change around to suit their future world cup chances.... working a treat so far lol
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Didnt the ecb have the Ashes series cycle change around to suit their future world cup chances.... working a treat so far lol

They did. England always seem to be so formulaic in comparison to the other teams-can anyone honestly see an England player consistently batting like Finch, Warner, McCullum, Kohli, Gayle, De Villiers etc? Whether the problem is one of talent or attitude i'm not really sure but unless something is sorted very quickly, then England may not even get out of the group-Bangladesh will have been watching England's troubles with some interest. Rather watch Ireland-much more vibrant and unspoiled team.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:12 am

West Indies destroy Pakistan with a perfect 50 over performance. Rather typical WI these days, you never know what's coming next which I guess makes them a dangerous side. Maybe England can produce a similar come back performance, can't really see it at the moment though. They should beat Scotland of course........
Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:19 pm

If the unthinkable happens and we lose to Scotland tomorrow what do we do?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Take up Croquet
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:27 am

pepsipete wrote:
Take up Croquet

........or Curling.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 am

Gayle comes to the party.215 in a world record ODI partnership for any wicket of 372 with Samuels against the Zimbo's, not the strongest attack in world cricket but some achievement none the less. Can't really imagine an England player doing something similar, hope i'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cricket World Cup   Cricket World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Cricket World Cup
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next