Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?

Go down 
+27
jabba the gut ecfc
Jethro
green_genie
Sir Francis Drake
RWW
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
PlymptonPilgrim
X Isle
PatDunne
Rickler
tigertony
Dougie
swampy
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
pilgrimfather
Dick Trickle
Mock Cuncher
zyph
akagreengull
Josh Pope
Elias
argyl3
Coxside_Green
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:10 pm

X Isle wrote:
Iggy wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Hypothetically of course (because it was in the Daily Star and doesn't specifically relate to us anyway) but wouldn't you want to know a wee bit more about the consortium before nailing your colours to their mast?

Or is it 'anyone but James Brent'?

Yep, learnt that from watching your embarrassing proclamation of honesty, integrity and morality when you heralded Brent as your 2nd coming. Razz

See signature.

are you incapable of answering a easy enough question from iggy without that cop out because he happens to be right....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

X Isle wrote:
Hypothetically of course (because it was in the Daily Star and doesn't specifically relate to us anyway) but wouldn't you want to know a wee bit more about the consortium before nailing your colours to their mast?

Yes red card
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
X Isle wrote:
But it wouldn't just be him would it. True football man?, a good manager granted but he comes with plenty of historical 'off field baggage'. Suroy had far more impeccable football credentials and look how that worked out. Besides an assumption is being made that he'd have a footballing input, but he'd be an investor first and foremost, and one with a less than glorious track record at that.    

What if the others were a murky faceless foreign based consortium?

What if it were a consortium including someone like 'The Goldstone killer' Bill Archer?

And before you say , "what if's" are meaningless, firstly they're not and secondly this whole thing is meaningless as it stands, it's all completely hypothetical anyway.  

Bottom line is one needs to look at what is putting one's Johnson in before jumping into bed with the first willing partner that shows some interest.
Is it that you, and your fellow Brentnosers are scared of success? Argyle under the clueless brent are under achieving on a grand scale there is no future with Brent and his disciples, i for one and prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder in the trenches with Arry and not listen to you Shouty Surrender Monkeys who want to keep Argyle small and Village.

You wouldn't need to. If, after proper scrutiny, the deal was more promising than JB, I'd be 'over the top' just as quick as you. It's never has been "no-one but Brent" for me, it is I suspect "anyone but Brent" for you.

Given options i'll go with the best deal for Argyle every day.

But none of this actually exists so the status quo* remains, no options.

*yeah yeah, 'down down deeper and down', very good Laughing
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Angry wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Iggy wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Yep, learnt that from watching your embarrassing proclamation of honesty, integrity and morality when you heralded Brent as your 2nd coming. Razz

See signature.

are you incapable of answering a easy enough question from iggy without that cop out because he happens to be right....

In order to answer a question, you first need to be asked a question, and an unloaded one at that.

Iggy didn't ask a question, he made a statement, gave an opinion. He's entitled to do that.

My statement, my opinion was given in response. Equally, I'm entitled to do that.

You say 'cop out', I say a necessary means to prevent me having to continually repeat myself and bore the arse off you all in the process. That is my opinion, you should all know it by now, so maybe instead of continually bringing it up you guys could just agree to disagree on it. That you don't is why you keep seeing "see signature".

Anyhoots, said my bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
Where does anyone say "Brent in, Brent in.."

Just make shit up, why don't you Tony?

Actually take the better option.  Just shut the feck up.

I think Tony's referring to some previous posts where mention is made to sticking to what we have rather than having Arry here and the walking reference is probably linked to the Riddler who just happened to be on a walking holiday and pitched up at Argyle and we all went apoplectic, not hard to work it out really -- if you actually think about it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I think Tony's referring to some previous posts where mention is made to sticking to what we have rather than having Arry here and the walking reference is probably linked to the Riddler who just happened to be on a walking holiday and pitched up at Argyle and we all went apoplectic, not hard to work it out really -- if you actually think about it.

Must admit that after re-reading the posts, i still can't work out the connection with Ridsdale. All a bit too Ted Rogers 3-2-1 for my little frontal lobe i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I did think about it.  For like a second.

I have now thought about it for five seconds.

It's even bigger drivel.

It's  TT's effort at trying to be 'Sensible'.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 pm

redknapp, whilst having good contacts in the game would be a disaster.
hes spends far too much money. we need an owner with vision and a manager who his tactically astute & have the personality to get the club moving forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Elias wrote:
redknapp, whilst having good contacts in the game would be a disaster.
hes spends far too much money. we need an owner with vision and a manager who his tactically astute & have the personality to get the club moving forward.

Harry only spent what the chairman approved, so not really his fault, bit like our lot really, for example Sturrock wanted Mpenza, it's up to the CE to agree the salary or tell him to bog off
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I did think about it.  For like a second.

I have now thought about it for five seconds.

It's even bigger drivel.

It's  TT's effort at trying to be 'Sensible'.

I defo do not ever do sensible - ever!!
Anyhow - I went for a walk along the coast path and didn't see 'arry but .... met some guy called Rustler or maybe Hustler who said 'arry had a holiday home near Wembury so off I went. Nice guy 'arry ..... seemed pleased when I mentioned Argo!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laugh

Back to top Go down
RWW

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 pm

I think the Daily Star are getting carried away.

There are a group of people interested in purchasing PAFC.  They know nothing of Harry's interest and he may be part of a separate group scanning the South Coast or the Daily Star is doing 2+2 and getting 5.

This group of people are incredibly professional and don't want to raise expectations by making announcements until they have something concrete - they don't want to let fans down with possibilities. They were interested when Mr Brent assumed control but were pushed out by some who should have known better.

The problem now is that the price has changed.  The group are happy to meet the initial valuation. 

2.5 million was the asking price.  It is now 3.25 million as 2.5 million was the price when no-one was interested...

They are passionate about Argyle but won't tolerate being taken for fools....

The next 6 months will be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

RWW wrote:

There are a group of people interested in purchasing PAFC.  They know nothing of Harry's interest and he may be part of a separate group scanning the South Coast or the Daily Star is doing 2+2 and getting 5.

This group of people are incredibly professional and don't want to raise expectations by making announcements until they have something concrete - they don't want to let fans down with possibilities. They were interested when Mr Brent assumed control but were pushed out by some who should have known better.

The problem now is that the price has changed.  The group are happy to meet the initial valuation. 

2.5 million was the asking price.  It is now 3.25 million as 2.5 million was the price when no-one was interested...

Coolio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 pm

RWW wrote:

I wonder what rate of inflation Brent used to wack on nearly £1M in the asking price!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 pm

RWW wrote:

If the figure quoted is true it confirms that JB is a greedy shyster who not only wants the money he's loaned the club back which is fair, but also expects to make a healthy profit too, fcuking beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Redknapp's popularity is something of a puzzle apart from winning the FA Cup (and bankrupting Pompey in the process) has he actually ever won anything in the 30-odd years he's been a manager?

I can't think of anything else.

Has he been promoted very often? Pompey and QPR spring to mind but nobody else does.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Redknapp's popularity is something of a puzzle apart from winning the FA Cup (and bankrupting Pompey in the process) has he actually ever won anything in the 30-odd years he's been a manager?

Has he been promoted very often? Pompey and QPR spring to mind but nobody else does.

Championship with pompey and a few other trophies intertoto thing with west ham but many dont count winning anything unless it the prem, europa,champions league , fa or league cup these days as any newcastle fan will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

He got Spurs into the champions league for the first time ever, think they reached the quarter final. They were very much in the cart when he took over, as were Pompey on the two occasions that he managed them and it can't be disputed that he oversaw vastly improved results. Bournemouth were promoted to the second tier for the first time under his management, relegated a couple of years later-he was involved in a very serious car crash in Italy around about that time in which he was badly injured and his mate killed. WHU were a pretty consistent premier league team under him, the only place that he didn't really do much was Southampton. Not a bad managerial career overall.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Not looking so Rosie now then !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:25 pm

We can only hope and pray for some-one like harry to come in save us from the puppet master and his local militia of dimwits, chimps, gimps and spanners.

All Hail Harry cheers
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm

X Isle wrote:
Doesn't matter if this is story has any truth behind it or not Angry. If/when ANY consortium or individual ACTUALLY comes forward they have to be looked into, they have to be a better option than what we've got.

Did anyone look very closely at James?

Longest directorship Oldway Mansions (stop sniggering at the back), two companies in Administration and his "successes" Akkeron Hotels net worth £-8,853,372 (as of 2012) , Salrock net worth £-479,403 (as of 2013).

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:58 am

I'm in anyone's better then Brent,

I live local Il bring harry down
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:06 am

X Isle wrote:

Iggy wrote:

X Isle wrote:
See signature risibly transparent attempt to rewrite history.

Edited for factuals. (Copyright Lord Tisdale and aliases, 2004)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:47 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Nothing wrong with 'Arry. In fact I won't hear a bad word said against that man and his lovely family. (Just wanted to get that in before KJN).

May be something to the consortium rumour. Not Harry though.

Suspect laugh
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 pm

green_genie wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Doesn't matter if this is story has any truth behind it or not Angry. If/when ANY consortium or individual ACTUALLY comes forward they have to be looked into, they have to be a better option than what we've got.

Did anyone look very closely at James?

Longest directorship Oldway Mansions (stop sniggering at the back), two companies in Administration and his "successes" Akkeron Hotels net worth £-8,853,372 (as of 2012) , Salrock net worth £-479,403 (as of 2013).

The reluctant one had already smoothed the council and as soon as the Windsor Boys looked him in the eyes, they knew he was a fine gentleman who would allow them to play with his train set.
Jimmy has a way with Janners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Iggy wrote:

X Isle wrote:
See signature risibly transparent attempt to rewrite history.

Edited for factuals. (Copyright Lord Tisdale and aliases, 2004)

cheers someone else likes baby candy too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next