Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?

Go down 
+27
jabba the gut ecfc
Jethro
green_genie
Sir Francis Drake
RWW
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
PlymptonPilgrim
X Isle
PatDunne
Rickler
tigertony
Dougie
swampy
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
pilgrimfather
Dick Trickle
Mock Cuncher
zyph
akagreengull
Josh Pope
Elias
argyl3
Coxside_Green
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? Empty
PostSubject: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 am

They don't appear to be aiming high but...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Daily star wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: Former QPR boss Harry Redknapp invited to buy football club

HARRY REDKNAPP has been invited to join a consortium who are aiming to buy a club on the south coast.

Starsport can reveal the group have been looking at a takeover at League Two Plymouth, Conference club Torquay and Southern Premier League side Poole.

Yeovil are thought to have already rejected an approach from the consortium, who are very keen to get Redknapp on board.

Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:04 am

Would that p*ss a lot of the farm off if Jimmy sold to Paul Buttivant?? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 am

We're asked where our alternative is, well here it feckin is!

Come on 'Arry.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 am

think i need a cold bath id rather have brent than redknapp Sulk
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

Elias wrote:

Yeah but they want Redknapp as part of the consortium, so it's not like he'd doing the head hunting. I imagine there's a bigger pot of money behind this but the South Coast is apparently an attractive option.

If it's even true, that is.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
They don't appear to be aiming high but...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Daily star wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: Former QPR boss Harry Redknapp invited to buy football club

HARRY REDKNAPP has been invited to join a consortium who are aiming to buy a club on the south coast.

Starsport can reveal the group have been looking at a takeover at League Two Plymouth, Conference club Torquay and Southern Premier League side Poole.

Yeovil are thought to have already rejected an approach from the consortium, who are very keen to get Redknapp on board.

If only!
As a fan I would support such a takeover, anything is better than this current spiralling malaise into long term mediocrity. bounce
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 am

Redknapp will surely become Director of Football at Bournemouth......at 67yrs old that would suit him now.....especially if he will be recuperating from a knee op......only 15 minutes away from his Sandbanks home.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 am

Elias wrote:
+1.

Dodgy 'Arry and his dodgy wheeler dealing, pfft no thanks.

Always comes out of nightmare situations with his paws clean. Unlike his dog.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:54 am

Are we sure we want our club run by a bloke who lists his dog as his accountant when submitting tax returns to HMRC?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 am

Agreed.

I would be surprised if Harry becomes Director of Football at Bournemouth. Eddie Howe seems to have a great relationship with the owner and frankly their ways of working are chalk and cheese. He's held in great esteem in Bournemouth and Poole mainly because he's the only celebrity in the area although of course he is a "legend" for guiding Bournemouth past Man United.

If they get promoted this year then Howe's achievements will far surpass anything Harry has done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 am

The sooner the stadium is protected by asset of community value or something similar the better. Yes I would welcome anybody other than Brent but imagine if Harry and his developers wanted to develop the clusterfuck and cluster off with their loot? They have the cash to do it (Harry's minted, proper minted.) I wonder how Porky would react to find out someone other than Brent was going to build an inadequate facility for Argo?
Ps. I mentioned Harry on the Shez out thread and how he is so unpopular with lots of people in Pompey 'cos of his property dealing, yes, this man is an actual property dealer but he does like the old mothballs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 am

I believe nothing written in the daily star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:01 am

zyph wrote:
Redknapp will surely become Director of Football at Bournemouth......at 67yrs old that would suit him now.....especially if he will be recuperating from a knee op......only 15 minutes away from his Sandbanks home.

Knee op. Razz lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:12 am

Recuperating from the bust up in the boardroom more like lol.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 am

Yea Man wrote:
We're asked where our alternative is, well here it feckin is!

Come on 'Arry.

1. It's from the Daily Star
2. It isn't true
3. It only mentioned Argyle and other clubs
4. It's from the Daily Star

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 am

Iv'e never read the Daily Star.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:35 am

It must be a slow news day at the Daily Star then.

Have they been shadowing a Herald journalist lately.

As much as i would like a consortium to sweep in and buy the club, i will take this story with a pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 am

We need to protect the stadium or this is the future FFS! Might not be this one but there will be another one if not, JB will happily pass the club on for his forty pieces of silver!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:48 am

VillageGreen wrote:

As much as i would like a consortium to sweep in and buy the club, i will take this story with a pinch of salt.

I highly doubt they have been shadowing them idiots, for one with the quick glance i had at the star in the canteen earlier (nice girl on page 3) they seem to be at a lost with big brother ending and apparently there is nothing else like the general election, isis growing, that plane crash in taiwan, rotherham, the new head of the child abuse scandal to report on.

Iggy is right that the stadium must be protected from property developers and crap ones like brent, The bigger fight is ensuring the clusterfuck never gets built.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 am

The vultures are circling the carcass!
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 am

I doubt it - there's no meat on the bones
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Orkwood T Watt wrote:
Iv'e never read the Daily Star.

Me neither. I just pray they don't chop the Daily Sport or I may have no other option.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I highly doubt they have been shadowing them idiots, for one with the quick glance i had at the star in the canteen earlier (nice girl on page 3) they seem to be at a lost with big brother ending and apparently there is nothing else like the general election, isis growing, that plane crash in taiwan, rotherham, the new head of the child abuse scandal to report on.

Iggy is right that the stadium must be protected from property developers and crap ones like brent, The bigger fight is ensuring the clusterfuck never gets built.

Thing is, if (and it's a humongous if) the stadium was developed properly it would be fantastic.

Sadly there are just too many chancers like Brent looking to make a fast buck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Maybe Harry wants a picture of him bleeding green bedecked in Argo scarf to go with all his other bleed, blue, claret and hoops piccies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Thing is, if (and it's a humongous if) the stadium was developed properly it would be fantastic.

Sadly there are just too many chancers like Brent looking to make a fast buck.

Stadium do correctly would be fantastic but all that crap brent wants alongside in his clusterfuck would Prevent it and make that area highly avoidable for many as its too cramped. If they did it all correctly and didnt try and fit squares into triangles ruining the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?   Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest? Empty

Back to top Go down

Consortium + Harry Rednapp, possible Argyle interest?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next