The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT Empty
PostSubject: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:12

Now I have just tried to access my hotmail e-mail account with my e-mail address and usual password, and at the sign in page there is the message that my account is locked due to putting in the incorrect password too many times. Somebody has tried to hack into my personal e-mails within the last hour and I will be contacting the Police. My e-mail address was posted on here yesterday, and anybody who is an administrator of this site or Pasoti would have access to my e-mail address from when I signed up. Whatever has happened today on this site and Pasoti had already gone too far, but this is far worse than anything else that has happened. I want the mods on this site to be aware that I will be contacting the Police so that IP addresses can be checked, and also I would like tis sites mods to contact the Pasoti mods as well, because they can only be a handful of people that would have been able to try this. My personal e-mails hacked into? ATD and PASOTI are f**king football forums and somebody involved in one of these sites has gone way way too far this time and when I have the information as to who's IP address was responsible for this hacking, I will be pressing charges unless the person responsible gives me a f**king good reason for this criminal act. I will wait one hour before calling the Police. Windows Live are already aware of the situation and unless I am contacted by the culprit within one hour, you will be facing criminal charges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:20

My hotmail account failed yesterday . I'm wondering if hotmail have a technical glitch . I've contacted them and given all my security details but their reply is it was not right . Strangely I can access it via my mobile but not my pc . Odd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:21

Whilst I'm not a mod I am sure that the mods on ATD would request that you contact the relevant authorities asap, but.....are you sure? Hotmail often lock accounts for the reason of spam and I am aware of three other accounts that have had this problem recently, it's not uncommon when using Hotmail. and there seems to be a purge at the moment.

I'm not aware of Hotmail locking accounts for failed attempts of guessing passwords, I've forgotten mine before and it's taken me dozens of attempts before I got it right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:27

The message on my sign in page was that the incorrect password had been entered too many times, and I have spoken to the Windows Live Team who have confirmed that an incorrect password had been entered. I have e-mailed the PASOTI mods as well and I will wait for one hour to see if anyone has any further information before I call the Police. The IP address used by the person who tried to access my account is traceable, and if I do not receive any information from whoever was responsible for this attempted hacking, I will report this to the Police and ask that criminal charges are brought against the site or person responsible. Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:35

Then you should contact the relevant authorities, if it isn't a spammer I'll be interested to hear the outcome Jock. Just bare in mind that millions of hotmail accounts are hacked every day by junk mail spammers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:39

Sorry, too much of a coincidence after everything that has happened today. This has gone way way too far now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:49

I'm just giving everyone the benefit of the doubt Jock but yes, you should report it and get to the bottom of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:52

GOB wrote:
Then you should contact the relevant authorities, if it isn't a spammer I'll be interested to hear the outcome Jock. Just bare in mind that millions of hotmail accounts are hacked every day by junk mail spammers.

This

As much as i despise Pasoti... and its odious and despicable leadership.
I think the police have bigger fish to fry im afraid mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:52

I will. I haven't even had the decency of a reply from the Pasoti mods funnily enough. Well a truce was called for and I even tried helping out when it was made known that soemone had been threatened but f**k this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:53

greenjock wrote:
The message on my sign in page was that the incorrect password had been entered too many times, and I have spoken to the Windows Live Team who have confirmed that an incorrect password had been entered. I have e-mailed the PASOTI mods as well and I will wait for one hour to see if anyone has any further information before I call the Police. The IP address used by the person who tried to access my account is traceable, and if I do not receive any information from whoever was responsible for this attempted hacking, I will report this to the Police and ask that criminal charges are brought against the site or person responsible. Enough is enough.

did the account work today? contact hotmail asap as they will have a log of the amount of times the password faults took place and the ip address of the person doing it. It could be spam accounts at play but eliminate that possibilities before contacting the police
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:54

punchdrunk wrote:
GOB wrote:

This

You're right, however if the IP can be provided and proof obtained, the service provider concerned will take action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 00:56

punchdrunk wrote:
GOB wrote:

This

Yeah you're right. I just spoke to the Windows Live Customer help team and they have said pretty much the same thing. A f**king truce? I'll post what I want when I f**king want from now on, whether they're shitting themselves or not!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 01:06

Sorry to hear of your concerns Jock.
As a mod on here, I can only repeat what Gob has said. If it concerns you enough, than try and get some satisfaction from the authorities if at all possible. Pasoti have an email address but I don't know what it is.
I seem to remember your email account being posted on here for some strange reason in someone's post a day or two ago and I rember thinking at the time it was a bit of a strange post .... I can't remember what it was all about now.
Sadly your concerns only reaffirm my thoughts that all forum contributors ' details should be kept totally private .... a subject we were discussing only yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 01:23

It's ok PP, I've e-mailed the Pasoti mods but they're strangely quiet on the subject. My e-mail address was posted by the person called Porkie yesterday, trying to prove they were Ian Newell. Now that person could only have got it from a handful of people and to tell you the truth I'll sort it out myself. So much for for " we all support the same team, stop the bitching etc" Doesn't matter that I was banned from Pasoti, if there is a possible breach of confidentiallity/possible criminal activity, the mods should at least acknowledge my e-mails.

I might now publish some other private messages I have kept. Now they make really really interesting reading. I'll sleep on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 07:44

And if anyone was under any illusions about the Pasoti mods wanting this shit to stop, still not even the f**king courtesy to reply to my e-mail about having my e-mail account hacked. I for one won't pull any punches from now on and if Mr Newell rings anyone crying again, please let me know so I can picture the blubbering blubber and piss myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:06

greenjock wrote:
And if anyone was under any illusions about the Pasoti mods wanting this shit to stop, still not even the f**king courtesy to reply to my e-mail about having my e-mail account hacked. I for one won't pull any punches from now on and if Mr Newell rings anyone crying again, please let me know so I can picture the blubbering blubber and piss myself.

Is your account working ths morning Greenjock? I'm on hotmail myself and have had no problems with accessing it so don't think it's a hotmail wide thing.

Just to add a long time ago my account was locked out in a similar way. At the time the hotmail team told me it was because there were attempts to login to my account incorrectly from two different IP addresses.....

Good luck sorting it out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:21

I have changed my password and can now access my account. I just haven't had a reply from the Pasoti mods, which tells me all I need to know about the place and any truce they wanted. I wonder what would have happened last night if the mods on this site had ignored the blubbering Pasoti mod who contacted this site?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:23

greenjock wrote:
It's ok PP, I've e-mailed the Pasoti mods but they're strangely quiet on the subject. My e-mail address was posted by the person called Porkie yesterday, trying to prove they were Ian Newell. Now that person could only have got it from a handful of people and to tell you the truth I'll sort it out myself. So much for for " we all support the same team, stop the bitching etc" Doesn't matter that I was banned from Pasoti, if there is a possible breach of confidentiallity/possible criminal activity, the mods should at least acknowledge my e-mails.

I might now publish some other private messages I have kept. Now they make really really interesting reading. I'll sleep on it.

Where did the person called " Porkie" publish your e mail address?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:24

On here saying they would send me an e-mail to show they were Ian Newell
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 08:38

Just to clarify Jock, you think that Ian Newell or one of the pasotimods has tried to hack your email account?

Is there any wonder they haven't replied to an email from you if your reaction on here is anything to go by i'm sure it wasn't the mose pleasent email they've received.

Also, if Porkie did indeed post your email address i dont understand why the hell you are not having a moan at the mods on here for them to tell you which user he was, he has given the world access to your data.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:01

Jock - I have split your post again.

Be very careful what you say mate. You need to get the IP addresses from hotmail and find out who was trying to access your email before you accuse anyone. If you find out who did it then let them have it with both barrels. But until then be careful.

I think Ian is an idiot for sending you that PM, but I want this site to take the moral high ground (as has exeweb) by not publishing something that could put his personal safety at risk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:04

There's a lot Of conclusions being made without any logical reason. I very much doubt if any regular mod or user has anything at all to do with this, both on ATD or Pasoti.

If people think before they send out mischiefs making rumours then there would be a lot less hassel for everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:10

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm f**king furious as anyone would be, and tw@ts like Spooner can defend Pasoti all they like but I would love to see their reaction if they were in the same position. What I will say is that I have had assistance from this site regarding security and personal information, but bugger all from Pasoti. As a forum with thousands of members I would have thought that they would immediately want to reassure their users that no info would be abused, but then it's only been 9 hours now hasn't it Spooner. They need to sort out name changes first.

If Ian Newell hadnt sent the message to me in the first place acting the big man calling someone a c**t he's shit scared of, maybe all of this crap wouldnt have happened.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:13

Hotmail is for old people, like the over 25s.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 09:14

Quote :
As a forum with thousands of members I would have thought that they would immediately want to reassure their users

Your no longer a user tho ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT   MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT Empty

Back to top Go down

MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT HACKED INTO EARLIER TONIGHT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next