AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:14 pm

zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
I'm confident that the Trust will do it's best......as long as they don't get rubbished by the likes of you SS 68/69.

You wouldn't hear a bad word said against them, doing your best isn't always good enough, maybe Sheridan is doing his best but you don't mind slagging him off.

Slagging Sheridan off ....not me......maybe O'Connor isn't confident that he can get him Div1 football nexy season.....that's not slagging Sheridan off, that's O'Connor being realistic.

What's this then at the bottom of the page posted at 12.31 today? Yes it's you slagging off Sheridan Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:18 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
I'm not a fan of Brent. But that doesn't mean he can be blamed for Sheridan's errors. Brent doesn't play Tyler Harvey in centre midfield. Brent doesn't coach Alessandra to just freeze when he has the ball in the area.

Some of the fault lies with Brent - our budget isn't huge, and the off-the-pitch instability may well be contributing to some of the poor on-field performances. I rate Sheridan as a manager higher than I do Brent as a football club owner. But the manager has the much greater effect on performances. Yesterday was the difference between a well coached team and a poorly coached one.

Sheridan's done well to sign some players who are very good for this league. But I ask you to imagine where we'd be with John Still, Justin Edinburgh, Keith Hill, John Coleman, Micky Mellon, Martin Allen, Paul Tisdale et cetera

None of them would do any better under Brent, The longer Brent stays the longer Argyle stay in the depths of the football league.
Why?

We have undeniably good players: McCormick, Hartley, Nelson, McHugh, Mellor, Cox and Reuben would walk into any team in this league. There's no players who are obviously not good enough for a promotion team, bar Smalley and maybe Marvin Morgan. Why would a better manager not be able to do more with these players?

Bit of an own goal there matey, you've just mentioned seven players as being good for this league, I too would add Allesandra but we are still four decent players away from fielding a decent 11 never mind like for like cover for injuries and suspensions, we are paper thin squad wise and have been all season, now it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
I'm confident that the Trust will do it's best......as long as they don't get rubbished by the likes of you SS 68/69.

You wouldn't hear a bad word said against them, doing your best isn't always good enough, maybe Sheridan is doing his best but you don't mind slagging him off.

Slagging Sheridan off ....not me......maybe O'Connor isn't confident that he can get him Div1 football nexy season.....that's not slagging Sheridan off, that's O'Connor being realistic.

What's this then at the bottom of the page posted at 12.31 today?  Yes it's you slagging off Sheridan Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well I've read it a few times Les M......and I can see that you could interpret it that way......but it isn't what I said is it.........I feel that there are other managers out there with different approaches than Sheridan that could kick start these same players......Sheridan has a different approach and after two years could be getting jaded......now if you think that is slagging Sheridan then so be it.....we all have our own opinions on what is needed.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
I'm not a fan of Brent. But that doesn't mean he can be blamed for Sheridan's errors. Brent doesn't play Tyler Harvey in centre midfield. Brent doesn't coach Alessandra to just freeze when he has the ball in the area.

Some of the fault lies with Brent - our budget isn't huge, and the off-the-pitch instability may well be contributing to some of the poor on-field performances. I rate Sheridan as a manager higher than I do Brent as a football club owner. But the manager has the much greater effect on performances. Yesterday was the difference between a well coached team and a poorly coached one.

Sheridan's done well to sign some players who are very good for this league. But I ask you to imagine where we'd be with John Still, Justin Edinburgh, Keith Hill, John Coleman, Micky Mellon, Martin Allen, Paul Tisdale et cetera

None of them would do any better under Brent, The longer Brent stays the longer Argyle stay in the depths of the football league.
Why?

We have undeniably good players: McCormick, Hartley, Nelson, McHugh, Mellor, Cox and Reuben would walk into any team in this league. There's no players who are obviously not good enough for a promotion team, bar Smalley and maybe Marvin Morgan. Why would a better manager not be able to do more with these players?

Bit of an own goal there matey, you've just mentioned seven players as being good for this league, I too would add Allesandra but we are still four decent players away from fielding a decent 11 never mind like for like cover for injuries and suspensions, we are paper thin squad wise and have been all season, now it's ridiculous.
I mentioned seven players who would walk into any team in this league. There's a difference between that and being merely good for this league.

Under the bracket of good for this league come Alessandra, Flanagan, Purrington and Blizzard. Maybe even Harvey, if he was given more of a chance in his actual position. Bear in mind for a lot of this season we've had Kellett, O'Connor and Bobby Reid, three players who would waltz into any side in this league and a lot in the tier above.

By my reckoning, that's ten very good players for this league for most of this season, and four or five good ones. It's not the biggest squad going, but a lot of teams above us have worse squads.

Brent isn't a good owner. But I don't think he stormed into the dressing room demanding that Carl McHugh play left-back for the first three months of the season. He didn't tell Tyler Harvey to play defensive midfield. He didn't over-train our players so that we suffer five injuries in a week. He isn't responsible for our piss poor defending from set-pieces.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm

There's a lot of things we're doing at the moment but over-training is 100% not one of them. Sometimes it can come down to just bad luck - which is what I believe this injury crisis is.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:38 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:

Why?

I mentioned seven players who would walk into any team in this league. There's a difference between that and being merely good for this league.

Under the bracket of good for this league come Alessandra, Flanagan, Purrington and Blizzard. Maybe even Harvey, if he was given more of a chance in his actual position. Bear in mind for a lot of this season we've had Kellett, O'Connor and Bobby Reid, three players who would waltz into any side in this league and a lot in the tier above.

By my reckoning, that's ten very good players for this league for most of this season, and four or five good ones. It's not the biggest squad going, but a lot of teams above us have worse squads.

Brent isn't a good owner. But I don't think he stormed into the dressing room demanding that Carl McHugh play left-back for the first three months of the season. He didn't tell Tyler Harvey to play defensive midfield. He didn't over-train our players so that we suffer five injuries in a week. He isn't responsible for our piss poor defending from set-pieces.

Dunno how in-depth your knowledge of other teams players is, but if you think we have 7 who are the best in this league in their positions (that would be the definition of walking into any other team in this league) I think you've got that very badly wrong.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Disagree about Kellett being able to walk into any team in the league. Even yesterday it was noticeable that the opposition didn't target our left side so much when we had Purrington there instead of Kellett. Too often with Kellett teams would target him as a weak spot on a regular basis. A fine attacker but can't defend well.

I do think there's a case to be made for most of the other names MG listed, though at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:08 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:

Why?

Argyle have the third best defensive record in the division so the defending hasn't been that piss poor, whether from set pieces or otherwise.Luton's goal on Saturday came from a lack of concentration, not from bad coaching and it almost certainly would not have happened had Kellett been in the team, certainly can't recall any similar instances when he was in the side. How do you know that the players mentioned would "walk into any of the sides above us"-have you seen those sides in action regularly enough to be able to make such a judgement? And if Hartley, Reid, McHugh, Mellor etc were good enough to be walking into league 1 teams, why weren't they snapped up in the summer by clubs in that division? One area where Argyle certainly aren't stronger than anyone else is in the goalscoring midfielder department-if you study the career stats of the players of the players occupying the midfield berths this season, then they don't make good reading and that is a very crucial part of any successful team-no good having two 20 goal a season strikers if they aren't supported to at least some degree by other areas of the team-40 goals won't get you very far. That's the problem that has been Argyle's real bugbear and which must, repeat must, be solved if any hope of even reaching the play offs is to be maintained.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Disagree about Kellett being able to walk into any team in the league. Even yesterday it was noticeable that the opposition didn't target our left side so much when we had Purrington there instead of Kellett. Too often with Kellett teams would target him as a weak spot on a regular basis. A fine attacker but can't defend well.

I do think there's a case to be made for most of the other names MG listed, though at the very least.

i disagree strongly with you on that one.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
There's a lot of things we're doing at the moment but over-training is 100% not one of them. Sometimes it can come down to just bad luck - which is what I believe this injury crisis is.

Always the excuses.
Why don't you and others just admit that there is a conspiracy going on at PAFC.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 12:22 am

Josh Pope wrote:
If it was five players breaking their legs, then that would be bad luck.

Muscle injuries throughout the team is a strong indication of over-training.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 12:35 am

Greenskin wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:

Why?

Argyle have the third best defensive record in the division so the defending hasn't been that piss poor, whether from set pieces or otherwise.Luton's goal on Saturday came from a lack of concentration, not from bad coaching and it almost certainly would not have happened had Kellett been in the team, certainly can't recall  any similar instances when he was in the side. How do you know that the players mentioned would "walk into any of the sides above us"-have you seen those sides in action regularly enough to be able to make such a judgement? And if Hartley, Reid, McHugh, Mellor etc were good enough to be walking into league 1 teams, why weren't they snapped up in the summer by clubs in that division? One area where Argyle certainly aren't stronger than anyone else is in the goalscoring midfielder department-if you study the career stats of the players of the players occupying the midfield berths this season, then they don't make good reading and that is a very crucial part of any successful team-no good having two 20 goal a season strikers if they aren't supported to at least some degree by other areas of the team-40 goals won't get you very far. That's the problem that has been Argyle's real bugbear and which must, repeat must, be solved if any hope of even reaching the play offs is to be maintained.
Do agree about the lack of a goalscoring midfielder.

But we seem to 'lose our concentration' on pretty much every set piece we defend. At Southend we defended poorly on every single set piece they took: only poor finishing/heroism from McCormick and McHugh stopped them scoring. Appreciate that our good defending from open play could well be down to poor coaching, but I'm inclined to say personnel has a bigger influence: look at how we conceded more without McHugh in there blocking everything. Hartley, McHugh and Nelson are undeniably three excellent centre-backs.

Most of the players in our team have won promotion from this league before. Yet we're currently mid-table. Brent has to shoulder some of the blame, for selling Hourihane on the cheap, and not providing Sheridan with the budget that a club of our attendance should have proportionally to the league. But Sheridan should be doing better with the players he's got. Dispensing of Sheridan wouldn't solve the long-term problem of having an owner who lacks both finance and ambition. But it would help the short-term problem of an underperforming team on the field.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:05 am

MannameadGreen wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
If it was five players breaking their legs, then that would be bad luck.

Muscle injuries throughout the team is a strong indication of over-training.

You can get serious muscle injuries from do little to no training its very wrong of you to think that its only over training that you get them. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:21 am

Josh Pope wrote:
I agree Josh - bad luck. You must remember on this site that any facts are twisted to suit the agenda.
AOC - Blackburn want to sell not loan - accepted Argyles offer to buy - player said no because his contract runs out in the summer and wants to keep his options open. He wasn't turning down Argyle he was turning down a permanent move anywhere (unless no doubt a CCC or Prem club came in). Now JS has to convince Blackburn to loan. How he feels about Argyle will be obvious if, during Jan, he was to be loaned to another club.
Kellet - end of loan and injured so return to Bolton. JS now hoping he'll come back.
Reid - ? Brizzle seemed to have made an error when reading the rules. They are aiming for top 3 and may decide that having him as backup is better than having a no recall situation. He didn't make the Brizzle 18 yesterday so fingers crossed.
Fans are very anxious after 5 without a win - Morecombe is a big game to show that Argyle can recover.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:27 am

Whassup Tone? Did no one tell Brent and Shez that we may need these players past January? Whilst we slide out of the playoffs we have less and less players available every game, I now shit happens but sometimes shit is allowed to happen, you have to blame the managers this includes Shez and Brent the current situation is not good enough and has to change sharpish.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:34 pm

zyph wrote:
......and going one goal down definately causes a mental block.....and they become accepting that defeat is inevitable........now that is a coaching failure that needs addressing.
It's a weakness for sure, that's why he's a 4th division manager, I guess.

That said, The 'The' said we can't compete with the mighty Chesterfield financially so surely Brent/the Board have to take responsibility for employing a manager they couldn't afford to back?

I'd also ask how can you consider Sheridan any sort of failure when our league position apparently matches our budget?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 5:26 pm

I would say that right now, we are about the ninth best team in the div......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
zyph wrote:
......and going one goal down definately causes a mental block.....and they become accepting that defeat is inevitable........now that is a coaching failure that needs addressing.
It's a weakness for sure, that's why he's a 4th division manager, I guess.

That said, The 'The' said we can't compete with the mighty Chesterfield financially so surely Brent/the Board have to take responsibility for employing a manager they couldn't afford to back?

I'd also ask how can you consider Sheridan any sort of failure when our league position apparently matches our budget?

The argument put forward by some is that there are clubs above Argyle at the moment who are operating on smaller budgets and therefore Sheridan should be achieving the same or better results [according to a bloke on PASOTI the other day,a manager with the 7th biggest budget should be walking the league but i'm afraid the logic of that escaped even my twisted mind]. I don't really know how people know this to be a fact in relation to those clubs-I suppose Exeter are certain to have lesser resources but as for the others, who knows. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the budgetary allocations of the 24 clubs in the division-presumably there is one for James Brent to be able to state in public that Argyle's is between the 7th-9th largest. Pompey would almost certainly be operating on a higher outlay but as to the others who make up the 6 [or 8] remaining clubs, then not a clue- who knows it could be a vast majority of the clubs currently above Argyle. For sure clubs can be successful on lower budgets but they are the exception rather than the rule. In fairness Sheridan has consistently stated this season that Argyle should be challenging for automatic promotion so maybe he made a rod for his own back-not sure that he foresaw the disruptive circumstances that have been prevalent in the past few weeks when he made those statements though.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 pm

If Sheridan is under-performing according to budget then he is clearly out-doing others by the same logic.  We all know 'budget' isn't that straight forward.  Dagenham had a fekn great run through working together, as did PAFC 14-15 years ago.

We're clearly not working together, how can we be with an owner who only cares about his pension (I'll add allegedly pffft)?

Agree with your post BTW GS
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:24 pm

tigertony wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
I agree Josh - bad luck. You must remember on this site that any facts are twisted to suit the agenda.
AOC - Blackburn want to sell not loan - accepted Argyles offer to buy - player said no because his contract runs out in the summer and wants to keep his options open. He wasn't turning down Argyle he was turning down a permanent move anywhere (unless no doubt a CCC or Prem club came in). Now JS has to convince Blackburn to loan. How he feels about Argyle will be obvious if, during Jan, he was to be loaned to another club.
Kellet - end of loan and injured so return to Bolton. JS now hoping he'll come back.
Reid - ? Brizzle seemed to have made an error when reading the rules. They are aiming for top 3 and may decide that having him as backup is better than having a no recall situation. He didn't make the Brizzle 18 yesterday so fingers crossed.
Fans are very anxious after 5 without a win - Morecombe is a big game to show that Argyle can recover.
Name a FACT thats been twisted then Tone?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:59 pm

AOC - some posters are intent on saying he hasn't come back because of JS or because he can see we ain't going up or he knows about a forthcoming lack of investment or ... on and on. AOC is looking after his interests because in June he will be a free agent. Maybe another club has already sounded him out but are happy to wait until June? The fact is AOC doesn't want to sign for anyone at present but BBurn want to sell before June to get some dosh rather than no dosh.
Do BBurn loan out or just keep hold until June? Either of those options = no dosh.
JS needs to convince BBurn that either way they ain't getting any dosh so loan to us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Back
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3