HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

luke

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

luke Empty
PostSubject: luke   luke EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:28 pm

Well done to Luke McCormick for winning the player of the week award for League 2
Back to top Go down

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes well done to him. Top keeper Even if the hero Worshipping off him on the o/s made me a little sick reading it.
Back to top Go down

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

From a footballing view only he's easily the best in this league and one of the best in League 1.

He had a small patch of poor-ish form a few weeks ago but going by the last two weeks he's been in phenomenal form. His save in the second half with his hand which he tipped over was reminiscent of a save I saw Courtois make and it was courted around the internet for a few days.

Top keeper.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Indeed. Put a standard League 2 keeper in our team and rather than being in the play-offs, I reckon we'd be 10-12th.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Yes well done to him. Top keeper Even if the hero Worshipping off him on the o/s made me a little sick reading it.

I have to say, I wince whenever I read that some six-year-old mascot has named Luke as their favourite player.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Indeed. Put a standard League 2 keeper in our team and rather than being in the  play-offs, I reckon we'd be 10-12th.
Have to disagree. Our main good run of form in October Luke didn't have to make THAT many excellent saves. Mainly because the three centre-backs in front of him were all so good at their job that the majority of the work was done for him. There have been a couple of games this season where he's really saved us but not many. Not that he isn't good- he's excellent but the trio of Nelson, McHugh and Hartley were even more pivotal to our best wins this season than he was. You've got Nelse's electric pace and endless stamina, McHugh Coughlan-like ability to throw himself in the way of anything that comes his way and block it as well as Hartley's all round composure, intelligent defending and leadership. All three of them can tackle well too and resulted in many games where Luke didn't have a serious save to make. When you also factor in Luke's little dip in form around Christmastime, I don't think he's quite as imperative to our league position as you say. I genuinely think our most important player from a defensive point of view is Carl McHugh. He doesn't have all the frills and fancy defending but just looks how much our goals against tally improves when he moves to centre-back.

And of course, with a worse League Two keeper we'd probably have more wage money to spend elsewhere in the squad. The rabbit hole of hypotheticals is endless.

Bloody good keeper though and make no mistake about that. If anything he's come back from his finger injury an even better player than before.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Where you get the idea he's a high earner on our wage bill? Not the case.
Back to top Go down

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Angry wrote:

I have to say, I wince whenever I read that some six-year-old mascot has named Luke as their favourite player.

I remember chatting to someone who met the wife and mother of the father and children Luke hurt and killed in the crash the other day. Can't remember when he met her but she thought it was fair for him to go back to work, and though they could never forgive him (of course) and there lives would never be the same, they accepted it had ruined Luke's life as well, and thought the abuse he got was inappropriate. The impression I got is that they don't like their children being used for this sickening abuse (though I didn't meet them) but I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Anyway, he wont be on a big wage and they accept that he's simply trying to fix the mess he made of his life and he should be entitled to do so.

Personally I don't have a problem with support for him from younger fans, so long as they know what he did and the consequences it had. That's how I'd bring my kids up anyway, I wouldn't prevent them from getting a Luke McCormick shirt if they wanted one.

Anyway, he'll be one of the lowest paid in the squad and he already gives half of it to charity. Think he owns a caravan park (?) or something in Cornwall with his wife though. Means he's unlikely ever to play for anyone else and he'll probably settle and stay down here when his career ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

luke Empty
PostSubject: Re: luke   luke Empty

Back to top Go down

luke
Page 1 of 1