Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Donate to save Plymouth Albion.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Donate to save Plymouth Albion. Empty
PostSubject: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Angry asked to have this on totd I thought it might be better with a sticky on here. They are in the same position that we were a couple of years ago and we know how that feels, help them if you can.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:50 am

I'm glad I haven't 'helped' ease the reluctant one's path at Argyle............. apart from that bleddy £50 sponsorship of fat Robbie. Still rankles with me No

IMO the only time fans should cough up is if the club is going to be under the ownership of a Trust or other democratically administered group.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I'm glad I haven't 'helped' ease the reluctant one's path at Argyle............. apart from that bleddy £50 sponsorship of fat Robbie. Still rankles with me No

IMO the only time fans should cough up is if the club is going to be under the ownership of a Trust or other democratically administered group.

Makes sense!

Chucking notes into the brentbuckets all those years ago, i regret, not realising at the time the full outcome of what has become never ending admin lite!

And to think other potentials were bullied away too Thumbnsdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Different story here.

I think the end is neigh for Albion in anycase
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Different story here.

I think the end is neigh for Albion in anycase

Used to follow, it all seems to be going south!
Shame!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm amazed that they can't raise the £250k, whether they think it will be throwing good money after bad and the only way is to start from scratch. Lots of people are blaming the RFU saying the prem. is draining or depriving championship rugby of much needed funds to operate, it's not just Albion I think must championship clubs are on their knees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Iggy wrote:
I'm amazed that they can't raise the £250k, whether they think it will be throwing good money after bad and the only way is to start from scratch. Lots of people are blaming the RFU saying the prem. is draining or depriving championship rugby of much needed funds to operate, it's not just Albion I think must championship clubs are on their knees.

RFU dont give a feck about the game below the Premiership which is the major problem as so many clubs outside it are going bust or near breaking point because they arent getting a good deal from them even when they make demands and gurantees hell its very hard to get them to promote the game below the prem or even strike a tv deal that sees it given exposure.

The Pirates will be next to go soon even with their large fanbase.

There needs to be a review of the game beyond the premiership that is fair and teams can exist in or the RFU may aswell cut the premiership off (which they may aswell do) and enforce clubs outside it to return to part time basis.

I believe Albion have raised half including the £125,000 offered which is a real shame.

I still have small hope a deal can be done to atleast keep the club alive even with the relegation being made a cert via the points deduction but unless a miracle happends it will cease to be by Monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Albion Saved....for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donate to save Plymouth Albion.   Donate to save Plymouth Albion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Donate to save Plymouth Albion.
Page 1 of 1