Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)

Go down 
+10
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
green_genie
GreenSam
Les Miserable
lawnmowerman
Dougie
Czarcasm
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) Empty
PostSubject: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:27 pm

Back for the rest on season. Is the 24hrs call back right?

City boss happy for midfielder to continue his development at Home Park.
Steve Cotterill is happy to allow Bobby Reid to remain at Plymouth Argyle on loan.

Reid, 22, has spent the last three months at Home Park, playing 13 times and scoring twice to aid their promotion push.

His initial 93-day loan has now expired, but Cotterill has given the Pilgrims the green light to extend the deal for the rest of the campaign.

"I don't see any point in Bobby returning to us if he is not going to play,” said Cotterill.

“The whole idea of him going out on loan in the first place was to get him games and he has been getting them at Plymouth.

"I won't recall him if he's going to sit on the bench and only play in under-21 games. We have a 24-hour recall option, so I don't see a problem with him staying at Plymouth."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Top banana. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 pm

good news that they want to let him stay. hopefully Sheridan/Starnes/Brent can do the necessary to keep him.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 pm

All we need now is another striker to give us more options up front.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Good news but like most of the team his form of late seems to have dipped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Good news if we play him in an attacking or box to box sense. He's not useful if we're going to sit back as we have on occasion at away games.

Talented little player and I'm very happy, though the 24 hour recall is still a bit annoying, though Blizzard has proven he can come in and do well if we need him to.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:42 pm

The 24 hour recall thing does not make sense.

As pointed out on Pasoti, it goes completely against the football league rules for long-term loans. Does Cotterial even know the rules?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 am

Something to me feels distinctly uncomfortable about the whole set-up and has done for a day or two now

1) Sheridan and Cotterill have both said that a deal is agreed, that 'it's up to Bobby' and the move is open for him if he wants it. For a player who was previously quoted as enjoying his football down here, why would it take such a long time for him to decide that he wants to join? Cold feet?
2) When Bobby was asked today by Errington, he gave a bit of a buck-passing reply saying that his managers would try and work out what the plan for him was going to be. Well, surely the plan was a loan for the season which he had the option to either agree to or not to?
3) Cotterill today made a completely erroneous statement about having a recall clause inserted into the loan. This is not possible for standard loans and we have had him on all the short-term loans that we are allowed for this season by the rules of the game. Surely Cotterill must know this is not possible so why would he say it?

My feeling is that this was a deal that was until recently was looking very likely to happen but that something has come from left field and stalled it. Something definitely doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

If you want better terms/wages then now is the time to play hard ball not after a new deal has been signed, maybe he's trying to get an agreement to sign in the summer, maybe he's had a better offer and we need to match it to keep him, that would be my take on the situation.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:38 pm

All I keep coming back to is how keen he was to re-join us when he first left and how he's apparently not so keen now.

One explanation suggested by a couple of posters (including Iggy above) is that another club have offered him a permanent move that is perhaps on better terms and secures a better future for Bobby himself. It's not entirely unfeasible but personally I don't buy it. The reason I don't buy it is because, if there was a chance Bobby could leave Bristol City permanently, then their manager would either accept just the permanent offer or just the loan offer depending on if Bobby was in his plans or not. If BR was in his long-term plans, he would not blithely accept a permanent offer. If BR was nowhere in his long-term plans, he would hardly accept a loan move when there was a chance to shift him permanently. Therefore, I doubt that explanation is the true one.

It seems far more to me like something or someone at Argyle has very much put him off re-joining between his last loan spell and this one. Could it be that Sheridan's livid dressing room reaction and decision to sub Bobby off early on in the game humiliated him or made him feel like he couldn't work with Sheridan anymore?

Or could it be that he's got wind that Banton, who he appears to be very close friends with going by Twitter, is going to be shafted this month and thus Bobby doesn't want to return either?

Or, do we look even deeper still and wonder if something has come to light to him that there something inherently wrong about the club that he doesn't want or can't stand to be around any longer? To all those who are in the know have you heard anything there?

All I know is that someone who was once extremely keen now appears to be very ambivalent about returning. I think we can say now that all hopes of him coming back are pretty much gone or at best marginal. All I'd really like to know out of genuine concern is, what's holding this deal up? I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but it's very much the impression I'm getting that something has happened in his second loan spell that has badly turned him off us.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Do we actually know it is down to Bobby now?

Like Sam said Cotterill was happy for him to come but thought he had 24hr recall. Maybe now he knows this can only be used up to end of jan he isn't so keen to lose him
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Cotterill certainly said it was down to Bobby.

I guess it's a possibility that Cotterill has only just clocked onto the rules but if so I find that astonishing as a professional manager.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:45 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Cotterill certainly said it was down to Bobby.

I guess it's a possibility that Cotterill has only just clocked onto the rules but if so I find that astonishing as a professional manager.

That is what the local rag state too.

I hope he decides to remain at Argyle for the remainder of this season, helps the club get promoted and trots off back to Bristol more the wiser.

If, and that is a big if, BCFC wish to part company with him and sell come May or June '15, then Argyle should be offered the first option on any deal.

If however, his agent tells him to dig his heals in, he may wish to remain at Ashton Gate and try his luck of first team football.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

He probably does'nt fancy the up coming relegation battle and bailed, cant say i blame him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:08 pm

He probably got wind that we wont be strengthening the squad from now to feb 2nd and realised like what ss68 said didnt fancy the slump.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Angry wrote:
He probably got wind that we wont be strengthening the squad from now to feb 2nd and realised like what ss68 said didnt fancy the slump.
If Bobby thought that Argyle would get promotion, he would beg his manager to stay! i just think he did'nt fancy struggling along with a mid table going nowhere club, he will soon be going out on loan to somebody ambitious like Newport County or Bath City, teams we cant compete with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Is he deffo not coming back or are you just being pessimistic bastards?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Iggy wrote:
Is he deffo not coming back or are you just being pessimistic bastards?
Iggy, i prefer to think of myself as football expert jocolor  , as for young Bobby i think he's gone, Jim's gang dont know how to break the news yet to the faithful, The propoganda forum will soon be saying its another jb masterstroke.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:28 pm

IF Bobby decided not to come cause he didn't think we were in with a chance of getting promotion, then that'd be the ultimate example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. We'd have an infinitely greater chance of challenging for the top three (or at least top 7) if he stayed at the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:12 pm

GreenSam wrote:
IF Bobby decided not to come cause he didn't think we were in with a chance of getting promotion, then that'd be the ultimate example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. We'd have an infinitely greater chance of challenging for the top three (or at least top 7) if he stayed at the club.

true but the club needs strengthening to be sure of that and not just by securing B. Reid Kellet and o'connor's loans till the end of the season and keeping Nelson and R.Reid. If he thinks we arent going to do that then he obviously feels its right to go now on a high rather than be part of the slump.

I hope he stays though.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:09 am

I guess we'll see if that theory holds any water when we find out if AOC, Kellett, Nelse and Reuben are still here at the end of this month or not.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Gone back to the Turnips who have lost Chelsea loan player Todd Kane. Herald says Bobby may come back end of January-

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Coming together nicely now jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Bugger.

That's a fair few games we're weaker for even if he does come back. If's, but's and maybe's though offer no guarantees, might need to find someone else, can't leave it until right on the deadline with crossed fingers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Gone back to the Turnips who have lost Chelsea loan player Todd Kane. Herald says Bobby may come back end of January-

He aint coming back now sadly time to find another gem now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)   Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobby (gone back to Brizzle 08th Jan, but returns 21st Jan)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next