Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
Dougie
Chemical Ali
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 am

I have a question as well that I very much doubt will be answered, but here goes...

What is the objective that the GT's and the CPers feel they cannot achieve under the umbrella of the Trust?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:19 am

GOB wrote:
I have a question as well that I very much doubt will be answered, but here goes...

What is the objective that the GT's and the CPers feel they cannot achieve under the umbrella of the Trust?
In a word, Control of the fan input. They may well end up the new de facto managers of the club, and they are not about to give that up easily. I expect a few arguments are brewing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:34 am

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

In a word, Control of the fan input. They may well end up the new de facto managers of the club, and they are not about to give that up easily. I expect a few arguments are brewing.

If you're right Pirate then they should expect a battle that they will not win.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 am

Hello Damon- thanks for your contributions to the site.

I'm guessing you are in similar circles to Greenmarc/ Daz who have said sponsors (at least 3) have withdrawn because of the Wrathall/ Devon Pine affair- do you know this to be true?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Quote :
IF the rumours are true about having £10k in the bank...

So there we have it. The parallels between Stapleton's acquisition of the old Trust's funds are obvious. One entity enviously eyeing up the cash that another has stockpiled over several years. Very, very smelly indeed.

If the Trust gets involved in this, especially whilst unelected, it would be disgraceful and even if they were elected it would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :

So there we have it. The parallels between Stapleton's acquisition of the old Trust's funds are obvious. One entity enviously eyeing up the cash that another has stockpiled over several years. Very, very smelly indeed.

If the Trust gets involved in this, especially whilst unelected, it would be disgraceful and even if they were elected it would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

I read that thread last night and thought pretty much the same thing. So what if they have £100k in the bank, not really his business is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Quote :

Too true, Sir Frank, sir. Where did these 'rumours' come from? - I haven't seen any reference to them anywhere else, and goodness knows I've got plenty of time to look, but then I'm not in with the in crowd (thankfully).

As Jock says, IF the Plymouth branch has indeed got £10k in the bank, then good for them. How they spend it is up to the members. Although I'd have to say I doubt it has: given how difficult it is to find out how to join, they can't have many paying members. As for the coaches, I seem to remember that the club took over the running of these for a while, so they weren't making any money then, and even if they're making money from them now, it can't be that much. They don't exactly charge the earth to go on them, and it costs a fair bit to hire a coach and driver (who has to be paid for every hour s/he's working, even when they're having a nap or watching the match - and on a lot of journeys there must have to be two drivers because of the time involved).

Smells to me like just another perceived opportunity to get power into as few hands as possible. And with the most appalling sense of timing.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Posting rumours is the new 'unleashing the dogs'. Its all the same in the end. How this is in the spirit of an all inclusive fans body is beyond me. Or is it getting your kicks in first. It undermines the Plymouth supporters branch just in time for the 14th.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:50 pm

GOB wrote:

You keep mentioning the CPers - I will reiterate that the Cpers have not met as a group sincfe the day the club came out of admin. There is no more CPers - it was a group set up to be ensure a Contingency Plan was in place once the Heaney mug pulled out.

The Trust is not a fund raising organisation, the GTs are. The GTs and t6he Trust work very closely - I believe that all the regular volunteers at the GTs are all Trust members.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

PP the GTs do not want to run the club and there is no CPs group. Please let me know who you think wants tpo control the fan input - the President? Ian Newell? - ok, who else?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Hello Damon- thanks for your contributions to the site.

I'm guessing you are in similar circles to Greenmarc/ Daz who have said sponsors (at least 3) have withdrawn because of the Wrathall/ Devon Pine affair- do you know this to be true?

CA - Steve Worker received some abusive and threatening emails and has, for now taken a back seat when it comes to sponsorships. There are a further 3 corporates who have also said that they will not book any further sponsorships. My own belief is these guys have been supporting the club for years - they are as green as anyone - let it calm down and they will be back.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Strange that wealthy local businessmen/fans don't want to run the club...they always have in the past. Anyroad The Pres and IJN will do to be going on with.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Should the club even engage with sponsors that put the fear of bejeezus up someone just because he mentions them in not so glittering terms?

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Strange that wealthy local businessmen/fans don't want to run the club...they always have in the past. Anyroad The Pres and IJN will do to be going on with.

Charlie, no problem with people naming the names of the ones they feel want more than they are entitled to, but it doesn't help lumping all the other former CPers and GTs in with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Dougie wrote:
Should the club even engage with sponsors that put the fear of bejeezus up someone just because he mentions them in not so glittering terms?

Maybe we should play them in midfield pirat
Back to top Go down
Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:13 pm

I think that we will be presented with a fait accompli.

It is probably coincidence:

IJN & CW have been in the directors’ box for the last couple of games.
IJN was wearing a staff pass.
They were both seen entering the board room after the last game

Discussing the weather I guess!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:31 pm

John D wrote:
I think that we will be presented with a fait accompli.

It is probably coincidence:

IJN & CW have been in the directors’ box for the last couple of games.
IJN was wearing a staff pass.
They were both seen entering the board room after the last game

Discussing the weather I guess!

Welcome to ATD John and well said!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Charlie, no problem with people naming the names of the ones they feel want more than they are entitled to, but it doesn't help lumping all the other former CPers and GTs in with it.

Damon, all GTs and CPers are welcome to use ATD and to post their views/comments if they wish to dissociation themselves with the characters involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

PP the GTs do not want to run the club and there is no CPs group. Please let me know who you think wants tpo control the fan input - the President? Ian Newell? - ok, who else?
Damon, let me just thank you for your candid statements on here without the usual Pasoti twist.

Contrary to bullshit from certain quarters, I have never had a problem with local businessmen clubbing together and giving a facility like the fanfest that was well overdue... something the club were far too retiscent to do. While they are not my scene on a match day, there has always been a big demand for such things at the right price... maybe something that they should have incorporated over on the Lyndhurst. What has always been the issue for me is the muddying in public perception of 'charitable' activity and the normal activities of a private limited company, of which I take the Green taverner activities and Pasoti auctions to be. Fans are free to contribute what they like to the club, I just don't want fans thinking they are contributing to something charitable when they are not ... that is a very important principle ... especially these days .

As to your question, I do not know enough of the individual taverners to comment on their desire to control. However, I do suspect that a Peter Ridsdale would have been far happier relying on a bunch of businessmen than a bunch of generic 'fans' with all their complexities.
If I am honest, the two you mention, Ian Newell and Chris Webb are the two I detect have control issues. They will cause a lot of grief and discord if allowed to carry on their long march. If you wish a distance to be made between these two and the fanfesting, you have my blessing. these two are in a hurry and I don't find their attitude very helpul to the futture of the club.
Back to top Go down
hmdr

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
GOB wrote:

You keep mentioning the CPers - I will reiterate that the Cpers have not met as a group sincfe the day the club came out of admin. There is no more CPers - it was a group set up to be ensure a Contingency Plan was in place once the Heaney mug pulled out.

The Trust is not a fund raising organisation, the GTs are. The GTs and t6he Trust work very closely - I believe that all the regular volunteers at the GTs are all Trust members.
Damon

Damon not true the husband and wife team who help with the raffle at the fanfest are not members of the trust, although they give every one including you the impression they are members.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 pm

hmdr wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
GOB wrote:

Damon

Damon not true the husband and wife team who help with the raffle at the fanfest are not members of the trust, although they give every one including you the impression they are members.

Are the couple you mention prominent in the Senior Greens?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
hmdr wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
GOB wrote:

Damon

Are the couple you mention prominent in the Senior Greens?
Obviously that's who hmdr is on about.. As R and S are the only couple who regularly sell the raffle tickets..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Damon, would you be of the same opinion of myself and at a guess many other people on here that the way IJN and Webb are now lording it up when there were infact many other people who did just as much if not more than them in saving the club, is actually leaving a bit of a sour taste?

And to be cheeky is there any consideration from yourself in providing any future investment again in the club? Maybe a consortium mark 2? Not an attempt at causing issues it's a genuine question, feel free to respond to both my questions by PM if you feel you'd rather.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Chris Webb presiding over the meeting (confirmed by himself on Pasoti). He is planning on Q&As will go by knocking around some ideas (who with?) over the coming week. And so it starts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Dougie wrote:
Chris Webb presiding over the meeting (confirmed by himself on Pasoti). He is planning on Q&As will go by knocking around some ideas (who with?) over the coming week. And so it starts.

Say no more. jocolor

Wonder if all the relevant Argyle forums will have the option to pose questions for the exiles who can't make it, but then that would mean his lordship slumming it back on here wouldn't it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent's party on 14th   Brent's party on 14th - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent's party on 14th
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next