Damon.Lenszner
Rickler
Freathy
Czarcasm
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Fan Meet on the 14th Empty
PostSubject: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:12 pm

So who is going to it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Not me.

Can't spare the time. Otherwise I might have.

Would be interested to hear what goes on though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:58 pm

The wife has granted me permission to come down for the day, so I shall be attending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm beginning to think I might, too. Could be very, very interesting.

Maybe Frank can be my bodyguard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Peggy wrote:

I will be wearing my body armour so I will try and bring a spare jacket for you.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Na, but tell Jimmyboy I'll be down the Seco Lounge in the William Yard getting my blood alcohol to an acceptable level to be able to sit through another 90 minutes of dross.

We can discuss plans, and I may even buy him a pint. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I will be wearing my body armour so I will try and bring a spare jacket for you.

Cool!

I've already got a hard hat and safety boots Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:32 pm

I will be there, sat at the front, jester hat on and a banner saying Aviva Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:35 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
I will be there, sat at the front, jester hat on and a banner saying Aviva Smile

Don't forget you can only ask a question that has nothing but praise for our fearless leaders and heroes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:40 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:

Not good enough, Zee. How will we tell you from the others? jocolor

I will decide at the last minute. I won't be able to go to the match but I am interested in seeing the process. As I have said, (allowing for reservations about how the club was taken over), I think Brent has done all he has said he would so far. I want to see first hand if his proposals for increasing fan involvement continue to be positive. It may be that the manner in which the meeting proceeds will be indicative of what the future may bring. The medium is the message.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Don't forget you can only ask a question that has nothing but praise for our fearless leaders and heroes.

Don't worry I have already submitted questions for pre-meeting editing as to make sure any questions I ask are appropriate! Wink

Oh and funny man, im the short overweight female with brown hair.. I think I am the only aviva of that description, please do say hello if u make it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Don't worry I have already submitted questions for pre-meeting editing as to make sure any questions I ask are appropriate! Wink

Good good! lol!

How about you ask a more "controversial" question, as you're one of the gang you may get away with it whereas we wouldn't. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Good good! lol!

How about you ask a more "controversial" question, as you're one of the gang you may get away with it whereas we wouldn't. Very Happy

Yep you're right, only us properr pasoti super fans can ask what we want. ;-)
Not like its an open session for ppl to come along, stick their hand in the air and ask a question or anything!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:42 pm

I might just come along, will they be wearing their Pasoti polo shirts with embroided usernames!!!?? jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Remember though, no awkward questions because Brenty is a gentleman
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Is there any point? These things are like a political rally. Pre-approved, non-contraversial questions only. Everyone nodding in agreement with eveything brent says. Avivas hero worshipping brent for 'saving' us - although we haven't been 'saved' at all. Think I'll give it a miss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:05 pm

it will be as choreographed as jim jong il,s funeral.
Comrade Newell and Webb in attendance flanked by their party political mentees Zee Zan and Cobi ...along with that fat idiot Mike PAFC stood at the door like at the Nuremberg rally.
Sounds like a right barrel of laughs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
it will be as choreographed as jim jong il,s funeral.
Comrade Newell and Webb in attendance flanked by their party political mentees Zee Zan and Cobi ...along with that fat idiot Mike PAFC stood at the door like at the Nuremberg rally.
Sounds like a right barrel of laughs

lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor

I wonder if we can ask Webb why he refuses to engage with this forum yet still spouts off on pasoti despite saying he was taking a step back from internet forums, afterall he is supposed to be the fans representative
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I was obviously only taking the mick in my responses on this thread

I have absolutely no idea where people got the idea that questions are screened previous to the meeting or only "avivas" are allowed to ask questions.
There were many metings over the last year, with the majority following the same format.. Chris or whoever is chairing the meeting speaks, says hello etc.. Then the person in the spotlight says a few words, then its for open questions from the floor.
Someone runs round with a mic, the person stands, says: I'm Zee, My question is blah blah.. then the 2nd question is asked, Im Bob my question is blah blah, then it goes back to the person to answer the 2 questions that have been asked. Then this is repeated.
Many people attend these meetings, not just people who are avivas. Plenty of people from a wide range of the fan base have the chance to ask questions, whatever they may be, and as silly as they want.. Free buses anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm

The only difference being Newell and his heavies in close attendance, ready to abuse at the drop of a hat if they don't like what they hear.
Nothing will ever change at these "meetings" until we rid the club of the Pasoti "clique" once and for all .....Pasoti is a cancer that is killing the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The only difference being Newell and his heavies in close attendance, ready to abuse at the drop of a hat if they don't like what they hear.
Nothing will ever change at these "meetings" until we rid the club of the Pasoti "clique" once and for all .....Pasoti is a cancer that is killing the club.

What do you base this assumption on?
There have never been any arguments or major disagreements at any of the previous meetings involving Ian or anyone else, it's just a simple Q&A session..

I don't understand your hatred for Pasoti, or what a forum website has to do with a meeting at the guild hall. But hey ho, lets turn another normal ATD thread into an anti-pasoti one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:51 pm

For most on here (I think) there is no "hatred" of pasoti. It's rather a dislike of how it is run. At least, that is my opinion.

And I agree, how on earth can anyone judge a meeting before it takes place? Let's wait and see.

And then we can tear it to pieces. (joke ... Laughing )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:54 pm

I certainly don't hate Pasoti. I just hate the way it's run and how it's all back patting arse licking of Newell and Webb, double standards and things just not adding up but hey that's just my own personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Someone runs round with a mic, the person stands, says: I'm Zee, My question is blah blah.. then the 2nd question is asked, Im Bob my question is blah blah, then it goes back to the person to answer the 2 questions that have been asked. Then this is repeated.

Have I got this right ... the person in the spotlight takes two questions at a time? What sort of way is that to run a meeting?

I understand the big gripe about previous meetings is that there has been no chance of rebuttel. You ask your question and you receive an answer, with no chance to comment on it. If this is true, it makes any meeting a complete waste of time.

And.. I think the point others are trying to make is... If Newell is stood on one side of the room and I was on the other (or a stranger), both with our hands up to ask a question...

Who is Chris Webb going to point to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Have I got this right ... the person in the spotlight takes two questions at a time? What sort of way is that to run a meeting?

I understand the big gripe about previous meetings is that there has been no chance of rebuttel. You ask your question and you receive an answer, with no chance to comment on it. If this is true, it makes any meeting a complete waste of time.

And.. I think the point others are trying to make is... If Newell is stood on one side of the room and I was on the other (or a stranger), both with our hands up to ask a question...

Who is Chris Webb going to point to?

I think it's just the easiest way to run a meeting that is on a tight schedule, and to be able to get as many questions asked as possible in that time. Else we would have one question asked, and just be going over it for the entire duration of the time. It would just be a mess.
All previous meetings have run smoothly, and been no problem at all, I don't understand the negtivity on this thread towards an open meeting that is yet to happen.

Bit in bold - I obviously can not talk on behalf of anyone. Ian seems to have direct access to talk to James Brent should he wish to ask him any questions, therefor, I would assume that Chris would chose the other person with their hand up to have probably their only chance to ask JB a direct question..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Meet on the 14th   Fan Meet on the 14th Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan Meet on the 14th
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next