Chemical Ali
125+1
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Whats Happened to the released players Empty
PostSubject: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Thought it would be interesting to see how the players released/turned down contract have fixed themselves up with.

Jake Cole - Woking - Conf Prem

Matt Parsons - No Club

Durrel Berry - No Club

Luke Young - Torquay - Conf Prem

Maxime Blanchard - No Club

Andres Gurrieri - Tristan Suarez - 3rd Tier Argentina

Romuald Boco - No Club

Isaac Vassell - Truro City

Neal Trotman - No Club

Quite a few to find employment yet. I am pretty certain most if not all will be having trials with clubs during the summer.

If anyone has any updates on the players without clubs can you update here. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Trotman was having a trial at Cheltenham but wasn't signed. Boco was on trial at Chesterfield but I haven't heard anything further (I'd assume they didn't sign him).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm

I think they said at the time Boco was just training with them, and it was not a trial. The manager knew and liked him from their time working in Northern Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:20 pm

The one that surprises me if Durrell Berry, would have expected him to have signed for someone by now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Never rated him but as you say slightly surprising he's still without a club, he showed promise occasionally but was infuriating to watch most of the time, conference level player IMO.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Boco also had a trial at Bristol Rovers, as did Trotman who in fact captain a Rovers XI in a friendly, but presumably that trial was unsuccessful also.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
The one that surprises me if Durrell Berry, would have expected him to have signed for someone by now

Was linked with Walsall when first released, but they subsequently signed James O'Connor who was released by Derby. I wouldn't be surprised if Berry joined a midlands club like Shrewsbury/ Burton but it is getting late into pre-season.
Back to top Go down
pafc70

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm

i know theres still time but didnt berry say he was leaving cos he could find a better club? i know theres still time for him to do so but by the looks of it he could well be eating humble pie every saturday afternoon, its even better when we have what i believe a better right back in kelvin mellor. also not surprised majority of the released bunch are without a club, apart from blanchard and parsons having a purple patch they were all sh*te
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Agreed Chem, id tip Shrews or maybe even Burton, just down the road from his home town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Agreed Chem, id tip Shrews or maybe even Burton, just down the road from his home town.

Depends if they need a RB rather than what is convenient for Berry.

Daft sod, if a football club wants you regard the offer as a privilege. Plenty of good players start football seasons with no employer and some end the season playing part time in the Jewson Southern League trying to scrape £200 an appearance.

I actually rated Berry, but we have 3 good options in his spot now. He has closed the one and only door that was open to him a few months ago.

This said, he could have been offered a low wage, and told he would be backup. At his age he must have fancied getting the going rate for a L2 RB and a starting spot, but it doesn't look like working out that way now.

Best of luck to him though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 pm

True ejh entirely dependent on which club needs a right back, time is ticking so he'll have to go where he can get a contract, he could get lucky and land a deal with a club higher than his current level (like Bittner did) or he may end up having to sign for a Conference club.

Assumed he ditched Argyle because he'd had an offer or at the least strong interest from lots of clubs, obviously not the case so he's dropped a bollock big time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:43 pm

neal trotman signed for bristol rovers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Good for him (and Rovers)  Thanks/OK 
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Jake Cole wasted at Woking, he is L2 level easy.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm

ejh wrote:
Good for him (and Rovers)  Thanks/OK 

Indeed.

I read yesterday that the Rovers manager will know where the side stand after three games. Some of the Gas are not sure if they will go up at the first attempt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Bristol Rovers Vs Grimsby Town opener is live on BT Sports this weekend..
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Somebody has reported on Pasoti that Parsons is training with Dulwich Hamlet who play in the Ryman league.
Back to top Go down
pafc70

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Good to see Trotman has found his level, should do alright there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Not surprised in the slightest about the ex players struggling to find decent clubs to play for including Luke 'goldenbollocks' Young.

Must admit Cole raised an eyebrow in signing for Woking..he would have been a good goalie for a L2 club.

Just highlight's the crapness of the squad last season, not sure this season will be any better in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 pm

I liked Trotman to begin with. The team wasn't defending well before he joined and it was causing obvious strain on the sides ability to get forward. Sheridan did well to bring Trotman in and soon enough our nervy defense started to claim a clean sheet or two. Loses became draws and draws turned to wins - that turn of form from November began with his last gasp header at Mansfield (what a steal of 3 points that was!).

It's a shame that around March he seemed to just give up. Became clumsy and effort lapsed. It was a strange and sudden decline that assured his contract wouldn't be renewed. Before then I'd have said he absolutely deserved a new contract. Away at Chesterfield I was chatting to a Spireite fan on the way to the ground and we both agreed that Trotman was a good defender - he said he was surprised that he was released, but at the same time could understand why the decision was made. I was less surprised given Trots poor end of season form, but I do think he's a handy defender to have, but we've improved tremendously at the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 pm

luke young is Torquay's captain!!! that could either be a stroke of genius or costly imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Not surprised in the slightest about the ex players struggling to find decent clubs to play for including Luke 'goldenbollocks' Young.

Must admit Cole raised an eyebrow in signing for Woking..he would have been a good goalie for a L2 club.

Just highlight's the crapness of the squad last season, not sure this season will be any better in all honesty.

Young 'struggled' to find a club in so much as having a two year deal on the table within weeks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:13 am

Angry wrote:
neal trotman signed for bristol rovers

Must have been the amazing goal he scored against them lol! 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:42 am

Angry wrote:
luke young is Torquay's captain!!! that could either be a stroke of genius or costly imo

Really? Bizarre if true. If he's getting the armband on the basis of him being their best player then that's one thing I guess, but your stereotypical captain figure, he ain't. In fact, I'd go as far as saying he'd probably be one of the last I'd choose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Or it may be the making of him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
Or it may be the making of him.

Yeah it may be, but I think that's an overused phrase that's probably more relevant when attributed to Curtis Nelson. He isn't really the stand out candidate for our captaincy, but I think most people can see that he has the attributes that can develop with the armband.

If I'm honest I'm struggling to think of one outstanding attribute that Young has as regards being a leader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats Happened to the released players   Whats Happened to the released players Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats Happened to the released players
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next