The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Berry training with Torquay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Berry training with Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Looks like his league 1 move never happened. Ok player but Mellor is much better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Going there with his tail between his legs after the way he rejected our contract offer. Good luck to him if he gets a deal after all his "i can play in a higher league" attitude of him and his agent Proved to be a blessing in disguise as Mellor is miles better and unlike Berry could play in a higher league.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Torquay looking for funding as they don't have the budget for Berry-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Signs a non contract with Torquay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Not very fair on Berry - don't forget he was offered a take it or leave it pay reduction at a time when others (like Reid, Nelson, Purrington) were being given generous pay rises.

It's easy for someone like Wotton to accept a low pay deal when he knows his best days are behind him, not easy for a 22 year old who started out with Aston Villa.

I always thought Berry was a good right back, it's a shame he didn't find a club offering what he wanted. That is the way the market is sometimes. If he proves himself with Torquay hopefully he can get himself back into league football. But it is always going to be hard to get noticed for a side back at that level.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Tbf, I think Berry has probably found his true level at a mid table Conference side. A bit like Luke Young.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tbf, I think Berry has probably found his true level at a mid table Conference side. A bit like Luke Young.

fishing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't understand why anybody sees Berry as anything other than a liability for a team hoping to get promoted from this division. I don't remember him ever having a good game for us: he was booked far too frequently; caught out of position far too frequently; never won a header in his life; no left foot at all; often over-lapped promisingly to cross appallingly; got a nosebleed as soon as he got near goal.

All of which is a shame because he was very athletic, seemed like a top lad who was popular amongst his teammates and I've not forgotten that he signed for us when others wouldn't.

He's one of those I was grateful to see arrive and even more grateful to see leave.

I hope he sets the world alight at Torquay and proves my assessment wrong - but I don't think he will.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:33 pm

berry was average for us. torquay is his level imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Mellor is much better, but good luck to the lad. Nothing against him but I just don't think he was quite good enough for us - especially not where we are now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berry training with Torquay   Berry training with Torquay Empty

Back to top Go down

Berry training with Torquay
Page 1 of 1