AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Carlisle match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:57 am

And I refuse to accept that there is any reason at all as to why we couldn't win the league.

Are we supposed to feel OK about being second best to Bury or somebody?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

Imo this division is that bad a shite team could win it. There are varying degrees of shyte. Our current level of shyte is much better than 2 years ago. At least we are now hard to beat but we are not putting teams away. Another striker and an attacking midfielder who scores goals are required. Personally I'd rather watch us win 3-2 but will take us doing an Arsenal for now.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am

At the start of the season I don't think anyone would have turned down a play-off spot if it were (hypothetically) offered. Of course, with the run we are on now it's only natural to set the bar higher. But four games ago when we were about 16th a play-off spot would have been snapped off the hand quicker than you could say 'clusterfuck'.

My point being, this league seems to produce a lot of streaky periods for teams. We're on a winning streak at the minute and long may that continue, but it also won't surprise when we hit our next trough. We're not a fantastic team, so the trough will come. That's why I'd still take a play-off spot here and now, were it offered.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 am

We're nowhere near good enough to be up there with highfliers Burton and Bury with their 2k home attendances. Luton will win this division.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:22 am

I see Portsmouth are up there setting the pace Freathy, just as you predicted (again) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 am

All will need is three players like these three Lavery, Hourihane and  Bhasera and we would be pushing for promotion.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 am

If we had Lavery up front with Reid we'd win this league by 10 points.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:40 am

We had a visitor at yesterday game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:36 pm

We need to strengthen in squad depth if we are to stand a chance of winning the league. If one of the first team starters falls injured, gets suspended, or is dropped for whatever reason then there has to be someone equally as good to step up no matter what the position is.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:33 pm

They always say: "look at the bench to see how good the XI is". Well some of 'em do anyway.

Yesterday's subs were: Norburn, Kellett, Bittner, Harvey, Banton, Smalley, Morgan.

Which is strong going forward, non-existant at the back, scant in midfield and completely unknown in goal.

Presumably of them Harvey would step up to replace Bobby Reid should he go back and River Allen step up to replace him.

The underlying point is right though: we are the mythical "3 players away from being a good side" - but so is everybody else.

One thing certain is that nobody in this division has strength in depth; our weakness is everybody else's weakness too.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
If we had Lavery up front with Reid we'd win this league by 10 points.

30 points surely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
They always say: "look at the bench to see how good the XI is". Well some of 'em do anyway.

Yesterday's subs were: Norburn, Kellett, Bittner, Harvey, Banton, Smalley, Morgan.

Which is strong going forward, non-existant at the back, scant in midfield and completely unknown in goal.

Presumably of them Harvey would step up to replace Bobby Reid should he go back and River Allen step up to replace him.

The underlying point is right though: we are the mythical "3 players away from being a good side" - but so is everybody else.

One thing certain is that nobody in this division has strength in depth; our weakness is everybody else's weakness too.

And if Reid falls who takes over and capable of scoring goals? is bittner really capable of filling in for mccormick long term if anything happen to him? who of that bench can you throw on for the last 10-20mins (if shezza ever did such a new age thing Wink) that you would have confidence that he could nick a goal and who off that bench could you bring on for the last 10-20mins to shore up a lead when the pressure from the other team starts to build.

Its these scenarios that explains why we dont really have the depth on the bench to make the difference other than to keep things the same on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 pm

FY 310 wrote:
I see Portsmouth are up there setting the pace Freathy, just as you predicted (again) Very Happy

Pompey will get out of this dogshite division long before we ever will
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 pm

A hard fought but overall deserved win imo, great to see resilience and team spirit.

My resilience on the other hand isn't what it used to be, 4 or 5 pints before the game soaked up by an oggy, another 4 or 5 pints after the game, bagful of chinese and stumbled home at about 9.30-10 fastforward to about 5am and I wake up on the sofa stiff as a board, meander into the dining room and find 1 and a half empty bottles of beer on the table, chinese 'food' strewn everywhere including the floor and I'm feeling so ill I can't even attempt to clean any of it up. Still feeling a bit ropey now, bad pint, bad pasty or bad chinese ? something got me Crying or Very sad

If we keep winning my health could take a battering !!  Oh and Mrs Asti's been a bit cunty all day Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 am

good work Asti Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 am

Freathy wrote:
FY 310 wrote:

Pompey will get out of this dogshite division long before we ever will

At which end?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:23 am

Sad Act's hooked another one using the same bait ffs ! fishing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:42 am

Anyone see the fights in Block 14 at the end? There were also another two other groups who were shouting each other during the game.

The first fight seems to have followed from the Shrewsbury game where one bloke was complaining that the game was crap, and another was shouting at him that at least argyle were winning. One of these blokes was restrained by 4 or 5 stewards on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:52 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
A hard fought but overall deserved win imo, great to see resilience and team spirit.

My resilience on the other hand isn't what it used to be, 4 or 5 pints before the game soaked up by an oggy, another 4 or 5 pints after the game, bagful of chinese and stumbled home at about 9.30-10 fastforward to about 5am and I wake up on the sofa stiff as a board, meander into the dining room and find 1 and a half empty bottles of beer on the table, chinese 'food' strewn everywhere including the floor and I'm feeling so ill I can't even attempt to clean any of it up. Still feeling a bit ropey now, bad pint, bad pasty or bad chinese ? something got me Crying or Very sad

If we keep winning my health could take a battering !!  Oh and Mrs Asti's been a bit cunty all day Rant

Our 'match day experience' was so similar it's quite scary. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Anyone see the fights in Block 14 at the end? There were also another two other groups who were shouting each other during the game.

The first fight seems to have followed from the Shrewsbury game where one bloke was complaining that the game was crap, and another was shouting at him that at least argyle were winning. One of these blokes was restrained by 4 or 5 stewards on Saturday.

It will take something to heal the divisions in the fan base, you can say what you like about Brent but his tenure has done as much damage to the club as the admin. period ever did. The fact that it kicked off in block 14 says it all, pretty moderate on the whole, Ive got a couple of mates that sit there, Ill ask them if they know what happened?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

lol!  And yesterday I had the never again blues..............but hey, what a difference a day makes, purely in the interests of clinical research and in an attempt to discover the cause of the 'difficulties' I experienced on Saturday night I've reluctantly agreed to do exactly the same for the Cheltenham game next Saturday. Very Happy

Last edited by AstiSpumante on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am

The man who put the spew in Spumanti!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm

As a 'top Medical Expert' i can tell you that it wasn't a bad pint, bad pasty or bad Chinese - but a dirty glass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

lol!  And yesterday I had the never again blues..............but hey, what a difference a day makes, purely in the interests of clinical research and in an attempt to discover the cause of the 'difficulties' I experienced on Saturday night I've reluctantly agreed to do exactly the same for the Cheltenham game next Saturday. Very Happy

An honourable commitment to science and PAFC!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Although I didn't go to the match I also got really pissed on Saturday, went back to the pub on Sunday lunchtime, had a roast lamb dinner (scrummy) and felt much better then drank more beer and ended up in a similar state again by about 7pm, rough this morning, I must have had a dodgy pint as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle match thread   Carlisle match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next