Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)

Go down 
+8
Dougie
PlymptonPilgrim
Rickler
Greenskin
downthetrack
pepsipete
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) Empty
PostSubject: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Any sort of away win tomorrow will take us out of the bottom 2 - woopie

Crawley 1 Barnet 0
Daggers 2 Gillingham 1
Hereford 1 Accrington 1

20. Daggers 20
21. Barnet 20
22. Hereford 19

23. Northampton 17
24. Argyle 17

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Stop it Cobi or you will have people talking about the play off again. I spent 20 minutes willing Gillingham to score but alas it didn't work. Whilst we still need a result tomorrow it does at least take the "must win" pressure off the players. Although having said that perhaps it would be better if it was still there.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Tonight's results mean that....

Our destination is in our own hands.

We don't have to rely on other results going our way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Tonight's results mean two of our rivals put points on the board. To ignore that reality is rather silly.... in my humble opinion.

If results elsewhere don't mean anything, why do final group World Cup matches have to kick off at the same time ? Why are some games considered six pointers ?
Other results are always important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Tonight's results mean two of our rivals put points on the board. To ignore that reality is rather silly.... in my humble opinion.

If results elsewhere don't mean anything, why do final group World Cup matches have to kick off at the same time ? Why are some games considered six pointers ?
Other results are always important.

at last sense nd its come from a cornishman of all people cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 am

Just as we have finally hit a rein of form, alas our rivals have too...it never rains it only pours!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:15 am

So going into the business end of the season we're STILL rock bottom of the division and two points from safety. The ludicrous unfounded optimism of some is really beginning to grate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:20 am

Freathy wrote:
So going into the business end of the season we're STILL rock bottom of the division and two points from safety. The ludicrous unfounded optimism of some is really beginning to grate.

Woe woe and thrice woe . Cheer up you old moaner . We are staying up .
Happy New Year !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:30 am

It's raining, it's going to rain all day, and no spotty teenager camped in their bedroom is going to convince me the sun is shinning. Those old enough to know better and who have holes in their shoes have no excuse. I thought we had got rid pf the Stapleton, Todd and Gardner weather forecast ... never, ever, ever tell them it's raining, and protect your crops AFTER the frost. No wonder some people can't feed themselves. flower
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 am

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Happy New Year !

OK just for you - we're bottom, two points from safety, running out of matches, about to lose some key players, owner not interested in spending......so play-offs here we come!!!

Happy New Year!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 am

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Happy New Year !

OK just for you - we're bottom, two points from safety, running out of matches, about to lose some key players, owner not interested in spending......so play-offs here we come!!!

Happy New Year!!

Ok - just for you ......
The team is finding some form and it WILL be strengthened in January . We haven't a cat in hell chance of making the playoffs but we WILL stay up .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:41 am

Hey GG. I think you and Chris Webb would look rather fetching on the pitch in your Ra ra skirts. We need you there telling us how to do it. I wonder if Chris has bought his megaphone yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 am

Depends on your definition of strengthening.

Losing Chadders (by no means a done deal to keep him) and Hemmings would be hammer blows. They will have to be replaced which then brings a period of inevitable bedding in of new players.

The disruption to the team just as form is picking up could be devastating at this crucial time.

The key to staying up is keeping the current loanees and maybe adding an additional experienced defender.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 am

greengenes wrote:

Ok - just for you ......
The team is finding some form and it WILL be strengthened in January . We haven't a cat in hell chance of making the playoffs but we WILL stay up .

I'm sure the supporters of D&R, Barnet, Hereford & Northampton are also convinced their teams will stay up. Problem is two clubs will be relegated out of the football league next May. We're currently bottom and have been all season. I'm afraid I need more than someone repeating "we will stay up" over and over to convince that we are not almost certainly heading for oblivion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Hey GG. I think you and Chris Webb would look rather fetching on the pitch in your Ra ra skirts. We need you there telling us how to do it. I wonder if Chris has bought his megaphone yet.

Miaow! saucer of milk for PP ! Wink I think you and Frothy would look rather fetching in your Grim Reaper outfits in the dressing room at halftime - "we're doomed lads doomed might as well give up now ..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:02 am

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Ok - just for you ......

I'm sure the supporters of D&R, Barnet, Hereford & Northampton are also convinced their teams will stay up. Problem is two clubs will be relegated out of the football league next May. We're currently bottom and have been all season. I'm afraid I need more than someone repeating "we will stay up" over and over to convince that we are not almost certainly heading for oblivion.

Damn those Football Supporters damn them - why the hell do they keep turning up for all this crap ? Idiots the lot of them .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 am

In defense we have Purse, Bignot, Bhasera, Williams and Blanchard with experience. We have Nelson & Berry as youngsters who can come in when needed. That seems to be adequate cover. I don't know what the arrangements are for Berry, Bignot and Blanchard for the longer term. If they either return to their clubs or are not signed then we certainly need more defensive signings otherwise I am reasonably comfortable with that.

In the middle we have Hourihane, Walton, Soukouna (who can also cover at the back), Hemmings, Atkinson. Again, I'm not sure about the position with the loanees.

Up front we have Chadwick, Feeney, Young, LeCointe. The deal for Chadwick is not signed and sealed yet.

I am sure I have missed people out.

Based on the above I'd say we urgently need a couple of people to play &/or provide cover up front and maybe another mid-field player.

The position with loanees is the most crucial. I don't know the individual arrangements. If their loan-terms allow for only a short period here or if their loan terms allow for recall in an emergency then we are in trouble with so little back-up. Once two or three of them disappear then we would be back almost to where we were playing youngsters with fragile confidence and limited experience. Does anyone know what the individual loan situations are and what position we would be in taking on new loanees?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 am

You don't get it GG. There's no grim reaper here. If it's raining outside, take note. Tool up. Buy a new raincoat and some decent wellies, and send some men out to do the work that is neccessary, not freshers. I can do a Churchill if I need to, but it must be based on preparedness and not some nursery rhyme, else nobody believes it. This might come as a shock to some, but someone has to lose. The refusal to see what is happening in the REAL world over the last three years has led us to this place, bottom of the whole League. Wake up.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 am

funny man wrote:
In defense we have Purse, Bignot, Bhasera, Williams and Blanchard with experience. We have Nelson & Berry as youngsters who can come in when needed. That seems to be adequate cover. I don't know what the arrangements are for Berry, Bignot and Blanchard for the longer term. If they either return to their clubs or are not signed then we certainly need more defensive signings otherwise I am reasonably comfortable with that.

In the middle we have Hourihane, Walton, Soukouna (who can also cover at the back), Hemmings, Atkinson. Again, I'm not sure about the position with the loanees.

Up front we have Chadwick, Feeney, Young, LeCointe. The deal for Chadwick is not signed and sealed yet.

I am sure I have missed people out.

Based on the above I'd say we urgently need a couple of people to play &/or provide cover up front and maybe another mid-field player.

The position with loanees is the most crucial. I don't know the individual arrangements. If their loan-terms allow for only a short period here or if their loan terms allow for recall in an emergency then we are in trouble with so little back-up. Once two or three of them disappear then we would be back almost to where we were playing youngsters with fragile confidence and limited experience. Does anyone know what the individual loan situations are and what position we would be in taking on new loanees?

I'm sure Chadwick will stay . I'm sure we are in for some pleasant surprises in January too .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 am

penzancepirate wrote:
You don't get it GG. There's no grim reaper here. If it's raining outside, take note. Tool up. Buy a new raincoat and some decent wellies, and send some men out to do the work that is neccessary, not freshers. I can do a Churchill if I need to, but it must be based on preparedness and not some nursery rhyme, else nobody believes it. This might come as a shock to some, but someone has to lose. The refusal to see what is happening in the REAL world over the last three years has led us to this place, bottom of the whole League. Wake up.

Those very things you talk about are being done right now .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

I'll be the judge of that, not some Postie. I know the sport inside out. I'm a winner, don't you know. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I'll be the judge of that, not some Postie. I know the sport inside out. I'm a winner, don't you know. clown

You'll have to explain that - no idea what you mean .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:29 am

Straight forward enough. I know more about the game of football than Chris Webb will ever know.

I've never been impressed with the simple bombastic call to arms. As I said, somebody has to lose.
Gadafi's son might have been bullish in his TV interviews, but it didn't do him much good, did it. I'll be judging January with my own faculties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Straight forward enough. I know more about the game of football than Chris Webb will ever know.

I've never been impressed with the simple bombastic call to arms. As I said, somebody has to lose.
Gadafi's son might have been bullish in his TV interviews, but it didn't do him much good, did it. I'll be judging January with my own faculties.

Thats fair enough but its only your opinion . I did think you'd mispelt whiner when you wrote winner though ( joke) .
Have you considered offereing your services to The Club ? It needs all the help it can get . As for bringing the offspring of a dead dictator into it thats just silly .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
It's raining, it's going to rain all day, and no spotty teenager camped in their bedroom is going to convince me the sun is shinning. Those old enough to know better and who have holes in their shoes have no excuse. I thought we had got rid pf the Stapleton, Todd and Gardner weather forecast ... never, ever, ever tell them it's raining, and protect your crops AFTER the frost. No wonder some people can't feed themselves. flower

Class!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)   Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonights results mean that.. (and Aldershot match thread)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next