The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Purrington injured

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tagz

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 17:23

After breaking his right wrist in several places. No confirmed date of return.
Back to top Go down

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 17:34

Back into the loan market we go unless Hartley is back for saturday.
Back to top Go down
tagz

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 17:39

Angry wrote:

Yep I can't see Wotton or Bentley starting (and McHugh moving to left back). I think Wotton's next game for us will be v Pompey.
Back to top Go down

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 17:51

tagz wrote:
Angry wrote:

Yep I can't see Wotton or Bentley starting (and McHugh moving to left back). I think Wotton's next game for us will be v Pompey.

i highly doubt he will play at all this season to be honest. His first objective is coaching now.
Back to top Go down
tagz

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 17:57

Angry wrote:
tagz wrote:
Angry wrote:

i highly doubt he will play at all this season to be honest. His first objective is coaching now.

I think Sheridan will play him for 1 game this season so he gets (3rd place I think) appearance record to himself.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 21:41

His experience has got to be worth something. It's not as if he was ever particularly quick or mobile.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 23:25

Cornish Chris wrote:
His experience has got to be worth something. It's not as if he was ever particularly quick or mobile.
I think with Wotton you could be looking at a Fletcher/Larrieu type scenario though where he doesn't really WANT to play anymore.

Besides, if Hartley was out and McHugh was at left-back I imagine O'Connor would drop into CB before Bentley.
Back to top Go down

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 23:53

tagz wrote:
Angry wrote:
tagz wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think Sheridan will play him for 1 game this season so he gets (3rd place I think) appearance record to himself.

That scenario perhaps but i feel unless there is a heavy injury crisis he will remain in the dugout. He is pretty much a spent force on the field now.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 00:33

I disagree he's spent- he was a reasonably good DM last season and we won three games in a week (2-1, 4-0 and 5-0) with Wotton playing in each one of them.

He hasn't lost his pace or mobility cause he never had it to lose. He just sits there in his hole and mops up play effectively.

I reckon he could be good for three more years in that role, if he wanted to. He literally barely has to move. He just has to be canny and the one thing he's not lost is his defensive anticipation which has always been excellent.
Back to top Go down

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014, 00:39

GreenSam wrote:
I disagree he's spent- he was a reasonably good DM last season and we won three games in a week (2-1, 4-0 and 5-0) with Wotton playing in each one of them.

He hasn't lost his pace or mobility cause he never had it to lose. He just sits there in his hole and mops up play effectively.

I reckon he could be good for three more years in that role, if he wanted to. He literally barely has to move. He just has to be canny and the one thing he's not lost is his defensive anticipation which has always been excellent.

hence why he is a spent force thanks for proving my point cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyThu 02 Oct 2014, 13:28

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

hence why he is a spent force  thanks for proving my point cheers cheers
But he never WAS much of a big mover. He never was athletic. He can't lose what he never had.

He still has his stamina and football brain which is what made us an improved team last season when he was in it. Admittedly, the alternative was Blizzard.
Back to top Go down

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyThu 02 Oct 2014, 16:35

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

hence why he is a spent force  thanks for proving my point cheers cheers
But he never WAS much of a big mover. He never was athletic. He can't lose what he never had.

He still has his stamina and football brain which is what made us an improved team last season when he was in it. Admittedly, the alternative was Blizzard.

he has past his best on the pitch let him develop as a coach by all accounts he is doing well at.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured EmptyThu 02 Oct 2014, 17:03

GreenSam wrote:

John Matthews. Unfortunately for us John Matthews also had quality in the likes of Russell Coughlin, Kevin Hodges, Kevin Summerfield and Garry Nelson around him. If that bunch had their shoelaces tied together they'd still get into this side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purrington injured Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purrington injured   Purrington injured Empty

Back to top Go down

Purrington injured
Page 1 of 1