Quiz question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:34 pm

When was the last time Argyle had an entirely British Isles born squad? I think [although i stand to be corrected] McHugh is the only one of the current squad not to be born in England,very unusual in this day and age,looks like Shez doesn't trust them pesky furriners.May have been back in the Hodges era,couldn't swear to it though.I don't know what made me think of it,just struck me when i was reading the programme today.

How delightfully Aviva.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:45 pm

We finished the game with an entirely English eleven at Bury, after Purrington came on for McHugh. Just one of those funny quirks I suppose that happens by accident.
Back to top Go down

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Argyle have gone all Xenophobic :O
Back to top Go down

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm

I always presumed Alessandra wasn't from these shores ?
Back to top Go down

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:42 pm

At this rate Downthetrack will soon be supporting the Greens !!!
Back to top Go down

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
When was the last time Argyle had an entirely British Isles born squad? I think [although i stand to be corrected] McHugh is the only one of the current squad not to be born in England,very unusual in this day and age,looks like Shez doesn't trust them pesky furriners.May have been back in the Hodges era,couldn't swear to it though.I don't know what made me think of it,just struck me when i was reading the programme today.

How delightfully Aviva.

The Dave Smith 1986 squad?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

How delightfully Aviva.

The Dave Smith 1986 squad?

May have been.Just trying to think who the first "foreign" player was to play for Argyle.Eric Van Russom maybe? I think he was signed during the Kemp era.The anorak in me is itching to look this up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Peta Bala'c or Milija Aleksic must have had traditionally non-British roots and they were about 40 years ago.

In many ways we have mirrored the change in English football. Once upon a time the players in just about every team were almost exclusively British with the odd Irishman thrown into the mix. Gradually black payers became more common in our teams and I suspect that the various West Indian nationalities were represented.

How about Tyrone James?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:59 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Peta Bala'c or Milija Aleksic must have had traditionally non-British roots and they were about 40 years ago.

In many ways we have mirrored the change in English football. Once upon a time the players in just about every team were almost exclusively British with the odd Irishman thrown into the mix. Gradually black payers became more common in our teams and I suspect that the various West Indian nationalities were represented.

How about Tyrone James?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tyrone was the first black player to play for Argyle,although Jack Leslie was deprived of an England cap when the selectors discovered that he was dark skinned rather than white.How times change and much for the better in this case.
Back to top Go down

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:13 pm

The Liverpool 86 cup winning side didn't have a single Englishman in the line up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiz question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz question   Quiz question Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiz question
Page 1 of 1