seadog
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm

It's the price we pay for having the ground location that we have - in a park with a reasonably desirable residential area around most of it's borders.

The Brit's only a 5 minute walk. For all the talk and clamour of a supporters bar open 7 days a week ( which I do hope happens somehow for Argyles sake) there are long long periods that it would be very very empty, speshally when Brents Clusterfuck plans are officially deceased.
Back to top Go down

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Personally speaking I'd love someone to buy the end couple of houses opposite the park on the Barn park/Trelawney Roads corner and knock 'em through to create a pub. Peverell is gagging for a boozer and that would be a perfect location for it. Lady Astor has a lot to answer for.

Where would the pasty van go, FFS?
Back to top Go down

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
According to Google Maps (walking distance and time from club shop)

The Britannia - 0.3 miles - 8 mins
The Cherry Tree - 0.8 miles - 16 mins
Stoke Village - 0.9 miles - 18 mins (I can't think of the name of the closest pub)
The Hyde Park - 1.1 miles - 22 mins
The JSV - 1.2 miles - 26 mins
Raffles - 1.3 miles - 25 mins
The Mannamead - 1.3 miles - 27 mins
The Fortescue - 1.4 miles - 28 mis

To be honest you might as well go where you like and get a cab to the ground if you don't go to The Brit!

Or a Fan Fest which is closest of all (30 yards - 1 min).

As one of the limited walking capability crowd I can assure you even the Brit isn't all that as pub near the ground. Once you have got to HP, milled around in the queues and got to your seat I am usually fooked. It's much easier to get a cab from the plain or town itself, you then get dropped right next to the turnstiles pretty well and costs a fiver.
I have in the past moaned to the disability officer about the parking and how the disabled spaces were first some first served basis, miss them and you have to park miles away, I was told to arrive a couple of hours before kickoff! Shame some of us cripples have to work innit?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Personally speaking I'd love someone to buy the end couple of houses opposite the park on the Barn park/Trelawney Roads corner and knock 'em through to create a pub. Peverell is gagging for a boozer and that would be a perfect location for it. Lady Astor has a lot to answer for.

Where would the pasty van go, FFS?

Where it has always gone - right outside the park gate.

The pub would be on the other side of the road. No problem.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It's the price we pay for having the ground location that we have - in a park with a reasonably desirable residential area around most of it's borders.

The Brit's only a 5 minute walk. For all the talk and clamour of a supporters bar open 7 days a week ( which I do hope happens somehow for Argyles sake) there are long long periods that it would be very very empty, speshally when Brents Clusterfuck plans are officially deceased.

For someone in good health it's a short walk but for somebody with mobility issues it's far too far (as Iggy says).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Pasty and a pint!! Good call. Perhaps Mr Brent's Akeron could do a compulsive purchase order on those corner houses and build a dedicated PAFC pub. Shouldn't cost much....oh, hang on - what's the price of bricks these days!  rabbit
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

For someone in good health it's a short walk but for somebody with mobility issues it's far too far (as Iggy says).

Which is one of the reasons the Far Post club is badly missed by some fans.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Did a plan for a complex with a pub to be built where the vet and solicitor building are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cabal HQ   Cabal HQ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cabal HQ
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2