Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?

Go down 
+19
Graham Clark
Czarcasm
All the Presidents Men
Dougie
X Isle
SwimWithTheTide
Damon.Lenszner
Elias
sufferedsince 68
GreenSam
Tringreen
Peggy
Ballboy1958EGS
green_genie
Rickler
Lord Tisdale
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? Empty
PostSubject: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 pm

A good thread by Graham Clark on the farm  but I wish he would post the same on here

I am sure it has occurred to many others that the game that attracted our highest attendance last season (V. Exeter City) is our first home game in the new season. The current publicly expressed position of the club is that 'on the balance of probability' HHP will have commenced by the start of the season and the grandstand (at least for seated spectators) will not be open. That deadline is only seven weeks away.

In the club's Q&A in the close season reference was made to a three month advance period whereby if works were not to commence then it may be that the grandstand could be used by spectators for a temporary period at least.

Within three months of this weekend we will have had home games v. Exeter, Stevenage, Southend, Wycombe and Hartlepool, pus the Cup game against Leyton Orient. That is a total of six games and the possibility of a seventh (and possibly a lucrative tie) if we get through the Capital Cup First round. That represents around a quarter of the season's home games by 20th September.

On the PAFC Official site I noted the publicity for the Corporate facilities and the Tribute Legends Lounge in particular. No mention is made of any relocation or temporary facilities due to the proposed redevelopment (see link below). I am sure when I originally viewed the link earlier this morning there was a reference to the redevelopment but my recollection may not be correct.

Irrespective of that I really do think the football club should make a clear statement of the future of the grandstand. John Sheridan in his reaction to the fixtures talked of a gate v. Exeter that would not be possible if the grandstand was not open for spectators. We would be restricted to 12,600 less the required segregation with a consequential loss of essential revenue for the club.

For those who have a long association with the grandstand I can only imagine their collective ire if the grandstand remained closed whilst the corporate facilities and presumably the Director's Box remained open. I am sure it will be widely appreciated if they could return, albeit on a temporary basis, to their original seats. We could also then comfortably achieve a bigger attendance on our first home game.

With the signing of Hartley today we are quietly assembling a squad of players capable of genuinely mounting a promotion challenge which will mean, if results follow, in higher attendances and opportunities to increase much needed additional revenue. Supporter optimism is at a peak not seen for many seasons and a substantial number of those supporters have resided in the grandstand for many years. For them and no-one else (I sit in the Lyndhust) I hope the club can make a clear and unambiguous statement on whether, now, in all the circumstances, the grandstand will after all being open for the start of the season. That would be a positive move.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Maybe we sold the seats to pay for Hartley?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:18 pm

I would suspect that the Grandstand will now be left to rot until Brent can find someone to pay for his ridiculous HHP development.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Graham Clark (12:53) wrote:
I am sure it has occurred to many others that the game that attracted our highest attendance last season (V. Exeter City) is our first home game in the new season. The current publicly expressed position of the club is that 'on the balance of probability' HHP will have commenced by the start of the season and the grandstand (at least for seated spectators) will not be open. That deadline is only seven weeks away.

In the club's Q&A in the close season reference was made to a three month advance period whereby if works were not to commence then it may be that the grandstand could be used by spectators for a temporary period at least.

Within three months of this weekend we will have had home games v. Exeter, Stevenage, Southend, Wycombe and Hartlepool, pus the Cup game against Leyton Orient. That is a total of six games and the possibility of a seventh (and possibly a lucrative tie) if we get through the Capital Cup First round. That represents around a quarter of the season's home games by 20th September.

On the PAFC Official site I noted the publicity for the Corporate facilities and the Tribute Legends Lounge in particular. No mention is made of any relocation or temporary facilities due to the proposed redevelopment (see link below). I am sure when I originally viewed the link earlier this morning there was a reference to the redevelopment but my recollection may not be correct.

Irrespective of that I really do think the football club should make a clear statement of the future of the grandstand. John Sheridan in his reaction to the fixtures talked of a gate v. Exeter that would not be possible if the grandstand was not open for spectators. We would be restricted to 12,600 less the required segregation with a consequential loss of essential revenue for the club.

For those who have a long association with the grandstand I can only imagine their collective ire if the grandstand remained closed whilst the corporate facilities and presumably the Director's Box remained open. I am sure it will be widely appreciated if they could return, albeit on a temporary basis, to their original seats. We could also then comfortably achieve a bigger attendance on our first home game.

With the signing of Hartley today we are quietly assembling a squad of players capable of genuinely mounting a promotion challenge which will mean, if results follow, in higher attendances and opportunities to increase much needed additional revenue. Supporter optimism is at a peak not seen for many seasons and a substantial number of those supporters have resided in the grandstand for many years. For them and no-one else (I sit in the Lyndhust) I hope the club can make a clear and unambiguous statement on whether, now, in all the circumstances, the grandstand will after all being open for the start of the season. That would be a positive move.

Sir Francis Drake (11:21) wrote:
Attendance when we played Exeter last year was 13,442.

Capacity with no grandstand is 12,600 (minus segregatione etc).

We might yet see the grandstand in use next season.

Great minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:48 pm

The pig has spoken

I think it will, it would be daft not to open it up if/when the delay is announced
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:51 pm

The segregation issue is a self imposed one.
No other club in the football league has the amount that we have, even at Swansea v Cardiff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
The segregation issue is a self imposed one.No other club in the football league has the amount that we have, even at Swansea v Cardiff.

Quite. Even Citehh V United, Liverpool V Everton, only have a few rows of separation. Why we have a 100 seat wide separation is, quite frankly, baffling!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 am

All power to Dunlop on t'other side.

A lot of people will be very angry if the grandstand is open for the corporates and directors box. Myself included. I will make sure they know about it as well.

Could the Trust please ask some pertinent questions and try not to get fobbed off with politicians bullshit non answers. Difficult I know, but if you don't get a satisfactory answer then ask the question again and again.

This club has debts and needs every pound note it can get it's hands on. To start the season against Exeter with the grandstand closed is NOT in the best interests of the club or it's supporters. To put it very bluntly, it would be stupidity of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 am

Good to see you boys recognising the need to capitalise on your Cup Final coming early next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 am

We need to capitalise on everything now the reluctant one seems to be going shit or bust with Wrathalls £400k!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 10:45 am

Iggy wrote:
We need to capitalise on everything now the reluctant one seems to be going shit or bust with Wrathalls £400k!

That £400k is surely a gonna already - club akin to a seive when it comes to money?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am

Iggy wrote:

At least you had a fan or two prepared to stump up, our leeches have disconnected the club from the fans so much nobody is even interested any more, hence the cap in hand to the PFA while the whole gang is in Brazil to play Fluminese under 12s and Tagg is drawing £50k, Wolfie £50k, Henderson £50k, Perryman £60k and last but most certainly not least Tisdale £150k.

That is close to half the total playing budget.

I may go to a few local games, but there is a fair chance I shall stand in the home ends and hope we lose, it has got that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:51 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

At least you had a fan or two prepared to stump up, our leeches have disconnected the club from the fans so much nobody is even interested any more, hence the cap in hand to the PFA while the whole gang is in Brazil to play Fluminese under 12s and Tagg is drawing £50k, Wolfie £50k, Henderson £50k, Perryman £60k and last but most certainly not least Tisdale £150k.

That is close to half the total playing budget.

I may go to a few local games, but there is a fair chance I shall stand in the home ends and hope we lose, it has got that bad.
PAFC run by fans for Brent.
ECFC run by wankers for wankers.  clown
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:03 am

I think this link should be on this thread, it a follow up on Graham Initial one I posted

Graham Clark on Pasoti wrote:

I agree, Ian which is why I raised the question in the first place.

However, a Plymouth City Council Cabinet report dated 17th June 2014 may help. It sets out the projects that PCC expect to make a contribution to Plymouth's Growth Dividend. Essentially that is the money they hope to receive from completed commercial and residential projects to Council Tax, the National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR) and the like. They are keen to accelerate these projects to improve the financial position of the Council. To make it more easily understood they have published a graphic which highlights the projects and the amount they would raise between 2014 and 2018. The graphic is contained in the link below.

What is most eyebrow raising is that the Higher Home Park development (a £57m project) which would raise significant NNDR is not even mentioned when other projects like the Bretonside project (for 2018) are (and that hasn;t even been submitted for planning permission yet!). Either this is a major omission by PCC or it is a formal recognition, by the Council, of their expectation that the HHP project will not be delivered in the timescale. Interestingly there is no reference to the Civic Centre project either.

Normally such information would not be worthy of bringing to anyone's attention on such a forum as this. However, it is the first publicly expressed and publicly available position of the new Council at its first meeting. It is relevant in as much as the occupation of the grandstand is dependent on the commencement of HHP. Given this publicly expressed position of the Council the Board might now like to comment further on the future of the grandstand and HHP.

(I will put Council link up when the farm come back on line)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:09 am

This is the sort of stuff the AFT should take up the mantle on..

But they seem to be turning into PASB 2.0

It's left to Graham to howl at the moon..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:24 am

I do wonder if any of the HHP plan was going to happen anyway.

I do wonder if any of the Millbay plan was going to happen anyway.

I do wonder if any of the Civic Centre plan was going to happen anyway.

I do wonder if any of the Oldway Mansion plan was going to happen anyway.

I'm looking for an alternative reason that would provide 'benefits' by handing over Council Tax payers money and Council land and property to a relative stranger with no track record for developing anything other than the termination of hotels. But I'm blowed if I can work it all out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:59 am

Maybe Brent has fulfilled a useful diversion and bought everybody some time. When Millbay project was first conceived the gov. had run out of money and was looking at private investors to fund development projects around the country. Enter Brent stage right. He then faffs about for a couple of years until the big boys think that it's safe to come and dabble in the property market again. I bet he feels let down and used.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I think this link should be on this thread, it a follow up on Graham Initial one I posted

However, a Plymouth City Council Cabinet report dated 17th June 2014 may help. It sets out the projects that PCC expect to make a contribution to Plymouth's Growth Dividend. Essentially that is the money they hope to receive from completed commercial and residential projects to Council Tax, the National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR) and the like. They are keen to accelerate these projects to improve the financial position of the Council. To make it more easily understood they have published a graphic which highlights the projects and the amount they would raise between 2014 and 2018. The graphic is contained in the link below.

What is most eyebrow raising is that the Higher Home Park development (a £57m project) which would raise significant NNDR is not even mentioned when other projects like the Bretonside project (for 2018) are (and that hasn;t even been submitted for planning permission yet!). Either this is a major omission by PCC or it is a formal recognition, by the Council, of their expectation that the HHP project will not be delivered in the timescale. Interestingly there is no reference to the Civic Centre project either.

Normally such information would not be worthy of bringing to anyone's attention on such a forum as this. However, it is the first publicly expressed and publicly available position of the new Council at its first meeting. It is relevant in as much as the occupation of the grandstand is dependent on the commencement of HHP. Given this publicly expressed position of the Council the Board might now like to comment further on the future of the grandstand and HHP.

The PCC document is about increases of income to PCC before 2018.

It came to light that JB had negotiated a rent holiday with PCC on behalf of PAFC when he took over, so wouldn't be at all surprised if same would apply to HHP. It never was disclosed if the rate payments were all made on time or possibly made after the allegations of non-payment were made. Might be a valid reason why PCC didn't include £180M worth of developments at HHP, Civic Centre and Millbay in this document.

The alternative is the document was drafted by a PCC dept that is either incompetent or thinks Akkeron are charlatans.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:03 pm

green_genie wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

The PCC document is about increases of income to PCC before 2018.

It came to light that JB had negotiated a rent holiday with PCC on behalf of PAFC when he took over, so wouldn't be at all surprised if same would apply to HHP. It never was disclosed if the rate payments were all made on time or possibly made after the allegations of non-payment were made. Might be a valid reason why PCC didn't include  £180M worth of developments at HHP, Civic Centre and Millbay in this document.

The alternative is the document was drafted by a PCC dept that is either incompetent or thinks Akkeron are charlatans.

Here the document link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Growth Dividend circulated at the meeting.pdf

Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Question if they can use the Tribute Legends Facilities for season 2014/15, which they state on their Official Web site, why can’t the regular supporters who sit in the grandstand also use their normal seats?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Given the cavalier treatment of the ST holders at the back of the Demport when Pasta Verde was introduced / imposed, I'd suggest those in the Grandstand don't get their hopes up too much.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:58 am

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Question if they can use the Tribute Legends Facilities for season 2014/15, which they state on their Official Web site, why can’t the regular supporters who sit in the grandstand also use their normal seats?

A question for the AFT to ask - a quick call from Andy to Martyn....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:52 am

What we need is for someone on the inside to tell us, someone that would describe himself as James's best mate, someone that spends a lot of time with his best mate. I dunno, maybe someone with a stupid looking "I'm not a spiteful scumbag, I'm just a confused thicko" passive avatar to his name that wouldn't play the "I'm with you guys, I'm one of you" card that treats his followers (a Palace supporting cab driver) to a ton of daily bullshit.

I can't think of anyone like that though.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:18 am

GOB wrote:
What we need is for someone on the inside to tell us, someone that would describe himself as James's best mate, someone that spends a lot of time with his best mate. I dunno, maybe someone with a stupid looking "I'm not a spiteful scumbag, I'm just a confused thicko" passive avatar to his name that wouldn't play the "I'm with you guys, I'm one of you" card that treats his followers (a Palace supporting cab driver) to a ton of daily bullshit.

I can't think of anyone like that though.

Peeps. Anyone for a sweepstake, auction, sticker ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:22 am

He knows it's all fooked though Gob, plan Bs and exit strategies are all the rage among owners and enablers it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?   The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grandstand to be open for the start of the season?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next