Dougie
Czarcasm
green_genie
Dane
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 am

According to a construction industry tracker "A contractor will be appointed in May 2014". Or in other words Kiers are off the job   so basically for whatever reason we're looking for someone to build it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:07 am

The one I use says " job on hold "
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Breeze blocks gone up by 5p again?
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Why the feck doesn't Brent and his Kumquats just make an announcement that it isn't going to happen. What does JB have to gain from stringing this out? It's dead in the water. Kaput, over, finito.

Spend 250k on sprucing up the old girl that is the Mayflower, put temp seats back in the lower Mayflower terracing, new signage, etc, then just wait for an investor to come along who has the real interests of PAFC at heart.

This perennial pain has to stop. It's doing untold damage to the integrity of the club , it's standing in the local community and it's supporters.

Once a proud proud club - now a laughing stock on the never ending comedic road to clusterfucksville.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
According to a construction industry tracker "A contractor will be appointed in May 2014". Or in other words Kiers are off the job   so basically for whatever reason we're looking for someone to build it. Rolling Eyes

Kier have only been preferred contractor to date with no contract in place. Would still expect them to be there if JB finds the tenants and then the funding and then completes Planning conditions, which is unlikely to be by end of May.

Meanwhile, the Novotel has been flattened
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Im considering the possibility that the Microstand is definitely going ahead.... but JB is withholding this fact, for his own personal gratification.

He must know there are many people against this development, and he's the sort of cnut who'll get a warm fuzzy feeling from observing the disappointment when the diggers come rolling in, with people having previously gained hope the scheme was a dead duck. Plausible, no?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm

green_genie wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Kier have only been preferred contractor to date with no contract in place. Would still expect them to be there if JB finds the tenants and then the funding and then completes Planning conditions, which is unlikely to be by end of May.

What's planned for the Novotel site? I've heard a drive-thru KFC. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

What's planned for the Novotel site? I've heard a drive-thru KFC. Anything else?

Bulky goods retail for some inexplicable reason with defunct Comet next door.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:31 pm

I don't think I'd ever seen this view or this angle of the proposed development published alongside a Kier press release

http://www.kier.co.uk/press-office/press-release/2013/04-09-2013.aspx
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Brent is quiet because he has nothing to say. I should imagine that behind the scenes they are trying desperately to get tenants signed up, redesigning for a plan A and B. he has too much invested in this to give it up. If he can't get it going then expect a site or sites to be sold with planning in place.
Lucky that we have such an open and transparent owner in place. Has anybody actually gone to see him and ask what is happening, that's what normal people do apparently.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Newell resembling the proverbial church mouse is a good indicator that fuckall is happening any time soon. Which was nice.
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm

I actually talked to a good mate of mine yesterday who has been up until now in favour of getting it built. He said yesterday that he hopes it fails, he is now aware of the school, dentists and the amount of crap being shoehorned in there. He didnt believe me because he thought that I was just anti Brent and that had clouded my judgement. Very Happy 
Postey, Porkey, Brenty you boys are taking a hell of a beating.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

It's a costa coffee drive-thru
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm

On Saturday I sat at the match with someone who follows Argyle - though he doesn't go to every game - & he had no idea about what was planned. He was shocked when I told him about the school, dentist etc. He had assumed the development was going to link around the whole ground with seating to close off the horse-shoe.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:11 pm

I saw a Costa Coffee drive through in Huddersfield last week. Friggin amazed I was. Huddersfield, not Boston (USA)! Outside of the old taxi drivers who frankly are either on speed or nescafe who in their right mind in Plymouth is going to pay 3 quid for a bloody coffee and then come off Marsh Mills to buy it?

They could watch 15 minutes of Argyle for that price!
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
I actually talked to a good mate of mine yesterday who has been up until now in favour of getting it built. He said yesterday that he hopes it fails, he is now aware of the school, dentists and the amount of crap being shoehorned in there. He didnt believe me because he thought that I was just anti Brent and that had clouded my judgement. Very Happy 
Postey, Porkey, Brenty you boys are taking a hell of a beating.

laugh Karma's a bitch, aint it De-Liar?  laugh 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

knecht wrote:
On Saturday I sat at the match with someone who follows Argyle - though he doesn't go to every game - & he had no idea about what was planned. He was shocked when I told him about the school, dentist etc. He had assumed the development was going to link around the whole ground with seating to close off the horse-shoe.

I told my cousin on Saturday about what is planned and he had no idea about the school and dentist. People need to be told this.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm

At last night meeting a few new members of FOCP did not know what was propose in the HHP development.
I was inform that the development in it present form is a non-goer and Brent will try to refurnish the old ice rink to start the Pavilion development. That would cause an uproar because he won the prefer bidder against others because of his new rink at HHP.
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 pm

A big concern must be that when the day comes and we finally lose this wannabe developer bloke, that he leaves us with such a run down stadium that there will be little choice but to close at least the Mayflower Stand on a permanent basis.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
At last night meeting a few new members of FOCP did not know what was propose in the HHP development.
I was inform that the development in it present form is a non-goer and Brent will try to refurnish the old ice rink to start the Pavilion development. That would cause an uproar because he won the prefer bidder against others because of his new rink at HHP.

The existing Ice Rink needs to be pulled down along with the already closed fun pool to allow for the Hotel / Residential block planned, unless they give up on that and just do the half arsed attempt at "Millbay Boulevard". Still think there is potential for another location for the Ice Rink such as Colin Campbell Court or even Seaton Barracks that would allow for a decent capacity mixed use venue.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:09 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
knecht wrote:

I told my cousin on Saturday about what is planned and he had no idea about the school and dentist. People need to be told this.

This is exactly why I recommended that the Trust should inform the wider fanbase of concerns, using all media including leaflet handouts at matches.
I guess they don't want to irritate the fine gentleman  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 am

Timing is everything - with the Bretonside hot brick dropped, missed the boat!! Would never suprise me if not a single brick to be laid anywhere in the city limits!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 am

Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
knecht wrote:

This is exactly why I recommended that the Trust should inform the wider fanbase of concerns, using all media including leaflet handouts at matches.
Tring with all due respect we can't second guess what people do and don't know. If it's in the public domain then it's there for people to look at. That said, I certainly see your point that some people I've spoken anecdotally to aren't exactly fully aware of all the details. I do also think though (and this is only my personal take) that leaflet-handing at this stage wouldn't make the least bit of difference because it seems to me that it's so doomed to failure as a scheme that it'll fall to pieces if we do a thing about it or not.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:28 am

GreenSam wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
knecht wrote:

Tring with all due respect we can't second guess what people do and don't know. If it's in the public domain then it's there for people to look at. That said, I certainly see your point that some people I've spoken anecdotally to aren't exactly fully aware of all the details. I do also think though (and this is only my personal take) that leaflet-handing at this stage wouldn't make the least bit of difference because it seems to me that it's so doomed to failure as a scheme that it'll fall to pieces if we do a thing about it or not.

Famous last words. It is becoming clear that many of the current and potential fanbase are not aware of the implications if HHP does go ahead and indeed, the bigger picture at the club . Leaflet drops at matches is one sure way of reaching most of the hardcore.

Does the Trust want to reach out, inform and lead any resistance, or is it happy to remain insignificant and merely a minor irritant to the reluctant one ?
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Just as well we've had the famous Brent transparency, honesty, bla bla.. to ensure that all are aware of what is going on, being built etc...

Oh wait, that flush was busted what......3 years ago!deadhorse 

So difficult to back a winner eh x-shyte? Wink 

brent worship 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cluster**** Latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest Empty

Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next