green_genie
Dane
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
knecht wrote:
On Saturday I sat at the match with someone who follows Argyle - though he doesn't go to every game - & he had no idea about what was planned. He was shocked when I told him about the school, dentist etc. He had assumed the development was going to link around the whole ground with seating to close off the horse-shoe.

I told my cousin on Saturday about what is planned and he had no idea about the school and dentist. People need to be told this.

This is exactly why I recommended that the Trust should inform the wider fanbase of concerns, using all media including leaflet handouts at matches.
I guess they don't want to irritate the fine gentleman  Rolling Eyes 
Tring with all due respect we can't second guess what people do and don't know. If it's in the public domain then it's there for people to look at. That said, I certainly see your point that some people I've spoken anecdotally to aren't exactly fully aware of all the details. I do also think though (and this is only my personal take) that leaflet-handing at this stage wouldn't make the least bit of difference because it seems to me that it's so doomed to failure as a scheme that it'll fall to pieces if we do a thing about it or not.

Famous last words. It is becoming clear that many of the current and potential fanbase are not aware of the implications if HHP  does go ahead and indeed, the bigger picture at the club . Leaflet drops at matches is one sure way of reaching most of the hardcore.

Does the Trust want to reach out, inform and lead any resistance, or is it happy to remain insignificant and merely a minor irritant to the reluctant one ?

I agree with the highlighted Tring, it was certainly the case for me. But I also see Sam's point, it seems set now to fail so there's little point. Or if it actually does go ahead, then it's too far gone for us to have any implication of making it of better benefit for the club.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 pm

NO IT IS NOT!

The deal is not done because it needs the 1.22 acres and it is yet to be signed over.

Keeping quiet creates the impression that nobody cares and that the scheme is popular and does not need to be improved.

This is not the case: I care; the scheme is not popular with many who have taken the trouble to consider its disastrous long-term effects; it desperately needs to be drastically improved.

They might trot out the "there is no alternative" (and they have repeatedly) mantra but THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

And just keeping schtum means we'll never find out what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:10 pm

What needs to be done then?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 pm

This is the most damning indictment of the HHP plan of all: we probably need to do very little, if anything, because it is collapsing due to its own inherent crapness.

Just remember that every time anybody says it's this or nothing then a) nothing is better (even though in itself it is still a crap option) and b) they are lying because there is ALWAYS an alternative.

Alternatively just laugh at them and let them know that we know that they are taking the piss out of us.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cluster**** Latest   Cluster**** Latest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cluster**** Latest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2