Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !

Go down 
+13
SwimWithTheTide
Greenskin
PatDunne
`rgill
Chemical Ali
Dick Trickle
mouldyoldgoat
pepsipete
Tringreen
Freathy
zyph
Les Miserable
Elias
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Walton sent off for Hartlepool so he'll miss his return to HP on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 pm

1-2 Appiah
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Bloody phoney club.

Humiliating.
Brent out immediately.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Oh how we laughed at relegating Pompey on the final day of the season. Pompey are now one point behind us.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Elias wrote:
Bloody phoney club.

Humiliating.
Brent out immediately.

Now hang on, if Brent goes, what about the poor dancers and dentists?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm

FFS!!!!!!!14!!!!!!!! Shower of shite, wtf has happened? It's almost like the other teams have Sussed out who are three decent players are and are taking advantage of it, who the feck would have thought it? Thank feck we aren't going up or this humiliation would be never ending. Keep the cream and flush the rest, new broom now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 pm

My first game for a good while. It was almost as bad as it gets. Wombles could have been two up before they got their first goal. And they hit the post later on. To be fair, it could have been a draw if their keeper hadn't made an outstanding save in the last couple of minutes. But we were out-fought, out-thought and out-skilled. We were dire. We lacked pattern, consistency, passion, endeavour or ability. Other than that we were good......
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 pm

knecht wrote:
My first game for a good while. It was almost as bad as it gets. Wombles could have been two up before they got their first goal. And they hit the post later on. To be fair, it could have been a draw if their keeper hadn't made an outstanding save in the last couple of minutes. But we were out-fought, out-thought and out-skilled. We were dire. We lacked pattern, consistency, passion, endeavour or ability. Other than that we were good......

.....and what did Sheridan score out of 10 ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 pm

It's probably unfair to pick one player out for criticism but I will.

Blizzard  Evil or Very Mad .... he was awful. He was frequently caught out of position & that led on a number of occasions to goal chances. He was frequently bundled off the ball. He had no strength in the tackle. He was almost always beaten in challenges for headers. In fact almost the only time he won a header was when he was on his own & unchallenged - & even then it was a close thing. His passing was questionable.

The only thing that could be said in his favour was that he was played out of position & most of his team-mates were little better.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Looked forward to this in a similar way to looking forward to a dose of clap.Great strike from Hourihane early on but Wimbledon were the better side and created more chances,no surprise when they equalised,although there was a fairly obvious foul in the build up.Argyle's alarming lack of pace at the back exposed for their second,which ironically came from a breakway following probably Argyle's best attacking spell of the match.They hit the post,Argyle flicked the bar after a shot from Blanchard but you knew that it was a lost cause.Moribund team playing out a meaningless match in front of a bad tempered and impatient crowd [who can blame them],heap of shit really.Big changes have to be made as this squad has proven to be simply not good enough.Sheridan appears to have lost a section of the crowd,whether the changes will be at managerial level or the current manager will be allowed to carry out a total rebuild remains to be seen.Very depressing afternoon-one player who is really worrying me is Luke Young-nearly 100 games now,clearly a talented lad but just not producing it on anywhere near a consistent enough basis.Thought Banton played better today,still not up to last years standards,Nelson was pretty good,Reid and Lewis tried hard on the limited ball available to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

The only players I would have anything positive about were 1) Wotton for playing the vocal captain's role 2) Hourihane for being very sporadically OK (& his goal was impressively put away) 3) Reid for working his socks off.

Allesandra was very good but only in patches.

That's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Sheridan? The buck stops with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Looked forward to this in a similar way to looking forward to a dose of clap.Great strike from Hourihane early on but Wimbledon were the better side and created more chances,no surprise when they equalised,although there was a fairly obvious foul in the build up.Argyle's alarming lack of pace at the back exposed for their second,which ironically came from a breakway following probably Argyle's best attacking spell of the match.They hit the post,Argyle flicked the bar after a shot from Blanchard but you knew that it was a lost cause.Moribund team playing out a meaningless match in front of a bad tempered and impatient crowd [who can blame them],heap of shit really.Big changes have to be made as this squad has proven to be simply not good enough.Sheridan appears to have lost a section of the crowd,whether the changes will be at managerial level or the current manager will be allowed to carry out a total rebuild remains to be seen.Very depressing afternoon-one player who is really worrying me is Luke Young-nearly 100 games now,clearly a talented lad but just not producing it on anywhere near a consistent enough basis.Thought Banton played better today,still not up to last years standards,Nelson was pretty good,Reid and Lewis tried hard on the limited ball available to them.

I'd agree with all of that except for Banton.

I couldn't work out what he was doing. He clearly had been given a roving role between the mid-field & the attackers but that implies being creative & working hard to pick up chances. He ran around to no real effect. He did some nice flicks & one touches & similar but it was mostly dilettante stuff.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I'd agree with all of that except for Banton.

I couldn't work out what he was doing. He clearly had been given a roving role between the mid-field & the attackers but that implies being creative & working hard to pick up chances. He ran around to no real effect. He did some nice flicks & one touches & similar but it was mostly dilettante stuff.

Not arguing with that but i did qualify my comment by saying that he played better,rather than played well.He was definitely getting around the pitch more freely today in comparison to earlier matches but still not getting into the threatening mode of last season.Very strange affair altogether,don't know if he was injured at MKD or just lost self belief but he sure ain't the same player.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 pm

I thought Banton did well, got tackles in and put himself about. But he still looks rusty, with some of his skill failing and his shot easily being picked up by Dons keeper. It was a promising performance by him. Lewi did alright, as did Reid whose shooting today was rather lacklustre. Conor was my MOTM, thought he did well.

For every great pass Young played he put 2 into the feet of the opposition player. Gurrieri was rather anonymous and every time he was on the ball he just did his typical little spin and then pass backwards. Blizzard did alright at CB, as did Nelson, but it was always going to be tough for them when they've got to fill in Wotton's position too. He was absolutely woeful. Sure he can shout about and tell players off, but we may as well play with 10 men when he's fielded. Legs are gone. Parsons, shocking performance. Maybe I'm a bad omen for him, every time I've seen him play he's being feckin useless. I wouldn't give him a contract next season. Cannot see a footballer in him, I'd rather Robbie feckin Williams.

Argyle treat the game as a friendly in truth yet charged us full whack. I can't see many bothering Saturday, I'm in two minds about it. I think they should put a ticket deal on though, 19 quid for a friendly match is too much.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Banton was hands down the best player in our midfield. Wotton's legs are gone. Blizzard was completely out of position.

It was nice and warm today.

For the first twenty minutes, we kept the ball and were looking a good side. We then decided to commit suicide by playing a high line with Wotton and Blizzard in the back four - two of the slowest players on the planet. They scored two indentical goals - one ball over the top to a much quicker striker. That amazing save their keeper pulled off at the end came off his arse - we should have had a clear penalty too - handball. Probably would have ended two all if the linesman was actually watching. The three up front near the end was pathetic though - Showumni, Reid and Morgan were statues. We looked really good in the second half just before they scored - I'd rather have that and watch us lose to be honest, at least it's football.

Banton - excellent.

Last edited by hairy j on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 pm

EVERYTHING needs to change from the very top down.

Starting with Brent.

How do we get rid of him?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Starting with Brent.

Give him lots of money - stupid rhetorical bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 pm

How much is "lots"?

How can we raise it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 pm

[quote="hairy j"]Banton was hands down the best player in our midfield. Wotton's legs are gone. Blizzard was completely out of position.

It was nice and warm today.

For the first twenty minutes, we kept the ball and were looking a good side. We then decided to commit suicide by playing a high line with Wotton and Blizzard in the back four - two of the slowest players on the planet. They scored two indentical goals - one ball over the top to a much quicker striker. That amazing save their keeper pulled off at the end came off his arse - we should have had a clear penalty too - handball. Probably would have ended two all if the linesman was actually watching. The three up front near the end was pathetic though - Showumni, Reid and Morgan were statues. We looked really good in the second half just before they scored - I'd rather have that and watch us lose to be honest, at least it's football.

Banton - "hands down the best player in our midfield"  affraid  I'd only concede that if you agree that he was the best of a very poor bunch. I thought Hourihane was better but by not much....

We did try to keep a high line marshalled by a very vocal Wotton but, as you say, with Wotton & Blizzard with the turning speed of a massive oil tanker we were buggered.

I've saved shots off just about every part of my anatomy (you know what I'm talking about) and what counts is that you were in the way of the ball.

That linesman was indeed crap. But we couldn't see the alleged handball properly. All we registered was the immediate shout from the Devonport End - and we decided they were completely impartial so it must have been a penalty.

If you thought we "looked really good" even for a short period (say more than 10 minutes) there's no hope for you. The saddest case of Avivaness I've ever witnessed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Starting with Brent.

Agreed. Once a parasite is removed health tends to improve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 pm

PS
I've just looked at pasoti's 'man of the match' vote and currently Hourihane is beating Banton by one vote. But, as one of Banton's supporters is young Cobi, I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm

It was handball knecht. I sit inline with the 18 yard box. The defenders hand was extended and he stopped an on target shot. That's the rules.

Banton won the ball over and over again. He was the best of a bad bunch but he'd be a very good player with a good bunch. I didn't mention Hourihane as I expect him to be playing well every game and, in general, he does - that's why he's the captain. With all due respect, I've seen every game at home thus far and believe it or not, that was a good first twenty minutes. The ten minutes prior to going 2-1 down was good too. If we played like that all season, we'd have won a lot of games this season that we've drawn and lost.

The two goals we let in were both long balls, over the top of a static and slow back four. They had little craft but we played with some craft, albeit sporadically in a dull game.

You should have seen us against exeter and york if you thought today was bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Just back home - met mate off train who said it was awful. Great day shopping in Ex, wife sorted so all in the world is fine. We have pissed away the chance we had but the reality was it were shite and a twinkle in the eye of a real football club. To bed me thinks!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:44 pm

If we aren't shown a bit of ambition in the summer, a good clear out and some decent players that are fit to play in league 1 then we will be back to the Macauley days before Stapes and co. took over, crowds of 4500 will be the norm. It's like we are decaying slowly, we had a nice little reprieve around Christmas with a nice little run but other than that the decline continues. I know that anyone can beat anyone but sure as eggs is eggs if we stick with this team next year we are fooked.
Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !   argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

argyle v the phoney team from sw london up the MK Dons !
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next