Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.

Go down 
+26
PlymptonPilgrim
Mapperley, darling
Dougie
akagreengull
zyph
Tringreen
Lord Tisdale
Sir Francis Drake
Elias
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
mannameadbabe
seadog
Czarcasm
hairy j
nzgreen
Dingle
PatDunne
`rgill
All the Presidents Men
mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
hippo
Rickler
Dick Trickle
Flat_Track_Bully
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
All the Presidents Men

The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Bleddy shite, big crowd, poor opposition, big let down, what's new, still, should bring the crowd numbers back down again to justify the mini-stand size, it'll make brenty boy and the jamboys happy.

Well done Webbfeet for doing exeshit's team talk for them, i expect there'll be a full apology in the 'erald tomorrow from you, you wazzock!
Back to top Go down
`rgill

The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Another glorious humiliation,were going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Good result for City tonight, Exeter did well too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Argyle just aren't good enough yet. I feel sorry for Sheridan, and worry he might miss the boat if next season's budget rumours are true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 pm

We haven't got the strength in depth to get playoffs let alone win them, back to the bad old days. I could handle losing well, it does happen but it sounded like we can't hold the ball, we can't pass the ball and we can't convert those chances that sort the men from the boys.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 pm

There were no chances.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Dogs cocks.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Reid hit the ball against the bar in the first half before the penalty. Other than that, Trotman had a header near the end and there was a scramble that coukd have gone anywhere - other than that, nothing.

One team in it in the second half - we were awful. It looked like stage fright. Not one player played well - they were all below par. The referee was excellent, the fans turned up.... Plymouth Argyle didn't.

I don't think any one around me disagreed that we got what we deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 pm

This really is a golden age for Exeter City, it just doesn't get any better than this
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, that was feckin awful. A fully deserved win for Exeter. We created the square route of fuckall.

Football is fuckin strange. We never turned up tonight, as is usually the case when a good crowd show up. Exeter on the other hand were full value for the points and big respect to the 850 who showed up and will remember tonight for years to come.

The one thing that amuses me tonight is that the general Exeter fanbase have shown themselves to be a bunch of spineless poofters who were scared to show up. It amuses me that there are hundreds who would have loved to be there, but were scared. Well, they missed out. Tis loves the term 'pussies' doesn't he? How apt.  Very Happy 

This is their biggest game of the season, every season when we're in the  same division, and I was actually shocked by the fear factor that Argyle have so evidently imposed on them. Those that had the bottle to show were rewarded with great win, and I genuinely take my hat off to them.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

FFS!
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:23 pm

Why is it seen as brave to attend a sporting event? That's pathetic.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 pm

hairy j wrote:
Reid hit the ball against the bar in the first half before the penalty. Other than that, Trotman had a header near the end and there was a scramble that coukd have gone anywhere - other than that, nothing.

One team in it in the second half - we were awful. It looked like stage fright. Not one player played well - they were all below par. The referee was excellent, the fans turned up.... Plymouth Argyle didn't.

Spot on - we never got going.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 pm

hairy j wrote:

Agree with this, if anything we got worse when wotton was substituted- young and hourihane lost all composure and ability to pass a ball. Has Banton ever played football before?

Thought Nicholls (great turn for the second goal set up) and Sercombe were by far the best players on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Argyle couldn't handle the pressure of the big crowd in a local derby and thoroughly deserved feck all out of the match.Didn't actually see the penalty award,dying for a piss and couldn't wait any longer-nothing much was happening,thought i was fairly safe.You'd have thought the goal would have relaxed Argyle but exactly the opposite happened-warning signs were there early in the second half when Exeter hit the post.No surprise when they equalised [looked like a deflection but i couldn't quite see what happened],Argyle did have one cleared off the line with a big scramble ensuing but it was about the only time they threatened.Exeter passed the ball far better and their movement had pace and purpose in comparison to our laboured attacks-can't argue that the winner was ill deserved.Very bad night but maybe it showed that in the long term this current squad is nowhere near good enough in terms of character,depth and quality to even think of surviving the next division up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Just back: FFS (TM Seadog)

We looked scared stiff!! Oh so reliant on Reid, played too much hoof ball, no-one seemed to be able to read the game and move into an attacking position, we gave too much away from poor reading of the game, City played some nice passing, on-the-ground football, and boy did it tell. Wotton, imho added nothing to the game.

Play for the shirt? my ass, pay for your next freakin pay-cheque more like. FFS.

Pissed off? Yep. Promotion via play-offs?  laugh
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Embarrasing failure AGAIN !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:10 am

Hairy's got it right above.

We were second best pretty much all the way through despite the half-time scoreline.

The only excuse I can think of is that we had a long trip to Accrington on Saturday and they were at home. Other than that... Nothing.

They played us off the pitch and deserved their win.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:14 am

Just gone midnight and back in sleepy Sherborne - just where I should have stayed!! Total embarrassment!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 am

Czarcasm wrote:

This is their biggest game of the season,

No, it really wasn't, we took twice as many to Pompey because that was a real big game against a real big club.

This was your cup final, not ours.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
Argyle couldn't handle the pressure of the big crowd in a local derby and thoroughly deserved feck all out of the match.Didn't actually see the penalty award,dying for a piss and couldn't wait any longer-nothing much was happening,thought i was fairly safe.You'd have thought the goal would have relaxed Argyle but exactly the opposite happened-warning signs were there early in the second half when Exeter hit the post.No surprise when they equalised [looked like a deflection but i couldn't quite see what happened],Argyle did have one cleared off the line with a big scramble ensuing but it was about the only time they threatened.Exeter passed the ball far better and their movement had pace and purpose in comparison to our laboured attacks-can't argue that the winner was ill deserved.Very bad night but maybe it showed that in the long term this current squad is nowhere near good enough in terms of character,depth and quality to even think of surviving the next division up.

There isn't enough 'character, depth and quality' anywhere in the club , full stop.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 am

I'm not so sure about anywhere Tringy....

I have always had great service from the ticket office and the club shop. The club shop staff in particular, have gone out of their way in the past to help me out. Nothing but praise for both.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:22 am

Rickler wrote:
I'm not so sure about anywhere Tringy....

I have always had great service from the ticket office and the club shop.  The club shop staff in particular, have gone out of their way in the past to help me out.  Nothing but praise for both.

Furrymuff dear boy. I was referring to the decision makers, advisors, jamboys, bucket rattlers etc etc.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 am

Good grief what a cop-out when the prize was worth taking....I've had better birthday presents....thanks for nothing Argyle.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 am

The team feckin bottled it big time, all this shite from the players about not feeling under pressure for this game. No passion, no commitement, no hassling for every ball like they did against Chesterfield. The whole ground lacking atmosphere, credit to the Exeter fans for being up for it more. Lets be realistic and this not a biased comment it was a poor anti climatic game, Exeter were decidely average as a squad - and we blew it, no leadership even with Wotty on the pitch.
Too feckin angry to say anymore. Rant 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.   The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Devon 'Expressway' Derby, We'll Never Play You Again Match thread.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next