Go down 
+3
Czarcasm
Freathy
SwimWithTheTide
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Goals from last night? Empty
PostSubject: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:20 am

Let me know when you see em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Well here is the first goal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 3:46 pm

The free to view highlights aren't up yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Is there going to be any?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm

They were upload to Argyle Player last night and Sky Sports have them here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Cheers Sam, must have missed them, checked the Sky Sports site probably about 20 times since Tuesday night too.

Last edited by ejh on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Reid's winner was sublime!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 pm

He's looking like the real deal isn't he? Wonder where he'll go in the summer?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Iggy wrote:
He's looking like the real deal isn't he?  Wonder where he'll go in the summer?

Ambititous L2 club or more likely a L1 club

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Iggy wrote:

I think he'll sign for us on a free in the Summer. Especially if we get promotion.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:44 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I think he'll sign for us on a free in the Summer. Especially if we get promotion.

It'd be nice to think so but unfortunately the reality is that there will be a queue of suitors. That's generally the way when a striker scores 20+ goals and then becomes available.

It'll then be an auction for the highest bidder, in terms of wages. Which with Brent at the helm, will rule us out entirely.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 pm

It might be down to Reid wanting to be here - he might actually like being here. I'd imagine he realises that this team is giving him chances to score and he's started virtually every game. We'd be in the driving seat to sjgn him. If Yeovil do go down, they might want him back.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It'd be nice to think so but unfortunately the reality is that there will be a queue of suitors. That's generally the way when a striker scores 20+ goals and then becomes available.

It'll then be an auction for the highest bidder, in terms of wages. Which with Brent at the helm, will rule us out entirely.

Attitudes towards Reid still seem to be rather negative though. Just check the Chesterfield forum and there's plenty banging on about him having a fat arse and making John Parkin look skinny. None of us really know how competitive our wages our, but we were an attractive enough proposition to get Lewi, Morgan and Banton ahead of other clubs - the latter two ahead of teams from the division above. Argyle seem to treat the players well and we're certainly one of the more attractive clubs in the bottom two divisions with our relatively large fan base, pretty decent facilities and decent stadium & pitch. I doubt a club will come in with THAT much larger wages that its impossible for Reid to turn down. I'm very optimistic that he'll be a Plymouth player for at least another season.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
It might be down to Reid wanting to be here - he might actually like being here. I'd imagine he realises that this team is giving him chances to score and he's started virtually every game. We'd be in the driving seat to sjgn him. If Yeovil do go down, they might want him back.

Gary Johnson doesn't want him/doesn't like him. Johnson has shown how stubborn he can be once falling out with a player by offloading arguably their two best players in Upson and Madden just because he didn't like their attitudes. The same with Reid, he's shunned Reuben really. I doubt Reid will want to stay there. Especially if we're both in League One next season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

hairy j wrote:
It might be down to Reid wanting to be here - he might actually like being [i]here[/i]. I'd imagine he realises that this team is giving him chances to score and he's started virtually every game. We'd be in the driving seat to sjgn him. If Yeovil do go down, they might want him back.

Yeah, it's that unbridled joy he shows when scoring that gives that away, innit.  Razz 

It's true possession is 9/10ths of the law and he's obviously familiar with the club and City, but ultimately money talks and I fear Brent won't pay what it'll take to land him perm.

Is his contract with Yeovil up at the end of this season??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I hope that you are right spoly but I fear a walleyed owner like the one at Oxford or Similar will double his wages, small potatoes in the football game and remember no fee as out of contract.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Iggy wrote:
I hope that you are right spoly but I fear a walleyed owner like the one at Oxford or Similar will double his wages, small potatoes in the football game and remember no fee as out of contract.

There's been no budget complaints so far, Sheridan has had very good backing in truth. I can't really criticise Brent on this topic. He has delivered the funds Sheridan required to build a good squad. My concerns and criticisms lie more with the stand.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:51 pm

This is all down to the salary cap.

55% of turnover at £3.8m = £2,000,090

Football Creditor debt = 7% of c. £4m = £280,000

Playing budget = 2000090 - 280000 = £1,810,000 per annum.

How it is spent is up to Sheridan but that's about £38k per week all told.

11 first teamers on £2k each, 11 stand-ins on £1k and 11 kids on £500 just about spends it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Very impressed with Reid's goals, and how he used strength and touch to get himself into those goalscoring positions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:49 am

I am confident Reid will stay.

He is a strong minded and stubborn young man. It took him a long time to fit in here, so he doesn't need that teething process at a new club. The players at Argyle have only just got used to playing around him and getting the best out of him.

Will he want to go back to the Yeovil bench, or test himself at some marginal League One 'ambitious' club, say like Preston or Rotherham?

Reid has been there and done it. And had mixed success, often a lack of success.

Sheridan really understands Reid, knows what makes him tick, and has built a side around him.

I think Reid will appreciate that this summer, and miraculously, we won't have a straightforward case of a footballer a) accepting the highest pay packet or b) signing for the biggest club that comes knocking.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:22 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
This is all down to the salary cap.

55% of turnover at £3.8m = £2,000,090

Football Creditor debt = 7% of c. £4m = £280,000

Playing budget = 2000090 - 280000 = £1,810,000 per annum.

How it is spent is up to Sheridan but that's about £38k per week all told.

11 first teamers on £2k each, 11 stand-ins on £1k and 11 kids on £500 just about spends it.
Surely our youngsters wont be on 25K a year? nor will we have players on 2K a week will we apart from possibly Reid?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 am

I am confident Yeovil won't want him back. Johnson didn't want him the last time they were in League One and he's very strong minded. I think we've got a fair chance of getting him. IF we lose him, I bet it won't be to Yeovil. In League One, I'm certain we'd keep him as it would mean less/no playing budget cuts from the helm. In League Two, I'm a lot less confident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goals from last night?   Goals from last night? Empty

Back to top Go down

Goals from last night?
Page 1 of 1