Dougie
Dingle
Han Solos Other Ship
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

El Presidente SPEAKS: Empty
PostSubject: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Chris \"Chris Webb" Webb wrote:
THE next two home games for Plymouth Argyle will potentially define our promotion credentials as we go head to head with the top two teams in the division.

On Saturday we face Scunthorpe who are on a record breaking undefeated run of 20 games and arrive at Home Park looking to cement a place in the promotion places.

The Green Army, though, are not the type of supporters that worry about the opposition.

We support our team whatever the circumstances.

Almost 1,400 pilgrims at Bristol Rovers last Saturday and amazingly over 600 at Wycombe on Tuesday night believe in this team.

After six long years the beast is starting to stir. After years of facing relegation battles until the seasons end we now sit with a real opportunity of making the play-offs (and for us optimists, maybe sneaking into an automatic place).

This Argyle side is a team that is starting to make us proud.

A good blend of youth and experience, playing the game the right way with every single player recognising that they are privileged to pull on the Green shirt.

On Saturday they need us.

The top half of League two is so close that the final table is impossible to predict.

We have something that no other side in the shake-up have: A crowd that can be the 12th Man.

A support that in both numbers and volume can send a shiver down the spine.

This isn’t just the player’s moment to finally grasp success.

It is ours too.

Ours as Plymouth Argyle supporters and ours as a city.

It is no secret that if Argyle does well, Plymouth does well.

I call on all Argyle supporters, across the generations to make it to Home Park this weekend.

Bring your family, bring your friends, bring your neighbours and bring anyone that wants to get behind a squad of talented players giving 100% for the badge.

There are dozens of United’s, City’s, Rovers and Towns.

There is only one Argyle.

We have the added bonus on Saturday of the match being the Official Armed Forces Day at Home Park.

Plymouth is rightly proud of its military background.

Argyle is very proud of those that serve and protect us.

Events pre-match and at half time are not to be missed as we will pay homage to our fantastic Armed Forces.

Many of you will remember Wembley in '96.

How about the Semi-Final against Colchester which still gives me goosebumps thinking back to Paul Williams diving header?

We deserve those moments again but they are there to be won and taken not just given.

There are no guarantees of success in life but you are guaranteed to lose if you do not try.

Let’s pack Home Park and roar the lads to victory this weekend. GREEN ARMY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chris Webb yesterday

Nope, nothing about resigning there you'll see.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Disappointing - I thought it was his resignation speech.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 pm

I prefer the Trusts version. I wonder if they sent it to the Herald.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
After several seasons of battling against relegation, Argyle find themselves within touching distance of the playoffs.

Manager John Sheridan and his players deserve great credit for turning the season around. After taking just 12 points from the first 13 games, and finding ourselves facing another tough season, we’ve since taken a remarkable 39 points from the next 22. If we continue that form we’ll finish the season with 70 points, unthinkable back in October, and highly likely to be enough for a playoff spot.

But the biggest praise must go to the Green Army. A fantastic 1,398 greens went to Bristol Rovers last Saturday, and 612 made the midweek trip to see us pick up three more valuable points at Wycombe.

The team now needs an equally impressive turnout from the Green Army for the two upcoming home games in just four days as we take on the top two teams in the league, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield, at Home Park.

While there are concerns off the pitch, which the Trust will be discussing at its Board Meeting this weekend, it’s vital we get behind the team on the pitch as they push for that playoff place.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:53 pm

for 'impressive turnout' it should read 'noisy turnout', but yes aft version plenty better
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm

I had an impressive turnout this morning and it smelt a lot like these blubby press releases. In dealing with Webby personally, he's always been OK, a bit of a cynic and fairly level headed but this pomp and bluster is simply an advert for the club - it's PR. I hate PR. Stop it Webby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:21 pm

hairy j wrote:
I had an impressive turnout this morning and it smelt a lot like these blubby press releases. In dealing with Webby personally, he's always been OK, a bit of a cynic and fairly level headed but this pomp and bluster is simply an advert for the club - it's PR. I hate PR. Stop it Webby.

Think it's more PR for Webb tbh.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 pm

I see Mr Webb is less than inspired by the principled men who have left us this week.

Crayfish or foie gras Mr Webb? Mr Wrathall recommends the foie gras. It's such an example of a life force fed but ultimately they're to please the people in power....don't you agree?

BTW could you do one of your stirring working class speeches to help pay off some of these serving oiks?

Don't worry Chris no one saw your other press release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah the Trust never posts anything positive Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 pm

But we can do that *and* keep watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Tim Chown wrote:

lol!

1-0 i'd say.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 am

So basically it's a 'forget all the things I said about Brent, don't worry about the financial situation' post. Maybe he had to post that to keep his position as president. I always find being told to 'get behind the boys' incredibly patronising, especially when the message is mixed with false platitudes like "The Green Army, though, are not the type of supporters that worry about the opposition"

Also, is it just me who hates the '1 sentence per paragraph' style of the Herald?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:13 am

Tim Chown wrote:

I never realised Brian McDermott was an Argo fan.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:43 am

So when IS he resigning?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I always love it when the (non resigning "James is a friend") super fan exhalts his minions to show their support. I think it's time today to get the drummer boy going, roll out the full force of Forze Nerde and the best bit - the two goons waving a flag either side of the goal.
Sheer class!
Thanks El Presidente for telling me how to support my team properly.
Come on you Argo!
Is that ok Chris?
 cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente SPEAKS:   El Presidente SPEAKS: Empty

Back to top Go down

El Presidente SPEAKS:
Page 1 of 1