Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

El Presidente is presiding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

El Presidente is presiding Empty
PostSubject: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 pm

On Pasoti in a rather long winded 'optimistic' resumee, a rather pointless, unconvincing attempt at keeping the troops on board after yesterday's debacle... does Webby's magic touch know no bounds ... he's now decided to turn his all seeing wise gaze onto the football itself and teach us football dummies a thing or two. It's so bad, and so corny, it could be straight out of the Baggo and Cowdrey's word processor.

Anyway, if anyone needs an example of the future 'input' of fans into the club's efforts, just pop over to our country cousins and read the tosh. IJN's having a bash at trying to keep the flagging thoughts going. Let's not have a bad word said about the club now.

Worst quote of all
Quote :
Without a doubt he [James of course] is giving Argyle a wholly disproportionate amount of his time and attention compared to the rest of his companies
Well how grateful we all should be. jocolor jocolor Apart from me wondering what on earth this football naive hotelier can contribute apart from his naked cash, what on earth does this comment actually mean ? If he hasn't the time to run this club then he shouldn't have bought it. It's a child's attempt from someone already concerned that fans will turn on the club. Did Webby really think this car crash could be turned aroun by a couple of new players ?
Excuse the typos, I'm busy juggling a lot of plates
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Nothing wrong with trying to help people to be positive PP.

As I said in reply though, the proof is in the pudding.

In reality, words are just words and it still remains that actions (3 points, 2nd round cup tie etc) speak louder than words.

It is clear to see though that negativity is increasing. That should come as no surprise to anyone seeing the position we are in.

The next four games are really make or break for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:59 pm

It’s good to see his PA jumping to answer questions directed at “our”, El Presidente!

If people cannot see through this charade by now then quite frankly, they deserve the title as "Aviva’s Thickest"!

That's how I see it at least, with every comment Webb is making, he appears more and more to be simply a mouthpiece for Brent!

And why can't Webb call "James", Brent, like the rest of us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:13 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:

It is clear to see though that negativity is increasing.

Yes, and it is healthy that it should hit the surface. I don't believe in the philosophy of pretending everything is OK. The truth needs to be faced so something can be done about it.
This is nothing but an unbridled attempt to keep any flack from the door of an owner who ain't going to put any money at a totally failed football team and manager. That's a disgraceful position for a fan to take with such new owners. It just appears as if he's in his pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Quote :
lets make the most of Bhasera and if the right offer comes use that money to strengthen in the key areas.

Yeah, sure Chris! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

GOB wrote:
Quote :
lets make the most of Bhasera and if the right offer comes use that money to strengthen in the key areas.

Yeah, sure Chris! lol!
Obviously our glorious leaders have advised Brent Baz is a wee gem worth a bob or two.
I don't think he is, but he's bound to be better than most of the others.

So there we have it ... Webby's plan is to sell our best players to get out of trouble. lol!
Didn't Ridsdale start doing that at Leeds ? it's a long time ago, but I'm sure he did.
They also said Leeds were too big to go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:47 pm

GOB wrote:
It’s good to see his PA jumping to answer questions directed at “our”, El Presidente!

If people cannot see through this charade by now then quite frankly, they deserve the title as "Aviva’s Thickest"!

That's how I see it at least, with every comment Webb is making, he appears more and more to be simply a mouthpiece for Brent!

And why can't Webb call "James", Brent, like the rest of us?

103 views before the first reply and that came from one of our very own says it all GOB.

The PA, Lee J and Greengenes are adding their own brand of sycophancy to the thread in order to beef up the war cry.

If El Presidente felt the need for one of his Churchillian statements today then I dread to think what he will have to say if god forbid we go out of the Cup on Tuesday.

The "Avivas" will start to turn and the Lord Haw Haw treatment on Radio Devon will not wash either as it will be in the full gaze of a worldwide TV audience.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm

It's all so desperate and childlike on the farm. A sort of online support group for the terminally tinted, where reality is a dirty word.

We have to get a real lower league manager in now, or we are sunk.

Fletcher's interviews are pathetic. Anybody who can't see he's not the man, is truly Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:
It's all so desperate and childlike on the farm. A sort of online support group for the terminally tinted, where reality is a dirty word.

We have to get a real lower league manager in now, or we are sunk.

Fletcher's interviews are pathetic. Anybody who can't see he's not the man, is truly Aviva.

lol! Aint they just!!

Fletcher " well you know the effort was there.....pause.......you know if we can get a spark from pause ......you know .......the midfield.....our luck will turn...pause...you know bla bla bla.
Still with James Brent cosying up to the Aviva Leadership i can see Fletcher still running the ship in March...of course by then we will already be shaping up for a season of struggle in the Conference.
Never mind .....we could always create a "Conference pie of the season" thread ....maybe Cobi could be the Chief on that one!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:47 pm

"• Two young Centre Halves – Fletcher has seen this issue here and hopefully a very experienced centre back will arrive this week."

Er, what about the CB that was brought in and sat on the bench for 90 mins yesterday?

Anyway, dunno who this speech is for, to be honest. I would suggest that even with HP packed to the rafters with the whole crowd singing and chanting in in unison in support of the team for 90 minutes the team would still get beaten.

On another note, loving that the Twitter plugin on the PASOTI home page now only features tweets from El Presidente, Sparksy and the official club feed. The voices of dissenting tweeters and nefarious hash tags cannot be risked in these dangerous times! No

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:01 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Fletcher " well you know the effort was there.....pause.......you know if we can get a spark from pause ......you know .......the midfield.....our luck will turn...pause...you know bla bla bla.
I think he's taken a leaf out Tisdale's book .... nothing worse than ageing footballers trying to take their time and sound considered and articulate ..... I'm sure I've detected a new athletic 30s something media trained bloke they're all aspiring to be ..... has he been for a few hours coaching ? I haven't seen him on the box, but I would bet there is a lot of lick lipping going on before the pearl of wisdom is delivered with a drawl... uggghhh !!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey pp.leave tis out of this.He can talk prrroopper and is a dapper dresser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I was taken aback at the Churchillian tone. I never really liked it during The Troubles but yesterday it seemed quite unnecessary and over the top. But, unsurprisingly, I am less negative than the posts on here.

He says "in reality some of these players need help and very quickly" (nothing especially insightful there) and then goes on to comment on the players and the team's needs as he sees it. Many people are involved in this sort of "armchair management" - me and some on here included. Why knock him for that? He goes on basically to say it is early days - we were so up sheet creek that it isn't going to be turned around immediately so stay behind the team. I think the most telling phrase was about signings when he said " 2 more will hopefully arrive this week". Doesn't that suggest that from his privileged position he has some knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes? I hope so.

The new signing, who can play at CB didn't come on yesterday as apparently he had a minor muscle tweak. But why let the facts get in the way of a good dig?

As for the suggestion above that he is wrong to call a person he knows by his first name - that's plain silly. As a teenager I knew Paul Stapleton - it was natural of me to call him "Paul". Why not?

The trouble for Chris (oooh - that first name use again. I've never met the bloke. I've exchanged a couple of very open, friendly pms but then he's often called "Chris" on here) is what lots of the posts on ATD, as well as a few on pasoti, have argued is that he appears to be too close to the top table. The risk is that all this support for Mr Brent from Chris could back-fire on him if the new owner doesn't provide the goods. He may have inside information but if those signings don't transpire the mob will start to turn. And maybe rightly so.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:05 am

I don't have a big issue with the way Chris posts. I think we can bring in all the players we want, but our management and coaching team have very little experience- Fletcher, Ro, Wilmot and Nancekivell. Ridsdale and Brent need to bring in a 'Football advisor' as without a change in this area we will go down.

Gary Johnson (who I'm assuming still has a house in Somerset) or Colin Lee (Buckfastleigh) are both available, offer one of them a role until the end of the season and re-assess then. Fletcher can still keep the player manager role (use him as a puppet a la Shilton with McGovern),but at least we can still play Fletcher, whilst having an experienced football manager in the dugout. This should be the priority.

Even on pasoti 65% wanted Fletcher replaced (275 voted) after Saturday's game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Chris Webb is a one trick pony who has been 'promoted' beyond his capabilities in my opinion.

The simple truth is unless we can get a manager in now who knows what he is doing, then we are truly doomed. We need someone with connections, someone who can see the game from the sidelines and make the necessary changes in response to the changing picture on the pitch. Player/Managers are rarely successful. We don't have any money, so whoever we get in needs to be cheap, but wants a challenge.

Perhaps we could poach the Stourbridge manager on Tuesday night, after all they managed to tonk the opposition on Saturday 4-0 in front of 700+. That's the sort of leadership we need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Presidente is presiding   El Presidente is presiding Empty

Back to top Go down

El Presidente is presiding
Page 1 of 1