+2
Greenlander
Richard Blight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Ivybridge players, help required. Empty
PostSubject: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm

A friend of mine spends a lot of time with the Ivybridge youth teams. They are putting together a bid for money from Devon County Council because they need more pitches. They think it would help their case if they can show how many Ivybridge lads or players who have attended Ivybridge Academy have played for Argyle, are currently with Argyle or came through Argyle's youth teams and are now playing for other clubs.

He's not an Argyle fan and knowing I am he's asked if I could compile a list for him. I'm a little busy to be doing a lot of research at the moment, so I thought I'ld ask for your assistance.

Off the top of my head I can think of Joe Mason, please add to the list.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 pm

luke summerfield
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:05 am

Not sure, but didn't Tyler Harvey go to Ivybridge CC?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 am

Matt Lecointe.

I'll be able to get a definitive list tomorrow because one of my matchday buddies coaches the Ivy u-18s and he'll know for sure.

In fact I find it hard to believe that your buddy doesn't know my buddy!

Check yer PMs.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Bit more old school, but James Dungey. Luke Summerfield definitely lived in Ivybridge as a boy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Darren bastow?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
A friend of mine spends a lot of time with the Ivybridge youth teams. They are putting together a bid for money from Devon County Council because they need more pitches. They think it would help their case if they can show how many Ivybridge lads or players who have attended Ivybridge Academy have played for Argyle, are currently with Argyle or came through Argyle's youth teams and are now playing for other clubs.

He's not an Argyle fan and knowing I am he's asked if I could compile a list for him. I'm a little busy to be doing a lot of research at the moment, so I thought I'ld ask for your assistance.

Off the top of my head I can think of Joe Mason, please add to the list.

They dont do to bad with pitches Richard for a small area. They have a lovely pitch for use by U11'-U13's in Sparkwell and the 2 pitches by the Sports Club are good for the U14's-U18's.

And they have a nice pitch for the mini soccer.

I manage in the DJM my club has 2 pitches across 7 teams and this morning we had to line our own pitch as the council done thier usual trick of lining the pitch then cutting the grass removing the lines in the process.(funny enough we were playing Ivybridge wont tell you the score, but im buzzing as much as Sheridan tonight:)

Where there's grass they will build these days!

I dont really know the Ivybridge area, is there alot of grass area's that pitches can be put?, or are they looking to purchase land?, if they are not purchasing land then i cant see how the grant will help them.

Good luck though, im a big advocate for grass roots football and i like Ivybridge as a club.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm

The only ones Ivybridge FC can claim are Tyler Harvey and Luke Young.

The others have all come through Ivybridge Community College.

Either way Ivybridge has been very successful, as a community, in various sports but over to those others who far better than me on that one.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks SFD and the rest of you. There's also two Ist year apprentices, Mason Hughes and Ryan Lane currently on the books from Ivybridge. I've also had one of the trustees from PAST&DT suggest that my friend contacts them with regard to enquiring whether they would qualify for a grant. Which seems an excellent thought.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:08 pm

125+1 wrote:

I manage in the DJM
Fair play to you. Time consuming and not always too rewarding!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivybridge players, help required.   Ivybridge players, help required. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ivybridge players, help required.
Page 1 of 1