Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

new Players Empty
PostSubject: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

quote Darren Purse ‏@darrenpurse4

Plymouth fans. I think there will be new signing/s & I believe we will finish in the play offs this season.

Darren are you dreaming dreaming?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 am

Tgwu wrote:

Plymouth fans. I think there will be new signing/s & I believe we will finish in the play offs this season.

I will eat my Villa Park semi final hat if that happens with Fletcher still in charge.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 am

New signings? The only new 'signings' possible are loan players. And with Argyle that means some youth player from the Championship or L1. The bare minimum required even to avoid dropping out of the football league is 2 x experienced L2 standard central midfielders and 2 x experienced L2 standard strikers. And of course replacing carl the clueless with a manager.
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 am

I've heard on the grapevine we'll be getting another striker in. I hope not as we don't need any more. We need something in the middle of the park resembling a football player.
Back to top Go down
Thai green

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 am

hairy j wrote:
I've heard on the grapevine we'll be getting another striker in. I hope not as we don't need any more. We need something in the middle of the park resembling a football player.

I agree with you about needing someone in the middle of the park, another striker would be useful too, I thought our Fireman showed promise when I saw him play, a pity he has been injured, I hope he returns to lead the line soon, then we can see what he is made of in this league.

Our problem, IMHO, is we have too big a squad already, I believe Yeovil are operating with a squad of 18, if that is ok for top of the 3rd Division ( in old money ) then why are we so overloaded with players obviously not up to it in Division 4 ?

I do hope your 'rumour' is true as we need help to arrest the slide that is there for all fans to see, some will not admit it though.....!

A tough game ahead with Northampton, we have to win, simple as that or the attendance figures will plummet.
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 am

Thai green wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I agree with you about needing someone in the middle of the park, another striker would be useful too, I thought our Fireman showed promise when I saw him play, a pity he has been injured, I hope he returns to lead the line soon, then we can see what he is made of in this league.

Our problem, IMHO, is we have too big a squad already, I believe Yeovil are operating with a squad of 18, if that is ok for top of the 3rd Division ( in old money ) then why are we so overloaded with players obviously not up to it in Division 4 ?

I do hope your 'rumour' is true as we need help to arrest the slide that is there for all fans to see, some will not admit it though.....!

A tough game ahead with Northampton, we have to win, simple as that or the attendance figures will plummet.

I don't hope it's true as I don't think we need another striker. We really don't - we've got loads of them. Midfield is the area in the squad that is lacking in numbers and quality.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:22 am

I think the rumour about 24 players is a bit of a red herring.

How much do you think the likes of Nelson, Lecointe, Copp, Young, Lennox, Penman, Vassell, Chenoweth etc are on? It can't be much - I'd bet that you couldn't pick up a Walton with their combined wage.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am

I've only seen one game in the last year and that was the hammering of boys, plus a shouting Walton and our very own Super Robbie at Oxford. I reported then that Young was the only standout player because of his movement and composure on the ball. An experienced , quality midfielder on his way to retirement, like Nalis, would imo be perfect for Luke's development and that of others.Well worth a proper wage !
The likes of Wotton have never been able to pass themselves ffs !

As far as strikers go, they are at a premium and we have little or no chance of picking up anyone decent on our wages and with our smooth talking manager. At least a decent midfield might produce enough opportunities for our strikers to convert a few.
Maybe Sir Barry could be brought back as a role model, to teach the boys the tricks of the trade as he did with Ebanks........'Use yer fat arse Sylvie baby !'
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 am

Tgwu wrote:

No wonder some fans are going loopy with excitement if Darren is feeding the fish with tweets like this,
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 am

Purse referring to us as 'Plymouth' annoys me slightly, too.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 am

Think Pursey has forgotten to take his reality pill again.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 pm

hairy j wrote:
Thai green wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I don't hope it's true as I don't think we need another striker. We really don't - we've got loads of them. Midfield is the area in the squad that is lacking in numbers and quality.

We might have a lot but none of any quality, hence why non of our strikers have scored in the league yet. But i agree we need a cm.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 pm

The lack of forethought that has been put into this season's preparations are truly dispiriting, whether that blame lies at the door of the manager or owner is a moot (alright Peggy Very Happy ) point.

The need was always there for a midfield "general" and a proper goalscorer and still is. The trouble now is that the lack of ruthlessness in pruning last seasons dross and the piecemeal addition of the young, unproven or injured has bloated the squad and no matter how cheap they may be it has reduced the pot available to address the requirement that was there from day one, suggesting that any additions will be along the lines of what has been recruited so far.

We had the opportunity to build a squad of, say, 18 with a few youngsters of a decent quality to make a fresh start this season. Poor decision making has meant that hasn't happened and another season of struggle beckons...with all the consequences that will bring.
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Recently posted on Chris Errington's twitter - a pre-Burnley interview:

"Fletcher: “We need to bring players in, and we need to get rid of players. That’s what we have been trying to do since May really."
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 pm

knecht wrote:
Recently posted on Chris Errington's twitter - a pre-Burnley interview:

"Fletcher: “We need to bring players in, and we need to get rid of players. That’s what we have been trying to do since May really."

I saw that and i all i can say is.... WHY OFFER SO MANY NEW CONTRACTS IF YOU WANTED TO GET RID OF A FEW PLAYERS!!!
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Fletcher had the opportunity for a mass clear out at the end of last season when six players were out of contract.Trouble is Fletch you re-signed five of them. The squad is now becoming far too big,you have 26 players on the books last time I looked,which is far too big,bearing in mind costs and the fact we dont play reserve team football anymore.means they wont all be match fit.Bringing in even more players will just excaberate the situation.The only way you will get rid of contracted players is to pay up their contracts,nobody wants them.A sad state of affairs all around.
Back to top Go down
swampy

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

That just about sums it Oddball. Think what Pulis would have done in the same position.
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm

For a start wtf was he thinking when he re-newed the contracts of williams and feeney....epic fail
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:17 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
For a start wtf was he thinking when he re-newed the contracts of williams and feeney....epic fail

Likewise, why re-sign Chenoweth, when you are later going to bring in Gilmartin - we did need a back up keeper, but the youth team keeper would have done as 'third choice' if money was tight. Why re-sign Lennox and then later buy PCH? Whether the budget was 'competitive' or not, Fletcher presumably knew how much money he had to play with, and yet doesn't appear to have spent it with the purpose of bringing in quality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:02 pm

How is great news for all supporters mr president that Fletcher says he needs to get rid of players aswell as bring in some ?
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:26 pm

I am reading my tea leaves... there is a vision... yes, some teenager will be signed on a youth loan... Fletcher's latest words of wisdom thanks to his Sherlock like insight - "We need to bring players in and we need to get rid of players" Can we replace twenty players in the next few days?
Back to top Go down

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Warny wrote:
I am reading my tea leaves... there is a vision... yes, some teenager will be signed on a youth loan... Fletcher's latest words of wisdom thanks to his Sherlock like insight - "We need to bring players in and we need to get rid of players" Can we replace twenty players in the next few days?

thats all we will sign is kids on loan which isnt such a bad thing if they can produce the goods but regardless to that they will be hailed as massive signings by a few and we will all be houndedd for being proved wrong as always. Same if Argyle win their first game.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Fletch aint eerrrrm yeah, yeah, nah , nah, very bright y'know ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher is looking to strengthen his squad before Friday's transfer deadline.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

"We spoke to Alex in the summer and we just couldn't get where we needed to for both parties to agree."

If only we did, could be slightly more threatening up front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Players   new Players Empty

Back to top Go down

new Players
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next