pepsipete
Lord Tisdale
Mock Cuncher
Elias
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm

What about if Russia fancies a bit of Finland? They were under Russian control less than 100 years ago
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I read that the USA is to send 600 troops to NATO members in the region. Even though they are there for training purposes, Russia may see this as a provocative move.

NATO are also bolstering troop numbers, war ships and fighter jets in the region. Again, Russia may see this as a provocation [4 British jets have been offered].

Putin has said that Russia is ready to absorb more ''stricter'' sanctions given out by the West.

RAF fighter jets were scrambled,so reports suggested yesterday (Wednesday), as two Russian fighter jets were heading towards the UK, also a British war ship is shadowing a Russian naval vessel near Scotland.

In another development, Dutch fighter jets were scrambled after two Russian bombers (known as Bears) entered Dutch airspace. Dutch military officials stated this was normal ?.

I fear that a conflict between NATO and Russia draws ever closer, and God help us all if that does happen.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Sorry, it was two Russian Bombers (not Russian fighter jets) heading towards the UK (probably Bears)..
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Sorry, it was two Russian Bombers (not Russian fighter jets) heading towards the UK (probably Bears)..

Two Tupolev-95 long range bombers.....known to Nato forces as 'Bears'....just testing Nato readiness and awareness....cold-war ploy from the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Believe it or not, My cousin, who's in the RCAF tells me this is quite a regular occurrence. At least a dozen times a year British jets are scrambled out of various UK basis to warn off these 'bears'

It's just a dick swinging exercise between Western allied forces and it's eastern counterpart, and as Zyphers say's, it's been going on since the cold war days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:10 am

John Kerry this morning.... "we will act". It's all ramping up. Dig out your iodine tablets and start building those nuclear bunkers from the 60's propaganda videos. Oh how I wished I paid attention on how to build them.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
John Kerry this morning....  "we will act".  It's all ramping up. Dig out your iodine tablets and start building those nuclear bunkers from the 60's propaganda videos. Oh how I wished I paid attention on how to build them.  Laughing 
I've my own digger so might start at the weekend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:03 pm

You could rent it out. You'd make a mint - not that you'll have time to spend it before getting vaporised by a Ruskie nuke!!
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:20 am

Grim shit on some websites of people burnt alive. It'll end up with a Russian military occupation. Sad stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:08 pm

hairy j wrote:
Grim shit on some websites of people burnt alive. It'll end up with a Russian military occupation. Sad stuff.

Which is exactly what Putin wants. He's played a blinder.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Quote :
John Kerry this morning....  "we will act".  

laugh 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 5:54 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
Quote :
John Kerry this morning....  "we will act".  

laugh 

Perhaps he meant a walk-on part in Eastenders!! Oi, Kerry, You slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag - leave it aaaaaaaaaaattt.  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The eastern european uprising ?   The eastern european uprising ? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The eastern european uprising ?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4