Czarcasm
Hip Flask
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hip Flask

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Last day of the season we will relegate Pompey saving the Turks in the process, just a little vision of mine, feel free to bump this thread in May.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm

That would be sweet. I think they'll pull clear of any trouble tho', more's the pity.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

i cant see Pompey going down
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 am

They'll stay up and win this dog shit division next season by miles
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 am

If Pompey stay up they will tear up this division next season.
Us on the other hand..............................................
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 am

Freathy wrote:

You said the same for this season.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 am

Christ not sure I fancy all that being on the game - meeting 3 Skates behind enemy lines that day!! drunken 
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:14 pm

I'll probably go to the Pompey game as said previously I would love to do Torquay a favour by beating them.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:24 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
If Pompey stay up they will tear up this division next season.
Us on the other hand..............................................
Why's that Punchy ? Just like us, their debts will not have disappeared.
I would imagine they're down here for the duration, to be milked as a dead man walking to service their ex-owners, just like Argyle.
As long as they think they can stay in the league then that is all that matters to the creditors. Reasonable crowds can then service the debts to a set minimum, with little outlay on the football.
Not everyone does a Southampton. Sheffield Wednesday are still battling way way below their normal weight due to the debts they are servicing.
I see it as a modern day debt bondage similar to that legally exercised over indentured servants in bygone days that many would like to bring back..
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Freathy wrote:

Keep the predictions coming  lol! 
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Keep the predictions coming  lol! 

hey fancy talking about argyle instead of defending pasoti cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You said the same for this season.
Beat me too it!
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm

How the hell the bookies made them up with the favourites is anyone's guess, absolutely no reason why they will turn this season around or the next. They will be close to the bottom for sure, looking forward to the away game, never been up there before.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:29 pm

I'd imagine loads of Portsmouth fans put money on them and this shortened the odds. Logic, sorry.

They're not too disimilar to Luton. Luton used to be a top flight club when I was a nipper.

I'd rather they didn't go down - it was a decent home crowd and we rarely see more than a coach load in the away end.
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Fair point, they did bring a lot down, always a game to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Sheffield Wednesday are still battling way way below their normal weight due to the debts they are servicing.

Are they?

Shirley all the debts went West when Mandaric bought them out of administration, I believe the Co-op took a £30 million haircut.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 pm

No one knows how much Mandaric agreed with the Coop. The deal was confidential. Figures quoted are guesses. It is bound to be more than the 8 to 13m  being bandied around.

The point is they're a Premier sized club that have been yoyo ing between the CCC and L1 for the whole of the millenium, struggling with large debts. Even now, under Mandaric they have been struggling for a couple of seasons to avoid another drop to L1. They will only get out of the cycle if Mandaric takes a punt and piles further loans on what the club already owe him from his purchase. They're lucky to now have someone who might take the gamble. That won't be happening here or at Portsmouth. Portsmouth or Argyle haven't got the support that Wednesday do. Pompey's liabilities must be huge. Contrary to popular myth, these huge debts just don't vanish with admin. Most are just re scheduled to give a workable balance sheet... a bit like UK Plc.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:32 am

I'd absolutely love it going into that game if we needed to win to go into the top 7 and they needed a win to stay up. Would be electric.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 am

For me it would be to send them down and keep the Turks up.
If of course it also meant us finishing in the top 7 then that would be the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:50 am

Winter Green wrote:

The point is they're a Premier sized club that have been yoyo ing between the CCC and L1 for the whole of the millenium, struggling with large debts. Even now, under Mandaric they have been struggling for a couple of seasons to avoid another drop to L1. They will only get out of the cycle if Mandaric takes a punt and piles further loans on what the club already owe him from his purchase. They're lucky to now have someone who might take the gamble. That won't be happening here or at Portsmouth. Portsmouth or Argyle haven't got the support that Wednesday do. Pompey's liabilities must be huge. Contrary to popular myth, these huge debts just don't vanish with admin. Most are just re scheduled to give a workable balance sheet... a bit like UK Plc.

I rather think the point is that they are not in fact struggling with huge debts as you suggested and yes sometimes the huge debts do vanish with Admin, in the case of Wednesday Mandaric got himself a nice deal while the Co-op took a real pounding, the level of serviced debt carried forward was insignificant compared to the ongoing cash situation of the company, Pompey is completely different in so much as the structure of the takeover needed to accommodate a wad of thieving basts with their snouts in the trough.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Again. The amount of debt now owing to Mandaric is unknown. It hasn't been officially published. My own personal opinion/guess, including further debts racked up since his takeover ? £20m
I originally said :-

Sheffield Wednesday are still battling way way below their normal weight due to the debts they are servicing. wrote:

They escaped relegation on the last day last season. They're struggling again this season. Sounds like they're still well below par on my planet.
Very interesting that the now reasonably wedged Wednesday Fans' Trust weren't persuaded to get involved in this particular takeover.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Whilst the potential scenario sounds exciting
it will also be squeaky bum time. I was there in 87 when Summerfield scored the winner on Easter Monday. Our car took a brick on the way out of town.

I'll be there though meeting a Pompey mate for a few beers beforehand.
Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Whilst the potential scenario sounds exciting
it will also be squeaky bum time. I was there in 87 when Summerfield scored the winner on Easter Monday. Our car took a brick on the way out of town.

I'll be there though meeting a Pompey mate for a few beers beforehand.

I was in a transit that got bricked as well, the first guy that tried it threw half a brick which bounced off the window and hit his mate in the head, we were pissing ourselves when the next one came through, those were the days.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Again. The amount of debt now owing to Mandaric is unknown. It hasn't been officially published. My own personal opinion/guess, including further debts racked up since his takeover ? £20m

Your guess, based on what exactly?

Mandaric will be running the club just like Brent, to the budget, unlike Brent he has invested with a view to selling the huge club to whichever over wadded, dumb ass, muppet comes up with the first decent offer. He is not encumbered by the debt so neither is the club, the best chance of a stupid big offer is with them in the Championship, they are 9 points clear of the drop at the moment and on a bit of a roll so no pressure there. The money the club owes Mandaric is not an issue, it stands him in at a far lower value than it is worth and he is under no pressure to repay his external funding.

He has about as much need to pay even lip service to the Trust as Brent.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:54 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I'd absolutely love it going into that game if we needed to win to go into the top 7 and they needed a win to stay up. Would be electric.

Heh heh heh, dream on sucker, a win for the play offs? I'd love an eighth of whatever you have been smoking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Relegate Pompey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relegate Pompey!   Relegate Pompey! Empty

Back to top Go down

Relegate Pompey!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next