Mock Cuncher
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 am

This would usually represent real progress.

However the 8 point gap between 7th (the business spot) and 8th (might as well be 22nd) is the real crux.

There are a lot of turd teams from Newport probably down to Mansfield who are waiting for one of the top seven to plummet. Even if one of the top seven do so, that gives us about a 1 in 10 chance of being the team who takes their place. And the best player of our season Lavery is no longer here.

So just write this season off, then. See you at Pompey.  jocolor jocolor jocolor 
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:27 am

Hope all pompey twats got stuck after all the train lines were knackered yesday
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 am

We are going to win the playoffs foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am

We're shitter than the top 7 and better than the bottom 7 or so. Giddy heights of 10th are most we can hope for for me Clive.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 am

Hopefully we can really kick on and secure 8th.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 pm

I'd say we're at the stage now where relegation is pretty much an impossibility and the play-offs whilst not quite impossible are highly improbable. We should go all out for it until it's impossible though.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Newport have to win all those games in hand.

You never know. It could happen. 10 wins in this league from the remaining games is possible.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 pm

We need to continue our current form or better basically until end of the season. Definitely outsiders but who knows if we can secure a good loan striker.

If Argyle look like they in with a sniff then there will be one or two 5 figure gates HP before the end of the season.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Reid's scored 14. That's probably two seasons worth of goals compared to what we have. He'll get 20 this season. Allesandra's doing well too considering he isn't a striker. I have a sneaky feeling we might close the gap.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 pm

There are only 5 sides in the division that have conceded fewer goals than us - all above Argyle in the league. BUT there is only one side who have scored fewer & they are bottom.

It's clear that if we had had another goal-scorer to complement the goal-machine that is Reid we would have been even higher than we are. Reid's 14 goals at this stage of the season are excellent. At this rate he may even break 20. Lavery looked the business. If we could get him back then who knows ...... but I agree with Sam that it's highly improbable.

As for 5 figure gates in this division that would certainly challenge the "new stand is big enough" surrender monkeys.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 pm

hairy j wrote:
Reid's scored 14. That's probably two seasons worth of goals compared to what we have. He'll get 20 this season. Allesandra's doing well too considering he isn't a striker. I have a sneaky feeling we might close the gap.

With Lavery we were complete. We looked dangerous, had pace power and teeth up front. We were one of the best sides in the division.

Without him we have gone back to looking ordinary as soon as Reid has an off day.

On paper Banton could have provided the difference that Lavery did, but he is not even the best player in Argyle's team, let alone on the pitch, as he consistently was last season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:57 pm

10th ! ? What a triumph (sic).
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:03 pm

ejh wrote:
hairy j wrote:

With Lavery we were complete. We looked dangerous, had pace power and teeth up front. We were one of the best sides in the division.

Without him we have gone back to looking ordinary as soon as Reid has an off day.

On paper Banton could have provided the difference that Lavery did, but he is not even the best player in Argyle's team, let alone on the pitch, as he consistently was last season.

I have notion that Lavery could be back in two to three weeks time
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 pm

I'd consider 10th pretty good going at this point, 8 points to make up in 17 matches isn't impossible and I wouldn't even say its that improbable considering we're still to play a few of the teams in the positions we're looking to nab. Oxford again dropped points yesterday, as did Scunthorpe, Chesterfield, Southend and Dagenham & Redbridge. Plenty of time for a lot to change.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 pm

spowell92 wrote:
I'd consider 10th pretty good going at this point, 8 points to make up in 17 matches isn't impossible and I wouldn't even say its that improbable considering we're still to play a few of the teams in the positions we're looking to nab. Oxford again dropped points yesterday, as did Scunthorpe, Chesterfield, Southend and Dagenham & Redbridge. Plenty of time for a lot to change.

The gap between the play off zone is too great, i don't think i have ever seen a season where at this stage in February there is an 8 point gap between those in the play offs and those chasing it.

Rochdale,Burton, Fleetwood seem to be too boringly consistent to spunk away an 8 point gap

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Most have beaten us already. 17 points is insermountable for this team.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Yep that's how it is, the twats will be the fist to moan when they are asked to pay rip off car parking fees outside the ground courtesy of that fine upstanding company N.C.P. as arranged by the reluctant bidder (just an example). jocolor 
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Beating northampton is not a Mural worthy moment, looking on the bright side i think relegation will be avoided for this season at least. sunny
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 pm

akagreengull wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Yep that's how it is, the twats will be the fist to moan when they are asked to pay rip off car parking fees outside the ground courtesy of that fine upstanding company N.C.P. as arranged by the reluctant bidder (just an example). jocolor 

No.

Because most of the "twats" posting in that thread will have their own parking spaces anyway, alongside their private seats in the corporate shelf.

Wankers
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm

There's only one James Brent.

PMSL.

There was only one Fat Dan too, whose Argyle consistently found themselves loitering in mid table in the 4th Division...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

The gap between the play off zone is too great, i don't think i have ever seen a season where at this stage in February there is an 8 point gap between those in the play offs and those chasing it.

Rochdale,Burton, Fleetwood seem to be too boringly consistent to spunk away an 8 point gap

It's not that great considering the length of time we have to recover that points difference. Certainly the teams on the better side of the gap will hold greater confidence in retaining their positions, but I have a feeling 1 or 2 of the teams currently in the play off positions will drop out. As I pointed out, 5 of the 7 teams there dropped points yesterday. Before that 5 of them dropped points in the week previous. 4 in the week previous to that. We've not capitalised on that with too many draws of late, but if we can up our form and those above continue to drop points as they have done then there is no reason why we can't make play offs. I don't think they're out of sight at all.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 pm

spowell92 wrote:

Here we go again!

To make up 8 points we have to win 3 in a row. The problem being that in those 3 games the target will have moved. If I guess they manage WDL then we need another win. That's 4 in a row. From that point, if 4 wins is enough, we have to match or better the 7th placed team which will probably need 4 from every 6 points for the rest of the season (maybe slightly fewer and something like 7 from every 12). So that's us unbeaten for the rest of the season and a run of 5 consecutive wins in there somewhere.

Alternatively last season 68 pts would have secured 7th place. We have 39 pts from 29 games. Meaning we need 29 points from 17 games. So 10 wins. Or W9 D2 L6. Or W8 D5 L4. Or W7 D8 L4. Or W6 D11 L0.

Certainly not impossible but I will not be beating a path to the bookies to place my bet on it happening.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:54 pm

finishing in the 8-12th region in the league in may would be a fantastic achievement and should be a clear enough signal for the board that Sheridan can get the club promoted next season and give him an increase in funds.
Back to top Go down

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 pm

One of the interesting things is that we play a number of the sides above us before the end of the season. I don't think we will do it but you've got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true.

If Jock was still about he would tell us what bet was worth placing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

10th in February Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10th in February   10th in February Empty

Back to top Go down

10th in February
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next