+3
pepsipete
Jethro
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

football manager 2014 Empty
PostSubject: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Rant Evil or Very Mad 
way too hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:54 pm

I gave up at FM2011.............consumes your life.  red card 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 pm

at least in fm2011 and its follow ons you can actually win games, this latest offering is good with graphics but feckin awful and a step backwards when its comes to being able to win a few and get players hooked, absolutely horrendous and probably harder then it is in reality, making simple shit hard springs to mind.
the tactics download is the hardest of them all , can anyone actually tell me how the tactics download actually works because fm2014 fails miserably im my book?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Well i thought they were starting to overcomplicate in FM2011 with all the training, tactics, scouting, matchday preparation FFS it was taking an hour to play one match. Are you saying there's even more new stuff in this latest version ? i suppose you can even give the team captains wife a good rogering in FM2014.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Err....6th in the CCC.

/nerd.

Hourihane, Purrington and Nelson the only survivors.

First season, sign David Healy ffs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Well i thought they were starting to overcomplicate in FM2011 with all the training, tactics, scouting, matchday preparation FFS it was taking an hour to play one match. Are you saying there's even more new stuff in this latest version ? i suppose you can even give the team captains wife a good rogering in FM2014.   Razz 

They've taken away some of the stuff , but at the same time made the match instructions more vague, which in short has made the whole feckin thing near by impossible to win a game ffs.
Classic example argyle lose 4-1 in a pre -season friendly with a strong first team squad away to feckin Bideford ffs.. i mean come on!!?
Folk are supposed to take this game seriously ffs
Sega have excelled themselves this time...not.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:27 pm

its not hard its just your crap lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Err....6th in the CCC.

/nerd.

send me your tactics, training programme, coaches...everything.
this game is sapping my will to live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Err....6th in the CCC.

/nerd.

set the team to play control/attacking your choice and you should start winning games

-----gk-----
----------df ---df-------------
WB ------- dm----------WB
---------CM---CM-------
------------AM-----------
-------TM---------AF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

I've been publicly ridiculed for playing videogames and then this thread hits the forum - pretending to be a football manager on a computer. Holy shitballs, how sad.

Do you lot do pretend press conferences?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:47 pm

hairy j wrote:
I've been publicly ridiculed for playing videogames and then this thread hits the forum - pretending to be a football manager on a computer. Holy shitballs, how sad.

I wear a suit to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 pm

hairy j wrote:

one game compared to sitting pretending to a alien warrior, or a racing car driver or a super bad driver in san angels
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:02 pm

I played this once............. Soon got fed up with it. red card 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 pm

I spend hours playing Railroad Tycoon
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Angry wrote:
hairy j wrote:

one game compared to sitting pretending to a alien warrior, or a racing car driver or a super bad driver in san angels

and then joining a video game forum !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 pm

dont forget the fanvids for youtube set to falloutboy songs

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 pm

What you guys need is a decent flight simulator  laugh 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Err....6th in the CCC.

/nerd.

Healy and a ex Spurs striker called Zapata, with Harvey (who becomes excellent) should be enough goals to keep you in a job in the first season, although Healy basically dies after the first year. Morgan and Reid are shitters on the game so I ignored them and released them. Then I based my signings around cheap young irish centre halves and this wunderkind who I picked up from Loughborough Uni who is still only 21 and will leave me soon no doubt.

I play 3 at the back, two dm's in front of them, then two wide midfielders with either 2 behind a striker (3-6-1) or one behind two. Fluid + Attacking because it's a game and if I can't relive the dream in a game then when can I.

I'm a bit cba in that I'll sign and assign coaches but I won't bother doing training, pre-match talks, friendlies or basically anything except for the transfer windows and then matches (tho apart from subs I'm not great at changing tactics either)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:22 am

Moderator 2014 for me, it's got everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Err....6th in the CCC.

/nerd.

Healy and a ex Spurs striker called Zapata, with Harvey (who becomes excellent) should be enough goals to keep you in a job in the first season, although Healy basically dies after the first year. Morgan and Reid are shitters on the game so I ignored them and released them. Then I based my signings around cheap young irish centre halves and this wunderkind who I picked up from Loughborough Uni who is still only 21 and will leave me soon no doubt.

I play 3 at the back, two dm's in front of them, then two wide midfielders with either 2 behind a striker (3-6-1) or one behind two. Fluid + Attacking because it's a game and if I can't relive the dream in a game then when can I.

I'm a bit cba in that I'll sign and assign coaches but I won't bother doing training, pre-match talks, friendlies or basically anything except for the transfer windows and then matches (tho apart from subs I'm not great at changing tactics either)

Cheers Mock and Angry,
Ill give this a try later on after the game, i couldn't do any worse then what im doing at the moment to be fair.
Ill keep you posted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Angry wrote:

I've not played a COD game for about five years - I hate FPS games other than half life.

It's a bit hilarious though to be called out as a nerdy weirdo by football manager players - major lols.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:32 pm

hairy j wrote:
Angry wrote:

I've not played a COD game for about five years - I hate FPS games other than half life.

It's a bit hilarious though to be called out as a nerdy weirdo by football manager players - major lols.

my bad its world of warcraft thats the hip game for guys approaching their mid life krisis. I hear you like to be called the undateables
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Nerdy weirdos n freaks n all that jazzymatazz. No one on the internet is cool imho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:54 am

I've never played World of Warcraft either - I've played Elder Scrolls but that's a bit different.

Last three games played

Rayman Legends - a lush 2D platformer
Lego Lord of The Rings - played with the kids in co-op
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - as it wa s super cheap on xbla recently

There's nothing weird or nerdy about videogames - the videogame industry made more money last year than films/cinema.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Well ive just beaten Cheltenham 4-3 away using Angrys tactics, was 4-1 up at one point so maybe not the best tactic for away games, will keep using it for the next few games and see how i get on.
Mock was right about Healy 2 goals in his first game !!! lets hope he keeps it up.
So 7 games in and got the first win.
Whos this Zapata fella? typed his name into the game search engine and about 7 or 8 Zapatas come up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

football manager 2014
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next