Jethro
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

football manager 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Is Football Manager what used to be called Championship Manager back in the late 90's?  scratch 

If so, I stopped playing it about 2000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Is Football Manager what used to be called Championship Manager back in the late 90's?  scratch 

If so, I stopped playing it about 2000.

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:48 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Well ive just beaten Cheltenham 4-3 away using Angrys tactics, was 4-1 up at one point so maybe not the best tactic for away games, will keep using it for the next few games and see how i get on.
Mock was right about Healy 2 goals in his first game !!! lets hope he keeps it up.
So 7 games in and got the first win.
Whos this Zapata fella? typed his name into the game search engine and about 7 or 8 Zapatas come up.

its best once your winning by 70min mark to which the teams mentallity to contain and put on an extra defender for a striker when away from home.

Carefully with Healy though as when your game update via stream he will go as he has retired. Nicholas Bignall is another freebie who scores for fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Thumbs 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Healy injured after 2 games, and Bignall signed 4 oxford.
Bastard, this game is pre-designed to screw the player over.
Any other quality strikers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Is Lavery on there ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

ill find one or two names but scout scotland (if your running with the scottish leagues in background) as that has a number of cheap players who become ace keaghan jacobs being one.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Zapata. He's 18 or 19 I think an free as well. I cant for the life of me remember his first name tho!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Frank Zapata afro  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Is Lavery on there ?

I have Lavery in on loan, distinctly average
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Are you playing it now?

WTF you should be here at the sharp end in the mod room sorting things out!  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am

Was contemplating getting the new FM but think the fiance will kill me (under the thumb most certainly)

Anyways I have dug this little beaut out from The Mirror. Such memories (though dissapointed they have missed out on the Swedish legends Selakovic and Hansson)

Carl Cort for World Beater
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Right.... i intended to have an overhaul of my first team staff by terminating the contracts of 2 of my coaches by mutual consent, no problems there so far. Went on to find 2 unemployed replacements with superior statistics to their predecessors,offered them contracts, agreed on contracts yet as soon as they were about to sign the board vetoes the signings due to me having enough staff as it is (this is after i have just sacked 2 of them!) Very strange i thought.
My next step was to go to the board and ask for extra first team coaching staff to which they begrudgingly agreed to a maximum of 4, great i thought, goes through the process again of getting my 2 replacements to agree on contracts ..but again as soon as they are about to sign the same thing happens!!!! even after the board has agreed to my requests for extra coaches. I have tried 3 times to get extra coaches in now without success, i even tried offering first team coaching slots to 2 of my under 18,s staff...same thing again! I now have only an assistant manager with crappy stats,a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach running training for the entire first team squad.
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Anyone else had this problem?
Anyone have any solutions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Get a book on C++, and change the rules. You'll be ruling Europe in no time.

Don't dig, just supply the shovels, or better still, just buy some wilderness for nothing and flash your gold teeth.

Wear a Fedora and call yourself Malcolm.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Right.... i intended to have an overhaul of my first team staff by terminating the contracts of 2 of my coaches by mutual consent, no problems there so far. Went on to find 2 unemployed replacements with superior statistics to their predecessors,offered them contracts, agreed on contracts yet as soon as they were about to sign the board vetoes the signings due to me having enough staff as it is (this is after i have just sacked 2 of them!) Very strange i thought.
My next step was to go to the board and ask for extra first team coaching staff to which they begrudgingly agreed to a maximum of 4, great i thought, goes through the process again of getting my 2 replacements to agree on contracts ..but again as soon as they are about to sign the same thing happens!!!! even after the board has agreed to my requests for extra coaches. I have tried 3 times to get extra coaches in now without success, i even tried offering first team coaching slots to 2 of my under 18,s staff...same thing again! I now have only an assistant manager with crappy stats,a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach running training for the entire first team squad.
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Anyone else had this problem?
Anyone have any solutions?

Jamie Redknapp is ace as an assistant manager. Strange as that sounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:28 pm

I'd be surprised if he's prepared to join Argyle...........i presume you're managing Argyle Punchy  jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
I'd be surprised if he's prepared to join Argyle...........i presume you're managing Argyle Punchy   jocolor 

He joins anyone so its sorted on that front and he is cheap unlike his dad lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
I'd be surprised if he's prepared to join Argyle...........i presume you're managing Argyle Punchy   jocolor 

The problem is the board wont let me take on extra coaching staff, my frigging under 18,s staff is larger then the first team staff ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Scrap it mate, it's taking over your life.  geek   Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

The problem is the board wont let me take on extra coaching staff, my frigging under 18,s staff is larger then the first team staff ffs

sack them  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Healy is a right injury prone crock, out again for another 2 months after just coming back of an injury.
Your tactics are a bit hit and miss Angry !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Right this game is officially breaking me.
Angry ive tried your tactics, won 1 drawn a couple and lost flippin loads of times, likewise with Mocks.
Ive tried changing tactics, tweaking positions ,tweaking instructions,in game instructions,you name it,even sticking with the same instructions and tactics for a few games to see if that works all to no avail.
21st in league 2 with the worst defensive record in the division, the game stats say it all,shots against at least doubling my own in almost every game, likewise with the possession stats.
On the rare occasion when i win a game its always by a single goal margin. Healy is decent but is always injured and consequently it is a nightmare getting him match fit again, the only other decent players in the squad are Young, Nelson and trotman, the rest are pure gash including Luke Mccormick.
Ive played almost all of the versions of FM before and had a measure of success in each one of them, but this version seems to take the biscuit, its flipping hard as nails!!
Just don't know where to start, it seems the game engine is deliberately engineered to screw the player over.
Utter bollocks  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Argyle are shit thou try managing a good team you might have better luck Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Angry wrote:

I could be getting the sack soon anyway, the problem is in FM its hard as nails trying to get another job (even in non league)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:03 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

I could be getting the sack soon anyway, the problem is in FM its hard as nails trying to get another job (even in non league)

set your exp higher to pro.internatioal an you will be fine,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: football manager 2014   football manager 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

football manager 2014
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next