Czarcasm
pepsipete
Lord Tisdale
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:08 am

Just watching Sky news and the various local weather reports. Can you believe these wankers having, what they deem a laugh, by dodging these feking huge waves breaking over the sea defences?

Year after year after year - do people not learn?  confused 

That is all. Back to my porridge.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:45 am

they are idiots pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Angry wrote:

They're having fun, pure and simple, the only caveat I would introduce would be to ensure that when they did get swept into the sea they were left to their own devices.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Much the same as tomb stoning and for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:

They're having fun, pure and simple, the only caveat I would introduce would be to ensure that when they did get swept into the sea they were left to their own devices.

Foreshore.

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:

if they find excitement over waves than they can go join seadog out on the ocean waves and see some real big ones. Bringing a surfboard is encouraged.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:

Come now Tiddles. Are you saying that those that put themselves in harm's way should be refused emergency help and healthcare ?
Does the same apply to those that smoke ?
Does the same apply to anyone playing contact sport ?
Does the same apply to those that suffer heart attacks due to the stress they put themselves under at work, even though they've been told they'rerunning a huge risk ?
Does the same apply to those who gratuitously have a BMI 20% over the accepted norm ?
Does the same apply to those involved in car accidents where they have been driving badly ?
Does the same apply to those that drink more alcohol than the government unit advice ?

It's a slippery slope out there. Just who does qualify for health care free at the point of delivery in your brave new world ? Just who actually deserves to be helped at all apart from you and yours obviously ? Just asking. I would be genuinely interested in your list of those that qualify, and those that don't. Feel free to include your favourite subject if you wish. ATD appears to have no problem with anything said.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm

The unwritten rule of the sea is that you will go out of your way to help another mariner in trouble, it may even be written as well.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Iggy wrote:
The unwritten rule of the sea is that you will go out of your way to help another mariner in trouble, it may even be written as well.

at sea??? behave iggy you know full well it would be in the form of a sea shanty if they ever had one.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:

Come now Tiddles. Are you saying that those that put themselves in harm's way should be refused emergency help and healthcare ?
Does the same apply to those that smoke ?
Does the same apply to anyone playing contact sport ?
Does the same apply to those that suffer heart attacks due to the stress they put themselves under at work, even though they've been told they'rerunning a huge risk ?
Does the same apply to those who gratuitously have a BMI 20% over the accepted norm ?
Does the same apply to those involved in car accidents where they have been driving badly ?
Does the same apply to those that drink more alcohol than the government unit advice ?

It's a slippery slope out there.  Just who does qualify for health care free at the point of delivery in your brave new world ? Just who actually deserves to be helped at all apart from you and yours obviously ? Just asking. I would be genuinely interested in your list of those that qualify, and those that don't. Feel free to include your favourite subject if you wish. ATD appears to have no problem with anything said.

Good point, oh Wintry one. But I've certainly got a problem with those who put themselves in harm's way, despite the warnings, and then expect others to put themselves in harm's way to save them. Like the lifeboat crews, or the other rescue services, for instance.

And I've also got a problem with those who carry on regardless, ignoring the warnings / requests not to, with little thought for the impact on others. Early yesterday morning, I heard a report on the radio of people continuing to drive down a flooded road with no care for the fact that they were creating waves which were pushing the water into people's homes - water which wouldn't have gone there if not for them.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 pm

People don't expect to get into trouble. They certainly don't do certain things with risk, and think it's ok 'cos I'll be saved. In fact I would say their decision making almost always only effects one person... themselves. Also I would say the human condition has always produced "victims" and "rescuers". It happens all the time outside of medical care. Half of human relationships revolve around that tennet in one way or other. Are we to deny that ? Don't forget the moralising press presently searching out the odd Tiddles to interview and barracking the great unwashed yet again, is the same press that puts down every riot in England since time began to ne'erdowells and terrorists. Not a decent citizen amongst them apparently.

Are teenagers with their nasty little trainers and trackies who have had far too much to drink at Christmas to be allowed to lie in their own vomit in the street and die while paramedics pass them by, rushing to aid more "worthy" people with an acute gout problem at home brought on by the very same over indulgence ?
As for bad neighbourliness, that doubtless goes on all the time, flood and pestilence or no, I just wish people would be more caring.
I should imagine the wash created by the new planned Hs2 train line will cause a lot more havoc than a renault clio at Harbetonford.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

I took some amazing footage of the storm down in porthleven but all from a safe vantage point.

I did see the shots of the idiot who almost killed himself and his child while trying to get up close and personal with a huge wave and I've no doubt that there were many similar events over the last few days.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Now you're being a trolling tw@t hairy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Iggy wrote:

There is no ignore button in a distress situation at sea.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:45 pm

You will never beat the sea
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Dane. wrote:
You will never beat the sea

True
Back to top Go down
hippo

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 pm

The worst thing I ever heard was a question from a non local was 'does the sea always come in this far?'. Granted this was ooop narth but FFS why do you think there are sea walls etc. Are these people King Knut in disguise? rant over
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:32 am

Off wave watching this arvo, giving up to 28' at Sennen.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 am

Stay safe Iggy!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 am

Iggy wrote:
Off wave watching this arvo, giving up to 28' at Sennen.

Ahh Sennen, one of my favourite beaches in the world.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 am

Don't worry well be in an elevated position with the digital cam.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 am

I'll be having a gander at the waves, close up, off the East end of the Isle of Wight about 2200. 6 hours of shite then surf all the way to Dover.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Went to Trevose with the younger son, it was blowing so hard up the A30 I was struggling to get the transvestite over 60! I've seen bigger waves but they had a lovely shape to them, biggest we saw was 25' maybe 30' at a push. There were surfers in at Harlyn where it was double over head and a screaming offshore. Ten years ago I would have joined them, solid.
Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:52 pm

And to put everything in perspective I learned tonight that a friend has lost his leg in a car accident on the M3 last night, a serving marine (40 or 42 I'm not sure which) he's done several tours of Helmand and loses his leg driving home on leave, gutted for Lee and his wife Clair.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:21 pm

seadog wrote:
I'll be having a gander at the waves, close up, off the East end of the Isle of Wight about 2200. 6 hours of shite then surf all the way to Dover.

Why don't you get a proper merchant job and get out of British waters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unbelievable Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable   Unbelievable Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next