Tringreen
Dane
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Reduced budget next season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Dane. wrote:
one like him would be great

what an adventure that would be !!!!

your deranged haven't the last few chairmans/owners been bad enough ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:15 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Brent doesn't do failure, he's a fan after all. Or is he going to sink us in the Conference we because we won't all bend over and be grateful for the clusterfuck? Brent out now.

how much money does he stand to loose if we got relegated ?

Well, not much actually, if anything. He hasn't invested anything in the club, he's given loans, which obviously means he'll get those back at some point.

Together with the money he'll make from the HHP development (if it happens), he won't be out of pocket.

but if we went into admin say as a result of being relegated wouldn't he stand to lose more money by accepting so many pence in every pound, or forcing the club the close and getting nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Think big, be shite ? argyle were in the championship for 8 years you Muppet! You wont ever get near that league let alone stay there !!!

Wow, 8 whole years, really?

8 years last time Tis.

In total? That'll be 40 years in the 2nd tier. Along with 39 in the third, and unfortunately 8 in your natural habitat - div 4.

40 years, Tis.  Very Happy 

It's when I'm reminded of stats like that, despite the obvious geography, it's clear you've never been a proper rival for PAFC.

Merry Xmas

XxXx  santa 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Think big, be shite ? argyle were in the championship for 8 years you Muppet! You wont ever get near that league let alone stay there !!!

8 years last time Tis.

In total? That'll be 40 years in the 2nd tier. Along with 39 in the third, and unfortunately 8 in your natural habitat - div 4.

It's when I'm reminded of stats like that, despite the obvious geography,  it's clear you've never been a proper rival for PAFC.

Merry Xmas

XxXx   santa 

Ah, the ace denialist, chin up Czarky, you keep clinging to your history of abject mediocrity in the sure and certain knowledge that having won the 3rd division a couple of times makes you a big club. How do you find them 40 years as the 2nd division's perennial whipping boys have prepared you for being Devon's No.2 club.

No.2s, get it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:50 pm

hairy j wrote:
I'd expect a reduction in budget if the grandstand is demolished as all of the overheads and running costs won't exist. Changing rooms are likely to be portacabins so electric bills etc. will be lower - I dread to think how inefficient the current grandstand is in terms of heating/lighting and upkeep.
If it's playing budget, we're in for a great time.

Don't forget the asbestos...it helped to insulate the grandstand.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dane. wrote:

8 years last time Tis.

It's when I'm reminded of stats like that, despite the obvious geography,  it's clear you've never been a proper rival for PAFC.

Merry Xmas

XxXx   santa 

Ah, the ace denialist, chin up Czarky, you keep clinging to your history of abject mediocrity in the sure and certain knowledge that having won the 3rd division a couple of times makes you a big club. How do you find them 40 years as the 2nd division's perennial whipping boys have prepared you for being Devon's No.2 club.

No.2s, get it?

You're right actually Tis. The overwhelming majority of our history has been straddling the mid-two divisions. Abject mediocrity sums it up pretty well.

But it's exactly that sort of abject mediocrity that you could only ever dream of.  clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Dane. wrote:

8 years last time Tis.

Merry Xmas

XxXx   santa 

No.2s, get it?

Over 70yrs of league football before we discovered the Div2 league and said hello to Exeter's and Torquay's regular match mates.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:

but if we went into admin say as a result of being relegated wouldn't he stand to lose more money by accepting so many pence in every pound, or forcing the club the close and getting nothing at all.

If he's put nothing at all in he can't be out of pocket if when it all goes tits up.

I really don't get all this about him keeping us afloat with loans. Argyle comfortably get the second highest average attendances (see link) & have a squad that must be cheap as chips as most of them are so piss poor they would struggle to get in a South Western league side, yet we are still told that we are running at a loss !
It doesn't make any sense....Where is all the money going ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:42 pm

I wonder if the reduced budget is because sponsorship money will no longer be forthcoming next season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

If he's put nothing at all in he can't be out of pocket if when it all goes tits up.

I really don't get all this about him keeping us afloat with loans. Argyle comfortably get the second highest average attendances (see link) & have a squad that must be cheap as chips as most of them are so piss poor they would struggle to get in a South Western league side, yet we are still told that we are running at a loss !
It doesn't make any sense....Where is all the money going ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

what about the loans he has taken out or will that be on his back not the clubs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Tis derails another thread.

Reducing the budget, if it happens, might just be the straw for the remaining season ticket holders. It worries me to see so many grey heads (and bald ones) at Argyle. They'll only live for so long and a new generation of fans needs to be attending now. A reduction in budget doesn't mean poorer results but it often does. I'd be ok with a reduction in first team budgets if that money was transferred to youth development but it probably won't be.

Mr Tan!? OMFG... the absolute personification of what is wrong with football. The bloke would buy Buckingham Palace and pebble dash it and rename it Mr Tan's Happy Joy Mansion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I wonder if the reduced budget is because sponsorship money will no longer be forthcoming next season.

silent I couldn't possibly say  Suspect 

As I've said in another post, the sponsorship deals with FES are a very big slice of our income currently and taking these deals away would have a huge impact on next seasons budget.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Greenjock...no not a big slice not at all. the biggest player is season ticket sales and those seem to be holding up very well at 4000....no reason at all for a reduced budget none at all...in fact I expect to see new faces in the january window...strong rumour I've heard.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Couldn't give a Rats arse about the season now, as far as im concerned its a write off already..finishing just outside the relegation slots is just about the height of ambition for PAFC and Mr Brent.
We should be putting EVERYTHING into winning that Cup tie at Port Vale, by far our only chance of doing anything notable this season.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Ask any Cardiff fan of they want to swap with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Dane. wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Dane. wrote:

I'm sure that many at Cardiff would get rid of Tan in a nano-second if they could.

I just wish that Mr Brent had a small portion of that man's wealth and was willing to spend some of it on the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:29 pm

knecht wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Dane. wrote:

I'm sure that many at Cardiff would get rid of Tan in a nano-second if they could.

I just wish that Mr Brent had a small portion of that man's wealth and was willing to spend some of it on the club.
They might be moaning about Tan knecht, but tomorrow cardiff are playing liverpool, argyle are playing bury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:39 pm

I'd rather play Bury. We stand a chance of winning that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 am

greensleeves wrote:
Greenjock...no not a big slice not at all. the biggest player is season ticket sales and those seem to be holding up very well at 4000....no reason at all for a reduced budget none at all...in fact I expect to see new faces in the january window...strong rumour I've heard.....

Yup taking Nikk's hundreds of thousands out of the equation is a drop in the ocean and won't affect things one iota.

FES may well have paid up front for this season or whatever but if that money isn't around next season you ask John Sheridan if he has a reduced budget or not come next summer.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 am

Unfortunately their are still a sizeable number of Argo fans who just think we are playing badly and it's all a bit disappointing and it's nice we (might) get a new stand. Spoke to a friend of a friend a couple of weeks ago who is a loyal supporter home and away and when I started to talk about Brent as being a non investing property developing assett stripper.
He just looked dumfounded - seriously he was surprised. I really do fear for our football future I really do.
BRENT/WEBB OUT! Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Of course it will be a reduced budget, how else do think the stand is going to be funded
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Ludicrous to suggest a reduced budget next season may be due to the demise of a sponsor halfway through the current season. What an earth do we have a commercial department for if its not to go recruiting more sponsors ?

We do have a commercial department don't we ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Not much point if there are not many businesses with decent money willing to be involved. Argyle are a busted flush these days, and just like many of us fans, the owner is going to have to up his game if he wants business partners other than what has become the norm recently.  And I mean real businessmen, not academics or some educational quango that come bearing gifts of government grants for his pension pot.  
If we were up North the likes of Dawson would have been a football and Argyle fan. As it is, we're not, he isn't, and we're left with a bunch of fans who have never run a business in their life giving naive ideas from their Plympton semi D.
I'v had a chuckle or two over the last couple of years watching the Pasoti gang try to undermine the club's commercial 'department' at every opportunity, and are at present embarked in discrediting the club's communications 'department'. Anyone would think they wanted the gig for themselves, and on that note does anyone have any idea who got the communications assistant job recently at the club ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Apologies for not reading the full thread but with so many unemployed available as a free work force. Fill ya boots Brenty, every other greedy fucka does.

Or you could actually take care to rebuild PAFC and realise it is currently underperforming as a football club and a business, actually work with the wider community who will support the club.

I've no doubt the baby has his mind set though (insert abuse)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Winter Green who did get the gig? Please don't tell me it's one of the usual subjects!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reduced budget next season   Reduced budget next season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reduced budget next season
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next