+2
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Pompey sack Whittingham Empty
PostSubject: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Bit harsh?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:46 pm

I did hear he was trying to run the club along the same lines as Redknapp with regard to spending & wages etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Mental. Portsmouth could end up in a relegation battle this season. Their defensive record is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

FY 310 wrote:
I did hear he was trying to run the club along the same lines as Redknapp with regard to spending & wages etc.

I have seldom ever seen a dumber post than that.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:02 pm

could get even dumber and move for tisdale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm

This is the big club who were nailed on for promotion in No.1 spot according to a lot of people including those on here.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 pm

2 points behind us with a game in hand. There's a club not content with being stuck down here forever....
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 pm

They got more ambition in their little finger than Our club has hence why they got rid of Guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:25 pm

So to have ambition you have to sack a manager then? Sheridan OUT!!!! Or maybe it's just that he didn't work out, like a number of managers haven't throughout the football league so they decided to try somebody else. EVERY club has ambition whoever they are. Not all of them can afford to back that ambition however but they all have it nonetheless. In this league size doesn't matter much and perhaps they have learned that already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:31 pm

With the turn over of players that they have had this season....they are still learning each others names....let alone playing football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So to have ambition you have to sack a manager then?    Sheridan OUT!!!!    Or maybe it's just that he didn't work out, like a number of managers haven't throughout the football league so they decided to try somebody else.    EVERY club has ambition whoever they are.    Not all of them can afford to back that ambition however but they all have it nonetheless.    In this league size doesn't matter much and perhaps they have learned that already.
no my friend they have ambition because they aren't just content with just having a club to support they recongise that football is a results business and want to get back to the championship as soon as possible with a club owned by the fans with buisness knowledge that im sure will stand them better stead then before.

The big difference between us and them is some of our fans think plymouth argyle ceased to be a football club in 2010 and reborn as a community project funded by budding property developers backed by sheep who are content to live on the old lie its not the winning its the taking part that counts.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So to have ambition you have to sack a manager then?    Sheridan OUT!!!!    Or maybe it's just that he didn't work out, like a number of managers haven't throughout the football league so they decided to try somebody else.    EVERY club has ambition whoever they are.    Not all of them can afford to back that ambition however but they all have it nonetheless.    In this league size doesn't matter much and perhaps they have learned that already.
Actually agree with a lot of that, I don't think it is necessarily a good move. They were always in for a season of turmoil no matter what their fans round yerrr thought.

Paulo Di Canio next in line apparently. Could get interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Lost against 10 men tonight conceeding two after the sending off. Now 3 points behind Argyle with a game in hand.

Di Canio is not a manager I'd want in my club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Bump......

Still behind Argyle with no game in hand. Lost a lead at the death. Sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Bump......

Still behind Argyle with no game in hand.    Lost a lead at the death.     Sound familiar?    
Not really.Why should it sound familiar? And in the longer term,Pompey will inevitably enjoy more success than Argyle because they set their sights higher and back themselves rather than chickening out at the key moments.You're sounding like all of those fans who were having a pants creaming session at Argyle finishing 10th in the championship and gloating self righteously at the temporary demise of clubs like Southampton,Norwich,Leeds and Leicester while at the same time slapping down people who were not trusting in stapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Not really, I don't actually cream myself over anything football. I don't gloat at any sides downfall either although I could make an exception for Man U. I haven't expressed an opinion on "Stapes" whether trusting or not.

There was a point made previously that Pompey had a game in hand and were only 2 points behind implying they weren't really lower than Argyle. My "bump" now says they aren't a game in hand and are still behind and that's all. I leave all the creaming about Argyle's lack of success historically to others these days because everyone has an entrenched opinion and it is unlikely to be changed by debating it further. Implication from others was Pompey will be higher because they have more perceived ambition. Fact currently is they aren't.
"Lost a lead at the death. Sound familiar" was that Argyle used to do that often. Now it's generally lose by one goal if they are going to. Argyle were perceived as a club that should have been doing better. Hence sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

greensleeves wrote:
could get even dumber and move for tisdale
From the mouth's of babes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey sack Whittingham   Pompey sack Whittingham Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey sack Whittingham
Page 1 of 1