Chemical Ali
Mapperley, darling
Tringreen
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Lincoln match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm

I'll give him a BJ if he scores another hat trick on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Feck, I just hope there is no one there watching.
It was an Ex**er like attendance of 3324, 99 away fans.

Last edited by Jack Sheppard on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Not true. I am not a superfan and the reason I didn't go had nothing to do with Brent or the size of his investment or lack of it. Firstly the opposition were hardly exciting. Secondly it is not a competition with our name on it. Thirdly it's fecking horrible out there. And lastly I didn't think it was worth £15.

Had this been a tie against much bigger opposition no doubt there would have been many thousands more and no verdict in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 pm

It wasn't a terrible attendance. Most season ticket holders obviously didn't go. It's freezing, raining, it's Wednesday, it's against non-league opposition, it's the first round. It's only one/two pay days before Xmas too. It's not terrible.
Welling should be an easy win.
3rd round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sheridan has just pulled Reid off. Harvey on.
i thought we were a family buisness product :O
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:06 pm

HAVE THAT LINCOLN YOU SHITTY F*CKS

Glory glory Plymuff Argo....when the greens go marching on on on!

Can't wait to lose to Welling.

On on on!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 pm

I didn't go. Second time this season. I've just had some building work done which took longer than anticipated because of the weather and I needed to get a second coat of paint on the skirting boards before new carpets are laid tomorrow.

I'm sad to say that just like the last game I missed, it didn't matter. I was just as happy painting skirting boards!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Bet yoo wish posh jimmy wuz your owner?jocolor jocolor
You bet I do, a nice new stand and no total cnut of a manager on £150k for being shit.

You don't know how good you got it.

Welling are a better side than Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm

After enjoying a trip to Morrisons on a fine winters morning yesterday. I fulfilled my promise to my half aviva- half not aviva (dunno the word for that) uncle and fought through the huge que at the Argyle Superstore shed thing to obtain tickets (from a guy who obviously wasn't bored and didn't want to be anywhere else) for tonight's match... Rolling Eyes 

Anyway, the first half performance was very good. Normally when our centre and wing backs get the ball there is no other thought than hoofing it up the pitch, tonight they played it on the deck and managed to find players in space. Lincoln's defending was shambolic but we took full advantage of it. Second half was a professional getting the job done affair. Now time time to save up for a shirt and a mug afro 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
It was an Ex**er like attendance of 3324, 99 away fans.
Looked as if there were a good few more than the given attendance to me,the people i gave a lift home to thought so too,4500-5000 was my estimate.As to the game,Lincoln gifted Argyle the first goal with a shocking clearance from the keeper straight to Reid,who made no mistake.Even before that though,RR caused their defence severe problems and they just couldn't handle him,too strong and his link up play was superb also-biggest farce of the evening was Guerrieri winning the man of the match award,Jesus wept,which game were these people watching.Bit of a hiding to nothing match for Argyle tonight but due credit to them,they did an effective demolition job on frankly poor opposition and getting a few goals can't in any way be harmful.Bearing in mind the disasters in the past two seasons to even lower league clubs,this has to be marked down as progress,hopefully the same sort of performance can be achieved against Welling.Got a feeling that Saturday's game will be a different matter though.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 pm

There was a funny moment near the end when 2 chavs pitch invaded and one "offered out" the Lincoln fans then ran around the pitch- the stewards just watched (don't think they wanted to run around in the cold).

Argyle played some great football first half and Odabeyi was a handful. Lincoln were the better of the two sides in the second half and Odabeyi seemed to tire. Trotman and Young became quite error prone too, but Cole pulled off some good saves. Argyle's attacking threat declined without Reid to hold the ball up. Harvey did some neat passes (one decent ball to Odabeyi at the end) but did not do enough to even threaten a first team spot (although it could be argued that Argyle had relaxed a bit). It was bloody freezing at the end, but I can't remember the last time Argyle scored 5 goals? Reid is the first player since Pericard to score a hat-trick, and this is our first FA Cup win since 2008 jocolor

Not sure why Gurreiri was MoM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:37 am

Happy for the win IF we can reach the 3rd round and draw a top prem side at home that would do our finances the world of good.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:19 am

Angry wrote:
Happy for the win IF we can reach the 3rd round and draw a top prem side at home that would do our finances the world of good.
More than likely to disappear into the black hole of transparency and supporter engagement. Anyway, we can't get many into HP these days Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:41 am

Let's hope we can force another upset against Welling.

I'm up for the Cup!

Geddon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:24 am

Not so sad act, it's a miracle I tell 'ee! cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:08 am

I agree that Reid should have been MOTM but it's not surprise that the award was given to Gurrieri, he was terrific, and proved how much more effective he is than bloody Boco.

Reid, Young, Gurrieri, Nelson and Cole were the stand out's for me, although everybody apart from Berry had a good game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
More than likely to disappear into the black hole of transparency and supporter engagement. Anyway, we can't get many into HP these days Rolling Eyes 
Not on a wet and windy wednesday night when people have work/ school etc etc in the morning. Also the council tax is due Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Having seen the highlight's, shouldn't have gone down as an OG, Alessandra's shot was very clearly on target.

Also, I don't think there was any contact at all for the penalty:lol: 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I went to most of the match. A horrendously awkward spell from about 5 pm onwards caused me to be delayed and so I missed the kick-off and the first goal and had only just taken my place when we slotted the second. I stayed until the end though.

I thought Reid was excellent throughout but the stand out player for me was Obadeyi. He absolutely slaughtered his full back and seemed to do it differently each time. So much so that, I thought, the penalty was obvious even if the contact was slight but I didn't have a great angle on it so can't be sure. He faded badly in the second half but for the first 45 he was awesome.

Everybody contributed and the 4th goal was a real beaut with a slide rule pass from Guerrieri setting Reid up who finished well. Guerrieri was tidy, and that pass was brilliant, but he wasn't MoM for me. It had to be Reid.

Jake Cole made a fantastic save when it was 2-0. Had it gone to 2-1 it could have been a different evening.

Argyle cruised to the win in the end. Job done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Highlights (must admit that was a great ball from Gurrieri for Reid's third)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:18 pm

It was a great ball and so was the ball through for the second from Reid ? cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
It was a great ball and so was the ball through for the second from Reid ?  cheers 
It was.

Alessandra's through to Obadeyi that resulted in the penalty was pretty good too!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I bet we don't have as much room to play on Saturday, Lincoln were missing most of their team in their side when we scored most of the goals, they were well taken though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Iggy wrote:
I bet we don't have as much room to play on Saturday, Lincoln were missing most of their team in their side when we scored most of the goals, they were well taken though.
Did they start as a five-a-side team by mistake?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:26 am

It looks that way on the highlights, have another look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln match thread   Lincoln match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lincoln match thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next