Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  Empty
PostSubject: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 pm

He way slow as feck in his last few games for us and that was years ago. Can't see him pulling up any trees no matter how outstanding an individual he is.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Thumbs up to their board for the ambition.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Would he have come back here i doubt it that's his level now
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 am

I don't believe for one minute we were stitched up by Ridsdale & Brent so I wont even suggest it, despite the dodgy knees and silly hat.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:03 am

I've heard somewhere, that the top PL clubs are moving towards doing an Udinese/Watford and adopting a lower league club, where their emerging young players can get experience in first team football, instead of playing in reserve team football with no atmosphere.

Arsenal to adopt Barnet was suggested. So maybe Arsene has also recognised the 'outstanding individual's' potential and he is now in place to help Wenger develop the stars of the future for the Gunners ?

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 am

To be fair, when Fletch diagnosed himself (did we have a physio, I might be wrong) as having dodgy knees and couldn't be bothered to play again, he did look dapper and considerably young in that matalan suit. Arsene must be getting old by now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:40 am

Going from a clueless manager to a clueless midfield donkey, Barnet must be clueless!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:22 am

Not too old yet but probably way too unfit to start playing again now especially at Conference level which, skills and fitness wise, is on a par with L2 . Drop a couple of more levels and he'd probably be fine.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:34 am

You've got to have doubts when he hasn't played a competitive match for over two years.

Good luck to him though. Treated terribly at Argyle despite his 'cluelessness'. Promoted well above his capabilities, sacked and then immediately sent out to face the press. The site of him announcing his own sacking was one of the most shameful things I've seen under the Brent regime, Fletcher deserved better than that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:58 am

You're right there FTB. I didn't want him as manager from the start and he did nothing to alter my opinion but that was incredibly insensitive and a measure of Brent the man.

Watching him fight back tears as he tried to give an interview was shameful and unprecedented in the football world.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:06 am

In the culture created by the reluctant one and his jamboys, there always has to be a fall guy, when they finally jump ship after regularly backing the wrong horse in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 am

I'm looking forward to the day when Jimmy boy gives the bully boys the boot, it will happen, it's only a question of time. cheers
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:14 am

Bollox to his tears. He was the same bloke who undermined Peter Reid. The same bloke who signed a contract stating he was fit to play, despite 'self' retiring months later, the same bloke who was a complete failure at all levels, it was the love-ins via pasoti that kept him here.

The only ounce of credit I can give him was he should never have been manager but he took the job anyway. Horrible self-serving cnut who lapped up glory from idiots, nobody heard from him since his departure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 am

I wasn't his biggest fan but nobody deserves to be sacked then still have to give an interview.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Undermined Reid is one side of the story.

The players having lost faith in Reid and feeling much more united under Fletch is another and something I've heard of more than one player. Including one who would be universally agreed to be a club legend.

I can entirely get the stress having got to Reid how it did but if it was effecting his ability to manage then that undermining may have been just what kept us up that season. I've heard Larrieu, Walton and a lot of the young new signings had much more faith in Fletch.

That could be looked on either way but there's no doubt the results changed before he could make any new signings. Think of it as parliament ousting Chamberlain for Churchill in 1940. Like Churchill, Fletch won us the war, had a slight speech impediment and was useless in peacetime. We all see things differently but I could never feel bitterness for a guy who badly, badly wanted to succeed at this club and just wasn't good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Im not going to hold a grudge against the guy and wish he the best at barent.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 pm

GreenSam wrote:

The players having lost faith in Reid and feeling much more united under Fletch is another and something I've heard of more than one player. Including one who would be universally agreed to be a club  legend.

I can entirely get the stress having got to Reid how it did but if it was effecting his ability to manage then that undermining may have been just what kept us up that season. I've heard Larrieu, Walton and a lot of the young  new signings had much more faith in Fletch.

That could be looked on either way but there's no doubt the results changed before he could make any new signings. Think of it as parliament ousting Chamberlain for Churchill in 1940. Like Churchill, Fletch won us the war, had a slight speech impediment and was useless in peacetime. We all see things differently but I could never feel bitterness for a guy who badly, badly wanted to succeed at this club and just wasn't good enough.
From the outside he always seemed like a decent guy, who was thrown in headfirst on the basis that Brent could appoint him as a cheap option without too much grief, due to Fletcher's status as a player. It's not his fault he found himself out of his depth - he was in a difficult situation even for an experienced coach and I don't think he even had his badges when he was first appointed. It's entirely possible that he'll make a decent coach in future, after a more sensible progression and at a club that doesn't resemble a madhouse. It seems to me he was just one of a series of Brent's human shields. IMO he should get a bit of sympathy for that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Good post Jabba. I was always quite anti-Fletcher but as you say, must be difficult for anyone to function in such difficult surroundings.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

The players having lost faith in Reid and feeling much more united under Fletch is another and something I've heard of more than one player. Including one who would be universally agreed to be a club  legend.

I can entirely get the stress having got to Reid how it did but if it was effecting his ability to manage then that undermining may have been just what kept us up that season. I've heard Larrieu, Walton and a lot of the young  new signings had much more faith in Fletch.

From the outside he always seemed like a decent guy, who was thrown in headfirst on the basis that Brent could appoint him as a cheap option without too much grief, due to Fletcher's status as a player. It's not his fault he found himself out of his depth - he was in a difficult situation even for an experienced coach and I don't think he even had his badges when he was first appointed. It's entirely possible that he'll make a decent coach in future, after a more sensible progression and at a club that doesn't resemble a madhouse. It seems to me he was just one of a series of Brent's human shields. IMO he should get a bit of sympathy for that.
Agree with that except for two parts:
1) I'm not sure how cheap Fletcher was- he was coming out of championship players wages. If he was cheap it would have meant taking an enormous paycut. I think he was the safe option more so than the cheap one.
2) He did have some badges but not the highest level ones that he wants.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:29 am

GreenSam wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Agree with that except for two parts:
1) I'm not sure how cheap Fletcher was- he was coming out of championship players wages. If he was cheap it would have meant taking an enormous paycut. I think he was the safe option more so than the cheap one.
2) He did have some badges but not the highest level ones that he wants.
But he would have had to deal with Fletcher's wages in some fashion - either by selling him or paying him, whoever was appointed as manager. The fact that he was able to appoint a rookie manager without much, if any, extra outlay in a crisis situation, when in the circumstances most fans would probably have revolted if an outsider with Fletcher's credentials had been appointed, was an absolute result for the Reluctant Bidder.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:43 am

GreenSam wrote:

walton had more faith in fletcher ? come on. walton didnt take to reid from day 1 he was loaned out to sheff utd days after reid arrived!
i doubt reid was ever paid during his time at home park, the stress would have been difficult to handle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:56 am

Reid wasnt that well liked by the players as he was clueless most of the time. I know that one for a fact as an ex player told him it in confidence. I wont give his name but he isnt anyone we like lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:37 am

I do know that some prominent fans knew that Reid was going to be sacked 24 hours before he was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Seems Fletcher lasted 56 mins before running out of legs, as Barnet won away yesterday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Match fitness will take time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual    Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual  Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet sign an Outstanding Individual
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next