LondonGreen
Czarcasm
Chingers
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Ideas for dinner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Pasties are fairly easy to assemble but the preparation takes time (you could cheat and buy ready diced onion, potato, turnip). What makes a pasty is the seasoning- I usually make up 1 part Mustard powder (Colmans), 1 Oxo Cube, 1 teaspoon salt, with a dash of pepper. My mum also adds a teaspoon of mixed herbs to hers but she is from Yorkshire. Leftover meat/ veg can be used in a stew or pie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 am

Chingers wrote:
Bored of bolognaise and the usual stuff for the kids.  Anyone got any ideas?  Eldest is 8 and will eat most things but certain veg needs to be hidden.
KFC, Deluxe Boneless box.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

Jello wrote:
Chingers wrote:
Bored of bolognaise and the usual stuff for the kids.  Anyone got any ideas?  Eldest is 8 and will eat most things but certain veg needs to be hidden.
KFC, Deluxe Boneless box.
They'd love that and that why you know is absolutely no good for you. Quite fancy a bit of that now mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:12 pm

What about roast goats cheese and fig salad?

Quick, tasty and full of flavour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 pm

I have just had 16 large Ivor Dewdney pasties delivered by Fedex. They should keep me going until tea time.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I have just had 16 large Ivor Dewdney pasties delivered by Fedex. They should keep me going until tea time.

Don't ! I can smell them from here...................... won't miss the indigestion though.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Every TV Chef tells me a different way to do my roasties. Tom Berridge is at it now on BBC2.

It's a minefield I tell thee.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Aunt Bessies roasties everytime! Even I can cook them.Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Chingers wrote:
Every TV Chef tells me a different way to do my roasties.  Tom Berridge is at it now on BBC2.

It's a minefield I tell thee.
First rule - it's gotta be Maris Pipers. Part boil and then drain 'em. Season slightly with a touch of salt, then drizzle with olive oil (this makes all the difference). Pop a lid on 'em then shake 'em up till they're almost falling apart. Heat some more oil in yer roasting dish for a few minutes then pop yer spuds in the oven to roast.

Drizzling the oil just before you shake them makes them beautifully crisp and tasty on the outside and perfectly fluffy on the inside. Gotta be Maris Pipers tho!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 pm

If you've got a slow cooker, make pulled pork, it's really good and it's the only way to eat a shoulder of pork. It's awesome. It can take up to ten hours though. There's no recipe as such so have a look online. It's real Man vs Food food.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Tuna pasta bake quick and easy to make you can get a sauce which cooks the pasta as well as the sauce.
my little one loves it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:10 pm

hairy j wrote:
If you've got a slow cooker, make pulled pork, it's really good and it's the only way to eat a shoulder of pork. It's awesome. It can take up to ten hours though. There's no recipe as such so have a look online. It's real Man vs Food food.
Good shout. I was looking the other day at this one. So simple and looks like it'd be gorgeous. May try it later in the week...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:22 am

Had beef cassorole in one of those colemans bag thing bought for 15p at home bargains, went down well with some chippy chips.

Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 am

I love pulled pork. Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Sushi, easy to make, nutritious and makes you look fookin cultured
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Talking of pulled pork. Jeeeeezus H christ I miss these bad boys when I used to work in the US. As Hairy say's - real Man V Food stuff.Thanks/OK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sushi, easy to make, nutritious and makes you look fookin cultured
Sushis a great shout. Delicious and you can all have a go at making it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 pm

I've never tried sushi. Too much of a wimp to put raw fish in my mouth.Embarassed 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Jello wrote:
I've never tried sushi. Too much of a wimp to put raw fish in my mouth.Embarassed 
It's not really raw though because you marinate it first. It's really tasty and surprisingly filling. I'd eat it every day.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 pm

I've been in a meeting and missed lunch. This is the worse thread to read right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Really fresh fish (I'm having gurnard - an under-rated firm fish that's more importantly also cheap) baked on a bed of fennel, garlic, tomato, onion & ginger with a few simply boiled potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:57 pm

You can make sushi with normal items too, when i was down under they live chicken and avocado, prawn avocado type things. Me, i like tuna, salmon and eel
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Ceviche? I think it's called is real nice, thin slivers of a decent fish, Bass, Bream or Mackerel (Knect could use his Gurnard one of my favourites) placed in lime juice which will cook the slices in about twenty minutes, delicious.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:30 am

Czarcasm wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Good shout. I was looking the other day at this one. So simple and looks like it'd be gorgeous. May try it later in the week...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I did this one overnight in the slow cooker on friday, then had the pulled pork baguettes after Argyle yesterday. Very Happy 

Really would recommend it. I used just over half a kilo of pork loin, so quite a bit less than in the recipe, but the juices from the pork really do infuse beautifully with the pineapple juice that it's cooking in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Pork shoulder for pulled pork in my opinion but I do love a bit of fat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next